BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Luton with Edwards? Burnley with Dyche? Bolton and West Ham with Allardyce? Stoke with Pulis? Wigan with Jewell?

I perhaps overstated the matter for effect. I'd ignore Stoke with Pulis and Wigan. Dyche is different and would agree but his sides can play too cf Everton, certainly not just a lump it style. A pragmatic combination of style. JDT improved all those players and you could still see it in doses -just smaller doses 😉 And game management of course once 2 ahead, long goalkicks for most of second half, 3 at the back all the time marshalled by a good pro. Needs must.

• Like 1

Incidentally, we don't score that 2nd (?) goal without Hedges at the back post for the knock down. For that matter, we wouldn't have crossed the ball early in the first place with no Gallagher either (ie for a lot of games this season.) Would have been recycled in the  er, Barcelona style but you can see logic under JDT without target men to cross to.

I think my posts were more about the glee (understandable I guess) that lumping it might be some kind of panacea  and a deflection from other shenanigans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A bit of entertainment and it's worth watching to see our goals from a different angle.

That pass from Brittain to Dolan was something else.

Bits of the crowd are hilarious, it would show SWAG what booing at players is really like.

Burger is extremely brave or mad.

Rovers, under Waggott, banned our fans from videoing matches at Ewood a few years ago, is that still the case

Absolutely brilliant watch & listen. That lad has a future!

We needed that.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KentExile said:

Its what other clubs have been doing to us for the past 2 months.

The annoying thing is JDT has shown in the past (first half of last season and notably against Watford at the start of this season) that he is able to be pragmatic.  I just think he was unwilling to do so for the past few months as he was disillusioned with the job

Yes indeed.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On another subject I thought the substitutions made much more sense yesterday.

Did they? Looks like they were exactly the same apart from Hedges and Brittain were fit 

Having to bring on telalovic, garrett, moran shows that we have no real quality on the bench

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Did they? Looks like they were exactly the same apart from Hedges and Brittain were fit 

Having to bring on telalovic, garrett, moran shows that we have no real quality on the bench

At least they were like for like. Wether they are good enough is another story.

• Like 3

Smashing start to Johns tenure,which I think Damian Johnson & David Lowe deserve some credit for.

The direct style is so refreshing but once other teams have worked this out we will need a plan B.

Early days but hoofball rather than playing out from the back should decrease the number of goals conceded(in the very best Sean Dyche traditions). Sometimes simple things work!!

• Like 1

Completely off topic, but whilst we are talking about nats piss, does anyone know if you can normally get a pint pre-game at Deepdale. Last year it was no alcohol, but it may have been with being a Saturday night. I’m sure previously that’s not been the case.

You have to feel for the Stoke lad who made that video. There was a group of us at the recent West Brom away match saying exactly the same as Rovers imploded in the first half. It's hard watching your club being badly managed and the players not seeming to care less

I'm glad Tomasson has departed. Change was sorely needed and was too long coming. Tomasson was actively damaging the club in leading us into a relegation fight and if he'd been honest with himself he should have resigned and walked away long ago. 

Early days, but we seem to have a hands-on pragmatic manager who appears to know how to get the best out of an under-performing set of players. Birmingham next and I'm actually looking forward to going, which I haven't been able to say for a long time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I've never been the same since, and it was 54 years ago

Horrible

Yes, how different might history have been if Bobby Charlton had jogged over to the touch line and said ...     " Nah, I'm fine Alf, fresh as a daisy ! " 

Really pleased for you lot, by the way .. a great way to end a week during which the owners and managers of  your great Club have done their best to make it the laughing stock of English Football ... 🙄 

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, pick32 said:

How did Connor O’Riodan play 

well. Looks to have something about him. Big lad with some pace/athleticism about him. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On another subject I thought the substitutions made much more sense yesterday.

agreed there. Garrett for JRC. O'Riordan for Hedges with him playing CB and Moving Chrisene into the left wing back role where Hedges were playing. Then changing the front 3 with like for like players

56 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Smashing start to Johns tenure,which I think Damian Johnson & David Lowe deserve some credit for.

The direct style is so refreshing but once other teams have worked this out we will need a plan B.

Early days but hoofball rather than playing out from the back should decrease the number of goals conceded(in the very best Sean Dyche traditions). Sometimes simple things work!!

We didn't played Hoofball but if anything, less risk approach football, more pragmatic approach. It also confused Stoke who didn't expect this approach from us,  

• Like 1

Tomasson wasnt doing anything wrong in sticking to the passing out from the back and sticking to his principles. Thats how we should be playing, apparently. Yet a few days later, the new totally different style suited us (not hoofball, although the third yesterday is as much hoofball as youll ever find) and the subs made much more sense.

The king is dead, long live the king.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Steady on,sympathetic clar !

Whilst the Dingles outclassed us last season with more money spent and a better squad Vincent looks this season to have the motivational skills of a sleepy sloth! 

No passion and not too much interest. Like a latter day JDT.

No, I think VK and the Directors are following the plan ... instead of buying maybe 3 " oven ready " EPL players for c.£70m, we've gone for 10 or so £3-6m younger players keen to develop and learn under Kompany. It was always meant to be a 4-5 year project, and we exceeded expectation last season. It's one of the reasons that VK's position is secure, most of these players would not have come to Turf Moor without his presence ... if he was sacked, any new manager would have a major issue on his hands, simply by not being Vincent Kompany ...

We're definitely improved, but it won't be enough to stay up. I'm still not sure he knows his best team yet, and the major criticism I'm hearing is persevering with Trafford in goal, rather than recalling Muric ...