BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

34 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Can I add - we made Stoke look bad. We let them have the ball and defended our box. 

We did the same at their place iirc. They’re really quite toothless.

Can see them being one of the ones caught up, they’ve already played the “change the manager” card to little effect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jwlrovers said:

Telalovic looked odd to me today, like he was injured or drugged. He usually gets about and puts a shift in, but he looked really lethargic and not up for it today.

I don't think he is any good at all...

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes it’s clear the players weren’t listening  to Tomasson any more and he had lost the dressing room to use a well known phrase. Another good result against Birmingham and we will have had a new manager bounce to use another

Dunno about that, they were still following his tactics to a tee. People wouldn't be commenting on the difference today otherwise. They looked low on confidence though, as you do with 1 win in 11.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As usual, we win when we protest. It NEVER affects the players, but if it does we tend to win.

Well then, until further notice, all chanting should be about Venkys & their 2 punks (Shaikh & Waggott) leaving.

• Like 5

Forgot what it feels like to win at home. It feels good!!!

Today showed exactly why JdT needed to go, they throw most of his ideas in the bin and we could have been 5-6 by half time. 

They dug in the second half and made some fantastic clearances. Good to see Eustace take charge when it started to go stokes way as well making subs and urging them on.

”How shit must you be, we’re winning at home” 😂

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fantastic result! McFadz made a huge difference…was constantly talking and seemed to be in the right place.

There will be a reason why Coventry dropped him months ago but I didn't see it today. 

He had the exact qualities that we've been lacking. He's a proper organiser. That left hand side of the back 5 is pretty shaky defensively on paper but he was organising and talking the whole game. It stood out a mile as we haven't had that since ayala left in the summer. It looks like we will play with a back 5 and sit back more with a deeper line and look to play on the break a bit more which shouldn't expose him much.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

There will be a reason why Coventry dropped him months ago but I didn't see it today. 

He had the exact qualities that we've been lacking. He's a proper organiser. That left hand side of the back 5 is pretty shaky defensively on paper but he was organising and talking the whole game. It stood out a mile as we haven't had that since ayala left in the summer. It looks like we will play with a back 5 and sit back more with a deeper line and look to play on the break a bit more which shouldn't expose him much.

Imagine if the owners hadn't put a stop to the Danny Batth transfer in summer. We might not have been so shit at the back all year.

• Like 9

The king is dead. Long live the king!

Thought despite a few good individual performances we didn't look that great as a team - a lot of loose passes and space for Stoke to play but understandable given the change in coaching and tactics.

Shout outs for Brittain's first half performance, the new CB, Chrisene and Dolan.

The obvious biggest changes were binning off the short goal kicks and a willingness to cross the ball but I though as a team we looked so much bigger.

In the end, a great result. Something to build on and I'm a lot more confident there are at least 3 teams that will finish below us come May.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Imagine if the owners hadn't put a stop to the Danny Batth transfer in summer. We might not have been so shit at the back all year.

This is a fair point - JDT wanted that experienced Batth/McFadzean type at the back and had been very vocal about it.

As much as I enjoyed the win today, you still know what lies ahead for us, as long as the Raos are involved.

Will give some (more) credit to Pears, thought he was generally good and the penalty save was excellent.
He's come back from injury looking a lot better than before it.

• Like 9

Wot, no yellow cards? Surely shome mistake?

a while back I posted that about this time last year I went away for 3 weeks and we won all 5 games we played including the cup game at Leicester.

I went away again on Wednesday for a similar period and we win again. I’m away until 2nd March, just back an hour before the Swansea game. If anyone wants to country to a find to keep me away feel free.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Forgot what it feels like to win at home. It feels good!!!

Today showed exactly why JdT needed to go, they throw most of his ideas in the bin and we could have been 5-6 by half time. 

They dug in the second half and made some fantastic clearances. Good to see Eustace take charge when it started to go stokes way as well making subs and urging them on.

”How shit must you be, we’re winning at home” 😂

Pragmatically, for the level we are likely to be at and with the shitshow above the manager, you are probably correct. It will keep us at this level or below for ever.

JDT offered a glimpse of something better and with the correct backing and a functional club could have achieved it.

We will never go up with this kind of pragmatism and if we did would be a laughing stock. JDT's brand would not have been a laughing stock at a higher level.

• Like 9