BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

all the pne fans i know are mega excited by the thought of beating us,i know they`ve had **** all to celebrate for the last 60 years but getting aroused at the thought of beating blackburn is the epitome of a proper small club syndrome imo

They won't beat us. 

Unchanged side for me, lads will be well rested and up for this one.

On 07/11/2023 at 13:50, white boy said:

Thats a rather interesting take on the standing of teams from Lancashire.  Be interesting to know what others think of this and how there thoughts work in comparison to this chart.  Clearly the dingles will never be top of any chart on this forum!

In any correspondence with my old schoolmate now in New Zealand who follows That Lot from Burnley, I always use the phrase "Lancashire's Most Historic Football Club" on the grounds that we've won, among other Trophies, The Football League; the Premier League; the F.A. Cup; and the Football League Cup.

It's the breadth of our successes that make us Lancashire's Most Historic Football Club.

(To spare his blushes, I never refer to the Full Members' Cup. That's because we won it the season before That Lot came within 5 minutes of dropping out of the Football League altogether!)

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

They won't beat us. 

Unchanged side for me, lads will be well rested and up for this one.

im`e apprehensive about pne`s set piece ability,they are excellent at them,coupled with wahlstedt,who flaps like a wounded parrot,it could be a bad night,on the other hand their two centre backs  are about as mobile as an oil tanker so their should be some joy for us there

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 19:36, bluebruce said:

Interesting, I was pessimistic because of the law about appeals having to show the ref made an 'obvious mistake'. Whilst it's obvious after you see the right replay, I wouldn't say it was obvious in the moment. You might have the right angle, you might not. I watched extended highlights today and the commentator was saying Wharton couldn't have any complaints there, until he saw the second replay I believe it was.

For that reason, and the league generally sticking by their refs, I expected the appeal to be denied. Certainly the right decision has been reached though, for a change. Thankfully it didn't cost us any points.

Or, given our ownership, any money, either!

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

all the pne fans i know are mega excited by the thought of beating us,i know they`ve had **** all to celebrate for the last 60 years but getting aroused at the thought of beating blackburn is the epitome of a proper small club syndrome imo

A load of their lot this is the only home and away game they turn out for whereas our lot it's just the usual regulars.

Big knicker twisting game to them, to us ?  Nah sorry you're not Burnley or even Bolton.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

A load of their lot this is the only home and away game they turn out for whereas our lot it's just the usual regulars.

Big knicker twisting game to them, to us ?  Nah sorry you're not Burnley or even Bolton.

yep,burnley and bolton i definately do not like,i put pne in with blackpool and wigan,nuisance clubs with a yappy following

• Like 2

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e apprehensive about pne`s set piece ability,they are excellent at them,coupled with wahlstedt,who flaps like a wounded parrot,it could be a bad night,on the other hand their two centre backs  are about as mobile as an oil tanker so their should be some joy for us there

I think we'll be up for this one. Their physicality is always a problem, but we should be able to create chances of our own. 4-0 or 4-1.

8 hours ago, Songman said:

For what reason? Not a dig, I always find it interesting when players divide opinion so broadly.

He looks a class above, and importantly he looks fit. The pass for Szmodics's first goal looked simple but was the perfect pace on the ball. The volleyed pass for his second belonged at a higher level. 

He'll definitely unlock doors, the physicality might prove a problem and will no doubt be tested on Friday. Got a feeling it might be one of those where they take it in turns to foul him. 

9 minutes ago, philipl said:

Why aren't we offering the full 7,000?

The mind really does boggle!

Some clown at Ewood probably thinks they'll need to hire more match day staff and they can’t do that!

I keep saying it but it's very true, IMO, Ewood is a nous free zone.

They haven’t sold what they have been given yet after being on sale for weeks, and the game’s tomorrow, so what revenue is the club missing out on exactly?

That allocation sounds like half of the upper tier and the bottom (with netted off sections). Their Twitter account stated that ‘on the day sales to be confirmed’, so every chance they will still be able to rock up and buy one at Ewood if they do sell out today.

I slag off the commercial operation down there regularly, but don’t see the issue on this occasion.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

JRC’s long term absence is a huge blow - it can’t be overstated enough. He’s been outstanding over the past year or so. If it’s within the loan rules Buckley needs to be recalled from Sheffield Wednesday; the already thin squad is getting close to breaking point 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think that's a fairly common thought process amongst all fans playing in a local derby and the derby is local even if both clubs have bigger local rivalries  going on against other more important enemies.

If i make ask you what you get excited about that would help me to understand your thought process..

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They haven’t sold what they have been given yet after being on sale for weeks, and the game’s tomorrow, so what revenue is the club missing out on exactly?

That allocation sounds like half of the upper tier and the bottom (with netted off sections). Their Twitter account stated that ‘on the day sales to be confirmed’, so every chance they will still be able to rock up and buy one at Ewood if they do sell out today.

I slag off the commercial operation down there regularly, but don’t see the issue on this occasion.

I would have to agree with you on this one it does look like we have not sold all our allocation and if we do manage it today then it will be today and meaning that the vast majority bar one or two have had enough time to purchase a ticket.  I would believe that more fans would require more security types both police and stewards as well as catering staff.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

With JRC out for 12 weeks Im sure we will see a recall for John Buckley 1st of january for sure.

id forgotten about him. Hes not done anything of note at Sheff Weds. Cant see him coming back into the fold to be honest but maybe as a squad filler. Not sure his attitude would be that great for that role however.

We may see Szmodic drop deeper with Ennis and Siggy starting more in the meantime. Shame Siggs form has nosedived after a great start. 

Edited by benhben