BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

8 minutes ago, booth said:

Still a poor line up but at least I wouldn't have to watch Brittain phoning in his performance again.

I’ll have another go 🤔

Flowers

Kenna.             Berg.            Hendry.          Le Saux

Ripley.           Atkins.           Sherwood.      Wilcox

Shearer.        Sutton 

• Like 2

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

I’ll have another go 🤔

Flowers

Shearer.        Sutton 

Atkins over Batty?

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

You don't think the style of football hasn't anything to do with the amount of goals we've conceded this season? Why do you think our defenders make so many mistakes?

They're asked to pass out from the back all game and our gung ho football means they're run ragged every game.

It's all deja vu from under Mowbray when we were playing slow predictable possession oriented football. It's always difficult when defenders get caught out and have to run towards their own goal. Easy pass over the top and it's a chance. We didn't give away tooooo many chances in the build-up today, but a horrible watch it was.

Good night.

• Like 1

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

I’ll have another go 🤔

Flowers

Shearer.        Sutton 

Could you imagine that lot against our current side? It'd be a cricket score. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You realise that loans cost money, right? Both a loan fee and a contribution (if not all) to the player's wages?

We had to loan Buckley out to loan in Moran ffs. 

I can't see why we are bothered about FFP, we never seem to buy decent players, so how would an embargo effect us ?

30 minutes ago, BigBar said:

There comes a point were you as a manager and a man full stop say I need to change this style, it's causing us too many issues. It's simply not affective or enjoyable. The one or two moves a game that look pleasing on the eye and wow people are simply not enough.

He did that once already. Brought Trondstad in and at the time moved JRC to center mid and Hedges as winger. Sadly those options are in the training room table 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Well that was better than Huddersfield by far but still nowhere near good enough. 

Telalovic had a very good game, about the only positive for me. 

I can't see Travis playing for the club again, he'll be gone in January and I don't blame him for a minute, how the club captain can't get a game in this side is mental! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

5 more points and we would within striking distance of the playoffs.

We are 15th and 10 points clear of relegation. From the way some talk on here you would think we are in the relegation zone. 

Check the form table. Crunch game this, time to shut up shop and get some draws away and win the ones at home. JDT's approach this season is more gung-ho compared to last season. He might be too stubborn to change things around now, I don't know.

• Like 1

Did Mowbray work under the restrictions that JDT does.

In the space of 12 months he had near £13 or 14 mil to spend on Armstrong Brererton and Gallagher FFS and could sign experienced players , Johnson , downing etc 

His last couple of seasons the backing disappeared but still in the COVID season 12 players came In the door.He also got to sign the fullback with the most assists in the league in January the following year in January and could turn down the loan of Cameron Archer 

Not comparable with what JDT has had to deal with 

Id agree with some criticism of JDT but not the calling of his head I don't think he is a god and there are things he has done I don't agree with but his coaching got us 7th last season , and in parts of this season we have looked good ,the squad is stretched and we have had to play the Christmas period with a lot out ,I'd agree he should maybe change tact for now like Watford away but I don't think he warrants being sacked.He deserves a bit of backing in January and for a few players to come back 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 9

Just now, BigBar said:

Not as amusing/depressing as the great Dane and his suicide football. He's getting away with murder.

I'd love Steve Cooper here, but he won't turn Pickering and Brittain into better defenders or turn our pound shop strikers into goal machines.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’ll have another go 🤔

Flowers

Shearer.        Sutton 

Now what a team that was.

If you missed it you really did miss out.

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

I can't see Travis playing for the club again, he'll be gone in January and I don't blame him for a minute, how the club captain can't get a game in this side is mental! 

I’d be inclined to agree on the principle, but I think he’s just not met the challenge of being the captain. Probably best for everyone if we can get a good fee for him and he can try and kick on elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

5 more points and we would within striking distance of the playoffs.

We are 15th and 10 points clear of relegation. From the way some talk on here you would think we are in the relegation zone. 

If QPR maintain their improvement under new manager they could be coming to Ewood in early February within a few points. Mostof the other teams currently below us are already within 3 points. 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Did Mowbray work under the restrictions that JDT does.

In the space of 12 months he had near £13 or 14 mil to spend on Armstrong Brererton and Gallagher FFS and could sign experienced players , Johnson , downing etc 

His last couple of seasons the backing disappeared but still in the COVID season 12 players came In the door.He also got to sign the fullback with the most assists in the league in January the following year in January and could turn down the loan of Cameron Archer 

Not comparable with what JDT has had to deal with 

Id agree with some criticism of JDT but not the calling of his head I don't think he is a god and there are things he has done I don't agree with but his coaching got us 7th last season , and in parts of this season we have looked good ,the squad is stretched and we have had to play the Christmas period with a lot out ,I'd agree he should maybe change tact for now like Watford away but I don't think he warrants being sacked.He deserves a bit of backing in January and for a few players to come back 

Amen - JDT has worked miracles with this team.

Lost quality players he's not been able to replace.

But granted he should adapt the tactics to suit the team.

But his philosophy on football is the right one.

• Like 2