BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

My gut says that we’re trying to play a conservative version of what we did under JDT, but it’s not being coached as well as that and the players just don’t fancy it at all.

I’ve seen worse halves from us, but I haven’t seen many and none that I remember where the absolute basics of football were this bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

He's not the only one, but he also needs to play much, much better. He's been shite tonight. 

There's been a couple of moments where we could have troubled them and he's misplaced the pass.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The ball has been completely untroubled by any Rovers player in the opposition half. Awful, awful performance so far.  Not convinced we've even put 3 passes together.

Not the agenda anymore? More keep it tight, play percentages, old fashioned stuff and nick a draw or 1-0? Suits lazy players who can just sit in and knock balls into channels.

Still, IF we nick a draw or even a 1 nil win, cue results are all that matters comments. Fair enough.

• Like 1

In terms of limiting cardiff the setup is working well but weve got into positions where a simple pass creates a good chance and we've failed at it. Gally, Szmodics, Garrett and Ayari all have passed woefully.

Feels like Buckley will get the time and space to pass it. Id take Ayeri off.