BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

All three results equal odds in my book.

Likelihood of ending 11 v 11 not very high.

Based on recent results for both sides, this could well be high scoring.

People saying Wahlstedt is lacking in confidence have him wrong. He just makes wrong decisions when the ball is in the air...

Would that be odds of 3/1 then?

Edited by wilsdenrover

I would go:

Flapper
Brittain Hill Pickering Batty
       Trav   MegaTron
            Wharton
Dolan   Szmodics  Siggy

Extra protection of Trav for the back 4, Wharton further forward to play some killer passes through the middle and through the channels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s why I’m so annoyed with Wharton. 3-0 up and cruising, absolutely no need to give the ref a decision to make.

I think that's a bit unfair Tyrone. I'd wager that the last thing on Scott's mind was getting sent off. His professional instinct kicked in and he thought he could win the ball and prevent them from scoring. And in fairness he did win the ball. The genuine look of astonishment on his face when the referee produced the card told me everything.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

All three results equal odds in my book.

Likelihood of ending 11 v 11 not very high.

Based on recent results for both sides, this could well be high scoring.

People saying Wahlstedt is lacking in confidence have him wrong. He just makes wrong decisions when the ball is in the air...

Another concern is the number of shots/headers that don't seem to stick!

He really does seem to have an issue with both catching (crosses) and holding on to (shots/headers) - I think he's cost us at least 3 goals.

I was desperate for him to be the answer to Pears and I would stick with him (we may have no other option) until the window reopens but the signs after 7/8 games or so are a tad worrying - struggling to even call him a decent 'shot stopper' and if a goalie hasn't even got that in his locker................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Surely we'd be better off moving Brittain to LB and bringing in Trav to RB (where he came through as a youngster)? From what I've seen of Batty, he is not ready at all. At least that's then four senior(ish) pros at the back.

It all comes down to whether batty if they think Batty is ready or not for some involvement. 

If they do then he has to play as that's the model we are going for (think Phillips last season). And also because it keeps more players in their more comfortable positions.

My guess is he isn't ready (or Atcheson is either) and they'll use Travis at right back.

I'd also assume that Whartons red won't get overturned. I also don't really think he can argue if he has another long spell without a start.

Its a big headache for JDT, I'd take a draw now if pressed on it. As a poster above said we are really going to have to double down on the passing/attacking side of out game.

So we have the prospect of facing Preston with no recognised central defenders, a reshuffled and makeshift defence with players playing out of position, and a "flapper" goalkeeper (copywright Chris Sutton) who gives away goals at regular intervals

Plus a forward line with no recognised centre forward

What could possibly go wrong?

Rovers 4 Preston 0

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Win/draw/loss all equal chance.

Why’s that 2/1 and not 3/1?

It would be 2/1 for all 3 outcomes if it was an equal chance.

£10 on a 2/1 returns £30. So if you put £10 on each outcome at 2/1 - you'd get your money back.

If each outcome was 3/1 you'd have some very poor bookies and rich punters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm not a technical person so I don't know if this will affect anybody on here.

It’s the people (myself included) who have paid for the games on Rovers TV. Looks like it won’t be available on Friday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lraC said:

It’s the people (myself included) who have paid for the games on Rovers TV. Looks like it won’t be available on Friday. 

Could you get a Now TV subscription for the day?

That's what I do for away games that aren't on the red button/RoversTV (in the UK). £11.98

Injuries and suspensions all over the place. Here's how I would line-up on Friday:

Wahlstedt

Travis     Hill      Pickering     Brittain

Tronstad    A. Wharton

Szmodics

Moran         Dolan        Sigurdsson

Considering no recognised striker and a massively makeshift defence, I think I'd take a draw as much as I'd love the win. Preston getting a win against Coventry will boost their confidence, and they'll be far more threatening than Norwich were. Expecting lots of direct play from them to try and catch Wahlstedt out.

I'll go 1-1. Dolan to bag against his old club.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Could you get a Now TV subscription for the day?

That's what I do for away games that aren't on the red button/RoversTV (in the UK). £11.98

That’s the way to go, if you are in the UK. 

58 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So we have the prospect of facing Preston with no recognised central defenders, a reshuffled and makeshift defence with players playing out of position, and a "flapper" goalkeeper (copywright Chris Sutton) who gives away goals at regular intervals

Plus a forward line with no recognised centre forward

What could possibly go wrong?

Rovers 4 Preston 0

Unbelievable, I didn’t think it was a red and more importantly, neither does Arbitro and so let’s hope that we appeal and it is overturned. A real pity about JRC, I really like him as a player but he seems to struggle to go 90 minutes and his body is always letting him down. If he hadn’t already signed for Rotherham, I think they would have been asking Ayala back.

The Leo thing is being overplayed - let them think he's a weakness and see how they get on.

Preston are shite and play dire football; in the image of their manager.

We'll do them 3-0 and fire ourselves back into the top 6 (narrowly giving our team of no-mark donkeys some breathing space in our brave battle against relegation). 

• Like 5

Really want to win this one as as lot of friends and family support PNE. If we didnt have the crisis at centre half I would be optimistic of a win, but concerned we might get pushed around by Evans or their new foreign bruiser.

Guessing it will be Hill and Pickering at centre half, has Hill played for us in the centre before I have only seen him at right back?