BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

The thing with Leo is the simple crosses he drops/punches to nowhere in particular. Ball fired in at him with a six foot striker or centre half bashing into him then understandable, but he looks a bag of nerves even when unchallenged.

I’m still fairly hopeful as the rest of his game looks solid enough, but TK he ain’t.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Andy said:

The Leo thing is being overplayed - let them think he's a weakness and see how they get on.

Preston are shite and play dire football; in the image of their manager.

We'll do them 3-0 and fire ourselves back into the top 6 (narrowly giving our team of no-mark donkeys some breathing space in our brave battle against relegation). 

They are clearly not shite hence why they are in the play offs and above us. Its an average league and they like us are probably going to end up in the middle somewhere.

Its not about letting them think Wahlstedt is a weakness, he is if he continues to play as he has been and with such a depleted defence we may not be able to offer him the protection we have prior to the weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Unbelievable, I didn’t think it was a red and more importantly, neither does Arbitro and so let’s hope that we appeal and it is overturned. A real pity about JRC, I really like him as a player but he seems to struggle to go 90 minutes and his body is always letting him down. If he hadn’t already signed for Rotherham, I think they would have been asking Ayala back.

Apologies if mentioned somewhere else, but any indication that an appeal has actually been submitted ??  

assuming the CEO / DoF can decide who's job it might be to fill the EFL forms in [ they've got previous for not being able to do that properly, will probably end up appealing a red card for Adam Wharton]

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The thing with Leo is the simple crosses he drops/punches to nowhere in particular. Ball fired in at him with a six foot striker or centre half bashing into him then understandable, but he looks a bag of nerves even when unchallenged.

I’m still fairly hopeful as the rest of his game looks solid enough, but TK he ain’t.

He's also 7+ years younger than Kaminski (and crucially for this administration, a damn sight cheaper).

• Like 2

It is what it is at this modern day BRFC.

You operate in the markets we do with the budget we have you obviously aren’t going to get Championship ready players every time. Just got to hope for improvements… starting with catching warm up style crosses for yon mon.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

Apologies if mentioned somewhere else, but any indication that an appeal has actually been submitted ??  

assuming the CEO / DoF can decide who's job it might be to fill the EFL forms in [ they've got previous for not being able to do that properly, will probably end up appealing a red card for Adam Wharton]

Appeal will be submitted - can we do the paperwork in time…

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/november/06/rovers-to-appeal-wharton-red-card/

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Interesting tweet from a Norwich fan after yesterday's game

This is the full LinkedIn post that GB made as above: -

An enjoyable trip back to Norwich City yesterday, mainly due to Blackburn Rovers' performance and result. Just as great was to see the legacy that we worked so hard to build between 2012 and 2017 continue to bear fruit. A magnificent Championship debut from Jaden Warner (2002) who has had to be patient to earn his opportunity. Another player to graduate from the London recruitment programme that was the hard work of many including Jay Marshall, Ryan Gordon
and Ross Embleton. From one age group Norwich City have seen first team appearances from Jon Rowe, Tony Springett, Abu Kamara, Tyrese Omotoye and now Jaden Warner. From the same group Saxon Earley continues to thrive at Plymouth Argyle
and Nelson Khumbeni at Bolton Wanderers. On Wednesday night, under less favourable circumstances, it was also good to see Alex Matos continue to develop at Chelsea after his summer transfer from Norwich. Further afield, but also in the same age group, Kristian Hlynsson is
now a first team regular for Ajax. When we also add Max Aarons, Jamal Lewis, Ben Godfrey, Carlton Morris, Harry Toffolo, Jacob Murphy, Josh Murphy, Adam Idah and Todd Cantwell into list you realise how privileged we were to be working at Norwich City in such a special era.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Apart from the squad being very stretched, another worry for me is that Sammy has been playing through the pain barrier this last 2 games. 

I can see him pulling up soon and joining the rest on the treatment table. 

Hope we have enough tables down at Brockhall.! 

At least we have an international break after Friday. For once i’m quite happy there is one coming up.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

That ladies and gentlemen is how to blow your own trumpet.

definate bulls*****r,seen loads like him in my working career,they all speak and write the same,you only find out they are **** at their job when they have to start doing the job itself,gb will think it`s paradise at ewood,he is surrounded by fellow bull*****s

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

definate bulls*****r,seen loads like him in my working career,they all speak and write the same,you only find out they are **** at their job when they have to start doing the job itself,gb will think it`s paradise at ewood,he is surrounded by fellow bull*****s

I’ve said it before but with people like that (aka ‘great communicators) you need to ask yourself why are they saying what they are saying.

Edited by wilsdenrover