BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some of us believe in this squad and JDT. If you don't but no need to keep telling us all the time

deffo. He is getting back game by game

He went down in the first minute of the game holding his hamstring but carried on then went on to scored a hat trick and no offence but he was full of running even at 5-2. So no it wasn't poor game management by JDT. 

It wasn't his hamstring. He got a knee to his glutes and was running normally after a few minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Hope the nobheads who fired the firework got caught. That could have ended up being fired into the Jack walker seats for all they knew.

That was scarier than Leo going for a cross 😂.

It certainly made us jump and there was confusion for a minute or two. Was it thrown from outside?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It certainly made us jump and there was confusion for a minute or two. Was it thrown from outside?

It looked to me like it came from over the back of the Riverside. There was a plume of smoke that way for a few minutes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It looked like it was fired from the hill. There was smoke where it exploded on the pitch but also smoke from the trees behind the Riverside where I presume it was launched. It startled me and I just looked up to see sparks coming down over quite a widespread range. Looked like they might even have gone in the JW lower area from above.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

First half frustrating, SS sparing our blushes with a hat trick.

Second half much, much better and you could see the confidence returning to the players - some of the play was fantastic.

Leo did fine, his handling on a few long distance shots was solid, as was his distribution. Anyone criticising him on today's performance is reaching, at best.

Ayari also showed a few very clever touches/runs to create a couple of chances.

Shame it was a small crowd, a very enjoyable game overall - minus the firework thing at HT, which somehow nobody was injured by.
It wasn't just a firework, it was a heavy duty explosive type.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He went down in the first minute of the game holding his hamstring but carried on then went on to scored a hat trick and no offence but he was full of running even at 5-2. So no it wasn't poor game management by JDT. 

Completing most of the game still running doesn't mean he hasn't injured himself. Adrenaline is powerful, and Sammie clearly has a lot of it. There are loads of examples of players completing a game then turning out to have injured themselves. The longer a player stays on with an injury, the worse the injury generally gets.

If it turns out Szmodics has indeed picked up an injury, will you revise the statement in bold?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

In Telalovic defence, the Cambridge lads were putting some excellent blocks in and every shot Telalovic hit got blocked. Even the neutral commentator said so at one point.

I think too many of our players try to keep the ball low when they shoot, but if they hit it higher by putting their laces through the ball a low block would not work. 

Edited by roversinmyblood
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Completing most of the game still running doesn't mean he hasn't injured himself. Adrenaline is powerful, and Sammie clearly has a lot of it. There are loads of examples of players completing a game then turning out to have injured themselves. The longer a player stays on with an injury, the worse the injury generally gets.

If it turns out Szmodics has indeed picked up an injury, will you revise the statement in bold?

If you read @arbitropost it appears it wasn't a Hamstring injury or anything

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you read @arbitropost it appears it wasn't a Hamstring injury or anything

I never said it was. I never even said the word 'hamstring'. It remains to be seen whether he is injured or not, so I repeat, will you agree it was bad management if it turns out it did result in or worsen an injury to our talisman when we were already basically victorious?

I still like JDT, but I'd have to say it definitely would be.

32 minutes ago, Andy said:

Leo did fine, his handling on a few long distance shots was solid, as was his distribution. Anyone criticising him on today's performance is reaching, at best.

He should have been reaching a bit more for the second goal, the first I'll let him off although there's keepers that save it. Granted, defence was shocking for both.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Disappointed JDT took Telalovic off at half time cos he had 2 decent opportunities to score today. Felt he would score inn the second half. 

Looks like he could play until Christmas and still not score. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I never said it was. I never even said the word 'hamstring'. It remains to be seen whether he is injured or not, so I repeat, will you agree it was bad management if it turns out it did result in or worsen an injury to our talisman when we were already basically victorious?

I still like JDT, but I'd have to say it definitely would be.

Szmodics massages his own legs constantly all game, every game,  whilst doing his short pulling. Each to their own, he could have a tug at the halfway line if he keeps scoring for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Agreed , it like people have forgotten he led us to our best finish in the table since relegation last season and for parts of this season sat in the top 10 and not far away from the playoffs at all.Even though we finished 7th in the championship last season his tactics will never work in this league apparently 

Even weirder the most critical toward JDT are the ones who say our squad is shit and predicted relegation/relegation battle before the season started.

Even have posters now saying he can't complain about the lack of experience as he gave the ok for Travis moving out, disregarding Travis asked to leave and he isn't as good as A Wharton and Tronstad.

Agree, he deserves a proper chance but he’ll never get that under Venkys unfortunately, and it’s grim to see the lack of backing he’s had from the rest of the muppets in Ewood/India

Add to the above some proper cup runs and the closest we’ve got to Wembley since the morons turned up 

image.thumb.jpeg.b272598f6ee8d7f1998722dd1eafef36.jpeg

Ventured into the BBE today from my usual ST seat in the JW lower.

Too much shouting/chanting and not enough tutting for my liking…never again 😉

Good win for the blues, onto the next round 😅

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b272598f6ee8d7f1998722dd1eafef36.jpeg

Ventured into the BBE today from my usual ST seat in the JW lower.

Too much shouting/chanting and not enough tutting for my liking…never again 😉

Good win for the blues, onto the next round 😅

Be honest, it was all the funny looks you got when you whipped out the flask and tartan blanket.

• Like 4

Just now, Upside Down said:

Be honest, it was all the funny looks you got when you whipped out the flask and tartan blanket.

To be honest, I starting knitting when we went 2-1 down.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Szmodics 27 games 19 goals! Think he can reach 30 this season! Better than Armstrong and Breretons been.

In his last season for Peterborough he scored 15 goals. 

Good signing by Gregg and excellent development by JDT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ianrally said:

There’s some really half hearted challenges going in, half of the players seem to tackle with a feather duster. 

If you tackle with anything stronger than a feather duster you'll get a yellow card thanks to the morons who run the game (unless it's a female ref......they seem to let a lot go, thank goodness)

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Less than Wimbledon's gate. Electronic ticketing? F.O. Waggott!