BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Pears, Dolan, Gallagher and JRC back is huge for us. We'll be a lot better I am sure. Just need no more injuries.

I too am happy to have them back. Jon Champion and Stuart Robson were commentating for ESPN. They were both raving about Gallagher. Dolan looked bright - but he could spend the next game running down blind alleys such is his inconsistency.

It turned into a very easy win. You can only beat what's in front of you and Rovers did exactly that. 

I'd have taken Szmodics off as soon as the 4th went in. 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Be fair, it's hard to do arithmetic when you're balls deep in a sheep.

The commentators were quite strange throughout (Gallagher/Kane comparison) but my lol moment was when the fella described Szmodics “you could sense his frustration as he jumped into the air like a newborn lamb” 🤔 only in Wales….

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Would've liked to have seen Gilensen tonight 

Think he's so far off the first eleven currently that there's no point. Can imagine he can be a bit lazy in training, judging by his demeanour. 

Sigurdsson looks poor, not cutting edge there and just a passenger at the moment. Tronstad and Szmodics a class above everyone else on the pitch. JRC took it easy and still played well, S. Wharton and Hyam looked very solid too.

Garrett unlucky for their goal but was fairly good I though. Still young and sometimes a bit poorly positioned, just like A. Wharton at times whenever he plays. Dolan busy and good to get him going, Moran busy too and is deceivingly quick, but missing some finesse and goal threat. 

Gallagher didn't look particularly happy when he scored but clapped when he was subbed off. Good game from him. Can't see who Ayari is supposed to replace from the little I've seen versus Sparta Prague and tonight agains Wrexham.

Overall good game and one where it looked like we wanted to make a statement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Moran was the player with most completed passes in percent and most passes.

Would matter if he was centre midfield. He doesn't offer anything out wide. 

• Like 1

Forgot Dolan......he played well back from injury hopefully he stays that way and scores some goals....seems our flourish attacks were back tonight even it was a league two side.....look at Maidstone....caused Ipswich problems along with Newport.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have to say that BBC commentary team is the worst bit of commentary I've heard, extremely biased and not knowledgeable at all.

I didn't hear it but I've heard some incredibly biased club commentary on ifollow before (yes on dodgy streams). One really stood out, but I can't remember who...but I strongly want to say it was Swansea or Cardiff, I'm sure it was another Welsh voice I was hearing. I think there might be a bit of extra pride and bias when they play English teams maybe?

6 minutes ago, Adam C said:

The commentators were quite strange throughout (Gallagher/Kane comparison) but my lol moment was when the fella described Szmodics “you could sense his frustration as he jumped into the air like a newborn lamb” 🤔 only in Wales….

IMG_1556.thumb.png.01ff2c9356f92171800fa62b453a9ce7.png

I see no resemblance whatsoever. BBC wales loons in that commentary box. 

• Like 3

Wrexham prove that with just a little bit of marketing to make a club seems cool, even a shite side like that can sell kits, generate sponsorships and sell tickets. Do you know how much more drama and interest there would be if there was a documentary following the shot show that’s BRFC?   

• Like 4

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, J*B said:

JRC is my favourite player at the moment. He’s superb. 

Ditto. Skill and hard work. Aggressive too, and not in a chickenshit way like Trav.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

Straightforward, comfortable win against poor opposition. Once we got past that initial 20 minutes they were never in it.

We were 1-0 down until 32 minutes, so I can't agree with that. As well as having witnessed that after they scored we were awful until about a minute before we equalised. In fact we were on top for most of the first 20 minutes, it was between 20-30 that we were shite. After that they were never in it.

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Wrexham prove that with just a little bit of marketing to make a club seems cool, even a shite side like that can sell kits, generate sponsorships and sell tickets. Do you know how much more drama and interest there would be if there was a documentary following the shot show that’s BRFC?   

You could certainly make a long running podcast series on it.

• Like 1

Wrexham's manager seemed a bit deluded. He forgot that Garrett (I think) and Pears helped them to a soft goal.

"Then we could have scored two more before they scored..."

We could have had two before Wrexham scored 🤷‍♂️

If we had a better bench we'd have scored more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Agreed....Venkys could had used Rovers better in India as it has the biggest population in the World.....poor business there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Moran, siggy, Garrett no where near the necessary level even v non league/division 4 oppo.

Garrett had a bad game, but he's definitely at or near the necessary level for me. You know he's actually our joint third top scorer despite barely playing and being a midfielder? He still has some learning to do but he's a decent player with room to grow. When it clicks for him he'll be very decent at this level.

But yeh he was off the boil today. Poor, totally at fault for the Wrexham goal. Still put himself about though and had an important role in our equaliser.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4