BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Letting go of Ayala was the right choice imo given his injury record, and I dont think we could have done much about Phillips.

The issue imo was not signing another CB. We tried with Baath (think the plan was to sign him and Hill) but then when the financial situation changed we gave up. We should have found someone.

Absolutely no chance we were bringing in a PL loan at CB / RB and an experienced Championship CB.

We had to loan Buckley out to balance out the books ffs. 

• Like 2

Although it's difficult to predict the outcome of appeals I really felt confident about the red card being rescinded. Thankfully the ex players on the appeal panel understood that Scott won the ball and the contact with the Norwich player after that was a consequence of the tackle.

• Like 3

surely we will line up like this. No other choice really except maybe Travis in the middle  or Siggy on the left, but Dolan and Trondstad deserve to keep their places. 

Leonard

Dolan.           Szmodics                 Moran

Wharton.          Trondstad

pickering.   Wharton.  Hill.      Brittain

Whalstedt

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

surely we will line up like this. No other choice really except maybe Travis in the middle  

Leonard

Whalstedt

We usually fuck it up when we play two in midfield

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, white boy said:

Thats a rather interesting take on the standing of teams from Lancashire.  Be interesting to know what others think of this and how there thoughts work in comparison to this chart.  Clearly the dingles will never be top of any chart on this forum!

I’d probably put PNE above Wigan and Blackpool tbf, but Rovers have won way more trophies than any of the rest.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yankfan said:

surely we will line up like this. No other choice really except maybe Travis in the middle  or Siggy on the left, but Dolan and Trondstad deserve to keep their places. 

Leonard

Whalstedt

Sigurdsson on the left, Dolan up top for Leonard for me.

He's done really well last few games 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's based on the last 40 years or so. If by 'interesting' you mean accurate then I agree. You've achieved very little in that time but at least these day you're no longer having to apply for re-election😉

If we want to extrapolate over a longer period, the last time you won a major trophy was 1938. For Blackpool it was 1953, Bolton 1958, Burnley 1960, Wigan 2013.  I've lost count of the major trophies we've won since 1938. 

Whichever way to want to cut it, the Nobbers are the runt of the Lancashire litter.

Thank you for your response always interesting to see how different people/ supporters etc. look at matters in relation to their teams exploits or lack of them as the case may be.

I don't tend to take any personal offence or any personal achievement off my team winning or loosing as either way it wouldn't have had a lot to do with my bit of personal cheering or my bit of money chucked at the club over the years.

• Like 2

Huge opportunity for Scott Wharton to get his Rovers' career back on track - derby games can make heroes!

The lad has the passion and has shown the ability previously - a couple of early clean, crunching tackles will give him an enormous confidence boost (and it's confidence the issue IMO).

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, white boy said:

Thank you for your response always interesting to see how different people/ supporters etc. look at matters in relation to their teams exploits or lack of them as the case may be.

I don't tend to take any personal offence or any personal achievement off my team winning or loosing as either way it wouldn't have had a lot to do with my bit of personal cheering or my bit of money chucked at the club over the years.

Probably for the best when you support North End. 

Just bantz 🙂 

26 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Leonard

Whalstedt

I'm not sure he'll want to move Dolan from the striker position. He was excellent on Sunday.

I think the only question marks are over who plays RW and LW. 

If it's Moran on the left then Siggy may come in on the right?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Absolutely no chance we were bringing in a PL loan at CB / RB and an experienced Championship CB.

We had to loan Buckley out to balance out the books ffs. 

Yeh it's been so sad. Oh well

At least the FA actually paid attention and gave us Wharton back!! 

Don't remember the last time they did that!

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Probably for the best when you support North End. 

Just bantz 🙂 

Absolutely, i am ok with the old banter although to be fair it is not really banter but the truth!

The truth is many of Lancashire Mill towns have done brilliant over the last 30 years something that Preston will struggle to manage.

Not stop be going home and away ... i am ok with other local teams doing well it just evidences that its possible!

I am looking forward to Wigan Bolton Burnley getting back in the championship.... the local derby's are always the most interesting.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, white boy said:

Absolutely, i am ok with the old banter although to be fair it is not really banter but the truth!

The truth is many of Lancashire Mill towns have done brilliant over the last 30 years something that Preston will struggle to manage.

Not stop be going home and away ... i am ok with other local teams doing well it just evidences that its possible!

I am looking forward to Wigan Bolton Burnley getting back in the championship.... the local derby's are always the most interesting.

You won’t have to wait long for this one.

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Although it's difficult to predict the outcome of appeals I really felt confident about the red card being rescinded. Thankfully the ex players on the appeal panel understood that Scott won the ball and the contact with the Norwich player after that was a consequence of the tackle.

Absolutely. I was genuinely surprised a lot of our own fans thought it was a red. I had a look at the match thread on the Norwich forum and general concensus was that it was harsh as well.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1