BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JFHC it's not all I ask for from a centre forward - his job is to score goals!

And if even the coach thinks two more goals from him in the final 15 games is the most we can expect (and even that may be too much of an ask) then we really are fucked. But then we knew that at the start of the season going into it with him as main striker. The chickens are coming home to roost.

BTW I remember Souness referring to Martin Taylor (who I really rated) as "son in law material".

Only Souness wasn't being complimentary.

Didnt he also say it about Jansen?

• Like 1

Very disillusioned with this appointment. He has nailed his colours to the mast with the no excuse culture nonsense. This suggests that he won't ever publicly say anything about what's going on above him and that he only wants to focus on matters on the pitch. Which is exactly what that lot want.

Is it a coincidence that the past week has seen an increasing number of Rovers fans suggesting that JDT was a big whinger who needed to go? I don't like how valid criticisms and issues raised by JDT are now being passed off as 'whinging' and 'excuses' by some. Those fans don't realise that they are playing right into the hands of these clowns.

JDT truly felt like one of us, to me. Somebody who understood us, who was on our wavelength and who spoke up for us. That's before mentioning his ambition for the club. Him leaving is a big blow. The new man is one of them, a perfect pick for them, chosen by a bastard who was bricking it at the fact there were chants against him, and that makes him not the manager for me.

At a time when the pressure was ramping up on the car salesman, he brings in a friendly face to try and quieten the unrest. Looking at the owners, transfer issues and so on is excuse making now, is it?

All of this PR fluff about Gallagher too. Please. It doesn't take much to work out who might be behind this. The same as always.

People may disagree and say it's too early etc and that's fine, it's all about opinions, but this is my take on it. I won't keep on repeating it so as not to annoy those who want to give him time and for those who don't want to see it posted over and over, so I will just say it the once here. I am firmly Eustace out.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Very disillusioned with this appointment. He has nailed his colours to the mast with the no excuse culture nonsense. This suggests that he won't ever publicly say anything about what's going on above him and that he only wants to focus on matters on the pitch. Which is exactly what that lot want.

Is it a coincidence that the past week has seen an increasing number of Rovers fans suggesting that JDT was a big whinger who needed to go? I don't like how valid criticisms and issues raised by JDT are now being passed off as 'whinging' and 'excuses' by some. Those fans don't realise that they are playing right into the hands of these clowns.

JDT truly felt like one of us, to me. Somebody who understood us, who was on our wavelength and who spoke up for us. That's before mentioning his ambition for the club. Him leaving is a big blow. The new man is one of them, a perfect pick for them, chosen by a bastard who was bricking it at the fact there were chants against him, and that makes him not the manager for me.

At a time when the pressure was ramping up on the car salesman, he brings in a friendly face to try and quieten the unrest. Looking at the owners, transfer issues and so on is excuse making now, is it?

All of this PR fluff about Gallagher too. Please. It doesn't take much to work out who might be behind this. The same as always.

People may disagree and say it's too early etc and that's fine, it's all about opinions, but this is my take on it. I won't keep on repeating it so as not to annoy those who want to give him time and for those who don't want to see it posted over and over, so I will just say it the once here. I am firmly Eustace out.

Spot on mate

• Like 4

I don’t disagree with the sentiment about those that appointed him and I can’t say I find the bloke particularly inspiring in interviews.

But ‘out’? You’re a sensible poster, SuperBrfc, you know the next bloke will be appointed on similar terms too, they’ll never have a free spirit like JDT in the place again, so let’s hope the first company man they employ gets it right as there will be plenty more where he came from on the carousel.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Feck me, was Gallagher auditioning for a son in law role!?

An absurd comment.

Think Cloughie would have said he wanted his c/f to be a hard, aggressive b@stard who terrifies the opposition and scores feckin goals! 

Sacked by Leeds and got Forrest relegated.....

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe look at his full comments instead of just picking up a couple of words of it guys. 

"You can see how important he is for us. He’s a gentleman, a leader and his demeanour is top drawer.

“He’s a massive player for us and we’re very lucky to have him. He’s a dangerous player wherever he plays in the frontline.

“He can look after the ball and just having someone of his stature on the pitch is something that can really help the group.

“This is our fourth or fifth day now and he’s been training and playing with a real buzz at the moment and with a smile on his face.

“We hope he can score a couple more goals but as long as his performances are there and he’s helping the team, that’s all I ask for.

“It’s great that he’s back, he’s fit and he’s firing

That doesn’t do Eustace any favours. Not all fans are stupid. 

19 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

give your head a wobble,won the league at derby and the league with forest,plus numerous league cups,two european cups,in succesive years all with smaller,provincial clubs,the best english manager ever imo

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

give your head a wobble,won the league at derby and the league with forest,plus numerous league cups,two european cups,in succesive years all with smaller,provincial clubs,the best english manager ever imo

I'd assume it was a joke.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Aye, the man was a clown:

• 2 European Cup Wins (now Champions' League)
  • 2 First Division Titles (now Premier League) with different clubs
  • A handful of League Cup Wins
  • Numerous other trophies 
Edited by Mercer

Argh come on, give the guy a break.

He’s into a new job, post January window and he needs another 4 wins in 15 from a group who had won 1 in 11 prior to him turning up. He doesn’t have a great chance to coach them or change anything in terms of style.

This gig, until the summer is 100% man management. It’s ensuring that every single player is having you and is dialled in.

From a media point of view, he’s being asked the same questions over and over and answering them the same, because the only thing he can do, with games coming every Saturday and Tuesday is bring the group together and send them out to war. I don’t expect we’ll see anything in terms of style of play until next season.

On a side note, weirdly I have a lot of family connections in Birmingham and they’re never shy of chatting shit about Rovers vs their beloved blues and to a man, they love Eustace - “brilliant man manager, tactically sound, we scored goals and kept them out”. Every single one of them want him back and two of them are tipping him to get us promoted next season!!!

So let’s not write him off yet.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh come on, give the guy a break.

He’s into a new job, post January window and he needs another 4 wins in 15 from a group who had won 1 in 11 prior to him turning up. He doesn’t have a great chance to coach them or change anything in terms of style.

This gig, until the summer is 100% man management. It’s ensuring that every single player is having you and is dialled in.

From a media point of view, he’s being asked the same questions over and over and answering them the same, because the only thing he can do, with games coming every Saturday and Tuesday is bring the group together and send them out to war. I don’t expect we’ll see anything in terms of style of play until next season.

On a side note, weirdly I have a lot of family connections in Birmingham and they’re never shy of chatting shit about Rovers vs their beloved blues and to a man, they love Eustace - “brilliant man manager, tactically sound, we scored goals and kept them out”. Every single one of them want him back and two of them are tipping him to get us promoted next season!!!

So let’s not write him off yet.

Absolutely impossible to judge him yet.

Will have to wait and see how he gets on.

Like JDT it might be impossible to properly judge just how good he actually is as he might also end up having the rug continually pulled out from under his feet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

During his 18 years as manager (with Peter Taylor as his assistant until 1982) he led Forest from 6th from the bottom of Division Two (January 1975) to winning the First Division Championship in 1978, followed by two consecutive European Cup wins in 1979 and 1980 and four League Cup victories

Edited by yoda

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

.On a side note, weirdly I have a lot of family connections in Birmingham and they’re never shy of chatting shit about Rovers vs their beloved blues and to a man, they love Eustace - “brilliant man manager, tactically sound, we scored goals and kept them out”. Every single one of them want him back and two of them are tipping him to get us promoted next season!!!

Your friends must all be full of hyperbole.

Didn't one of them say that we were playing the best football he had ever seen after a 3-1 defeat to Watford during covid?!

People need to get behind Eustace and the team. We need points. He is the best appointment we could have gone. Anyway who wanted him already is baffling. It would be interesting to see who these people would have appointed. 

11 hours ago, den said:

That doesn’t do Eustace any favours. Not all fans are stupid. 

Give over Den. Stop over reading into it

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

How do you know he’s the best appointment we could’ve got?

Look at the possible options out there and you tell me who was available we could have then Matty? I await your response. 

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A bit like claiming Venkys are the best owners we could ask for.

Technically that could be correct, but in all probability not the case and far better alternatives out there.

Yes there is possible better alternatives right now but where were these better alternatives when the club was for sale? 

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Aye, the man was a clown:

• 2 European Cup Wins (now Champions' League)
  • 2 First Division Titles (now Premier League) with different clubs
  • A handful of League Cup Wins
  • Numerous other trophies 

A joke of course, but also worth remembering that our heroes make mistakes, including Jack who appointed Brian Kidd and got us relegated.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve no idea Chaddy I don't work in the game, just like you.

I don’t recall JDT being on your shortlist…

Just like I thought so. No answer. no possible options name. Only a few weeks, Mercer ask me who would be my shortlist to replace JDT and I gave him 3 realistically options who we could appoint. Eustace was on that list https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36778-v-west-bromwich-albion-a-13124/?do=findComment&comment=2546680

didn't even know JDT was even a manager until we approach him