BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Just now, Hannoverover said:

This team has some serious problems. Play attractive possession football, concende 3 goals a game. Play hard man percentage football, concede 2 goals in 45mins.

Also sad that we seem to have replayed our more technically gifted academy players for older journeymen bruisers. Only seen 45 mins of this new era so maybe I'm being a little harsh.

That's my biggest issue so far, no matter how we play, we concede.

The players need to take some responsibility. 

In a way, they're the ones who've come off worse in this fan, Waggott, player meeting if as mentioned, the vast majority of players lost confidence in JDT.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Why did Hedges clear that for a corner btw, 

Because he’s not comfortable on the left side but we have recently insisted on playing him there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

This team has some serious problems. Play attractive possession football, concende 3 goals a game. Play hard man percentage football, concede 2 goals in 45mins.

Also sad that we seem to have replayed our more technically gifted academy players for older journeymen bruisers. Only seen 45 mins of this new era so maybe I'm being a little harsh.

If £20 million isn’t spent on players this summer, we will be the worst side in the championship next year. And it won’t be close. 

• Like 5

Just now, TugaysMarlboro said:

In a way, they're the ones who've come off worse in this fan, Waggott, player meeting if as mentioned, the vast majority of players lost confidence in JDT.

Easier than admitting that you are a crap player that needs to try harder.

• Like 1

So that was 45 + extra time of football and I just feel deflated. Told my girlfriend at 2-0 up that we only need to score 3 more to win. Thank god for beer! 

Now get your heads together and start playing and defending as a team. Those final 20 mins were awful….again. Show us you’re better than this. Stop trying to mimick our hapless owners on the pitch. Get your shit together and stop sulking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Warren Lucy has said it right: “avoidable.”

Definitely masters of our own fate here, which I hope is highlighted at half time. A great start stymied by a loss of composure/lack of concentration at set pieces. Some kind of mentality issue there, we just fall apart. A real shame considering the defending had been stout in open play.

Every chance that we can come back out and hurt them early again, but we need the composure to be there.

Generally good performances, although more attacking players have been the weak point in defensive situations. Garrett looking slightly peripheral, but not unreasonable being subbed on that early. Difficult to be fully in the mindset for this kind of game.

Better than Tuesday, but more needed.

💯 

Frustrating as I think we were very impressive in the first half hour and looked good going forward. I agree that it has to be a mental issue but I’m encouraged at the performance today compared to the abomination vs Birmingham. 

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

How have we gone from a decent passing team to a bunch of aimless cloggers? Less passing shouldn't mean shit passing.

Cos we've changed tactics and without A. Wharton sat in midfield nobody wants to take responsibility. 

The CBs are just happy lumping it forward to Gallagher and hoping for a flick on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

If Leo concedes that 2nd goal (an own goal, no less), everyone loses their shit.

We are just too easy to play against.

Pears has made 3 saves, If Leo was playing we would be losing 5-2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just noticed Fleck lasted a grand total of 17 minutes.

What a fucking joke. Stoke saw Broughton  coming with that one.

Blades... But yeah he reminded me of my return to 5aside at 40 

Edited by Tricky

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just noticed Fleck lasted a grand total of 17 minutes.

What a fucking joke. Stoke saw Broughton  coming with that one.

Sheffield Utd - but just a glance at one of their fan forums would have told anyone who can read, he's an absolute wreck.

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

If £20 million isn’t spent on players this summer, we will be the worst side in the championship next year. And it won’t be close. 

If you sell your best players and don't replace them with at least equal there's only one way you will go....

We've been like this for 12 years now. Just been lucky that our academy has filled them holes. One season it won't.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The most predictable thing to happen now is that we will go on to lose this. 

It's absolutely typical of Rovers. 

We will 100% go on to lose. We are the softest team in the league and have the weakest mentality. 

I'd be shocked if we even got a draw. I actually backed Preston to win at pretty big odds when we went 2-0 up. I knew the game was far from over.

Just now, Hannoverover said:

If you sell your best players and don't replace them with at least equal there's only one way you will go....

We've been like this for 12 years now. Just been lucky that our academy has filled them holes. One season it won't.

This season it hasn't.

• Like 1