BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

2 hours ago, 47er said:

When we were on a good run last season we routinely had less possession than our opponents and the converse is true too, when we had more we lost!

Possession is vastly over-rated, it what you do with it that counts.

I totally agree, putting the onion in the onion bag has always been what football is about. Get the ball to where you know you can hurt the opposition rather than pretty triangles out wide which invariably fail.

Pears looked like a keeper today and one reason is he can kick it a bloody long way.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely - Waggott & Suhail vs GB and JDT.

When you look at the course of the last few weeks. Everything has gone Waggott way.

McFadz, Fleck and Eustace are Swags guys. Ergo the writing is on the wall for Gregg and Swag has fortified his position!

The one shred of hope I have is that everything I’ve read about the recent Coventry jolly boys reunion is that their character is not in doubt. 

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

From reading comments from the Cov fans, McFadz stopped being picked when they switched from 3cbs to a flat 4.

Hes exactly what we need as far as I can see!

I thought he was one of Swags boys?

😉

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Luton with Edwards? Burnley with Dyche? Bolton and West Ham with Allardyce? Stoke with Pulis? Wigan with Jewell?

And, hopefully, Rovers with Eustace.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Johnson said there was an element of letting Stoke come at us. Today saw us play simply, directly, and without nonsense. It paid dividends.

Its what other clubs have been doing to us for the past 2 months.

The annoying thing is JDT has shown in the past (first half of last season and notably against Watford at the start of this season) that he is able to be pragmatic.  I just think he was unwilling to do so for the past few months as he was disillusioned with the job

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s defo a Swag purchase…but that doesn’t mean he isn’t EXACTLY what that team needed. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I am still am not sure why you think that? 

Swag left Coventry 4 years before McFadzean arrived there, and it is very evident from Rovers social media videos that Broughton is still very much in place.

Genuinely interested if they are fishing buddies, or that they were once in the scouts together, or that there is something to link them, in even the slightest way?

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And a word for the fans who got behind the team but still sang anti Waggott and Venky songs.

Supporters were excellent today. I can't attend the games, but I watched and heard you all. The players responded. Worked wonders, and was brilliant to hear. Superb stuff from everyone who makes the effort to get to Ewood. 👏

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

An incredible week in the life of a Rovers fan at least had a happy ending. I was really pleased to see Hedges on the team sheet as I think he brings a lot to the team and, after being out for so long shows how highly he is rated as he was straight back in the. There looked to be a better balance to the team which have me some hope. Racing into a three goal lead was beyond my wildest dreams but conceding a sloppy goal took the edge off a decent performance. I noticed Stoke were out early for the second half and they clearly had been roasted as they got on the front foot and had a period of dominance which worried me. The penalty have them a real opportunity to get something from the game as I believe had they scored we might have capitulated. Well done to Pears not just for the save but for pushing it out wide too. I was still worried though as we had several tired looking players but in fairness the changes we made our a bit of energy back for us and we finished strong playing the break and could have sneaked couple more goals. Hedges, Chrisene and McFazdean were the pick of the bunch for me. We did adopt a different style of play at times and our set plays were better I thought.

Interestingly Eustace appeared in the technical area after about an hour and I thought was quite vocal and animated. He had his coat on for a few minutes but soon dispensed with that and was actually in his short sleeves. Shades of Brian Kidd but hopefully that's were the comparison stops.

It was really good to walk off with that winning feeling and for me showing something different in the new managers first game. And a word for the fans who got behind the team but still sang anti Waggott and Venky songs. And to the lads who paraded a Waggott Out banner the JW Lower well done.

Hedges got up well to put the ball back into the mixer for Sammi’s goal. For those of a certain age it reminded me of England v West Germany in the 1970 World Cup. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I am still am not sure why you think that? 

Swag left Coventry 4 years before McFadzean arrived there, and it is very evident from Rovers social media videos that Broughton is still very much in place.

Genuinely interested if they are fishing buddies, or that they were once in the scouts together, or that there is something to link them, in even the slightest way?

Just a hunch..but put it this way, they weren’t Gregg’s or JDT’s signings and I’d put my mortgage on them never being on our shiny new scouting teams list either.

I will go one further and say, knowing JDT was going a couple of weeks ago, Swag spoke to Eustace about taking the job and HE chose McFadz and Fleck. Conspiracy theory or not, this happens in businesses everyday. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just a hunch..but put it this way, they weren’t Gregg’s or JDT’s signings and I’d put my mortgage on them never being on our shiny new scouting teams list either.

I will go one further and say, knowing JDT was going a couple of weeks ago, Swag spoke to Eustace about taking the job and HE chose McFadz and Fleck. Conspiracy theory or not, this happens in businesses everyday. 

Yeh this is all viable. 

they probably had to wait for the Wharton sale so they could actually fund the compensation for JDT

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

JDT had asked for more experience, which Fleck and McFadzean do provide

Eustace left Coventry 10 years before Swag arrived there, so not sure where you think the link between those 2 may may be?

Broughton is still in place (as shown from Rovers social media videos today), so why wouldn't he have brought these people in?  Since this is the job he is (still) paid to do?

So if there is any theory, then surely it is that Broughton brought all three of these?  Even if he was well aware that JDT was off

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

glad we`ve ditched the playing out from the back,it never worked,no coincidence that hyam looked a lot more solid today

telalovic is unfortunately a non league player and it shows,nothing against the lad,but this level is beyond him,the game is to quick for him thought  wise

I think that’s nail on the head there. He has something but his speed of thought and speed he processes the game is miles off the rest of the team. 

• Backroom

I think it’s half-right. I believe the club (via Broughton) have known a while that Eustace would be their man to replace JDT.

Having made the decision to sell Adam Wharton (this could’ve been the night of the Wrexham game, judging by Adam’s comments), JDT may have decided to leave and the club therefore consulted Eustace.

I believe (as GB has harped on about contingency planning) GB may have consulted and obtained approval from both men for the signings of Fadz, Fleck, and McGuire. The failure to sign McGuire will have annoyed both men, but without employment, Eustace was still keen on the job.

Not the truth, just how I believe it has happened.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think it’s half-right. I believe the club (via Broughton) have known a while that Eustace would be their man to replace JDT.

Having made the decision to sell Adam Wharton (this could’ve been the night of the Wrexham game, judging by Adam’s comments), JDT may have decided to leave and the club therefore consulted Eustace.

I believe (as GB has harped on about contingency planning) GB may have consulted and obtained approval from both men for the signings of Fadz, Fleck, and McGuire. The failure to sign McGuire will have annoyed both men, but without employment, Eustace was still keen on the job.

Not the truth, just how I believe it has happened.

All seem to be a reasonable and sensible set of assessments/guesses

Edited by KentExile

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hedges got up well to put the ball back into the mixer for Sammi’s goal. For those of a certain age it reminded me of England v West Germany in the 1970 World Cup. 

Lohr as Hedges and Der Bombers right foot as Smoz forehead.

Hurts to this day, especially Seller's goal.

Don't mention the bloody keeper and diving over the ball.

49 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

those moaners in the riverside will soon be on eustace case,"it`s like bloody watching allardyce ****" will be the familiar cry😆

We Riversiders are amongst the most knowledgable Rovers supporters inside Ewood. We only”moan”, along with the majority of the crowd, when the football served up is blatantly below the standard we know Is achievable. I don’t recall hearing anyone moaning today and as long as the fare served up today continues, you won’t hear any dissent from our side of the ground. By the way Simon, which totally satisfied with everything part of the ground do you sit?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He out jumped Sir Keith but the German guy had only just come on, Keith had been playing in the baking heat for two hours.

My mum could have kept the first one out. Peter Bonetti went to pieces after that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've never been the same since, and it was 54 years ago

Horrible

• Like 2