BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Thought he was Rovers' worst player.

Based purely on that half of football, Szmodics was our worst player. 

You can also see why Coventry fans said Ayari is too lightweight - he's skillful, but he's been brushed off the ball far too easily so far. 

When the squad has anyone decent in it stripped and the top mamagement publicly state there is no ambition then it's only a matter of time until the more senior players give up. Sammie knows he'll get flogged in the summer anyway so why bother runming himself into the ground anymore.

Waggott and Venkys out!

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

Cardiff commentators are completely in denial if they think they played well.

Two awful awful teams constantly losing the ball and creating nothing for a very dull 45 minutes.

They've lost 7 of 8 - this is manna from heaven for them. 

• Like 1

As a spectacle I think that may be absolutely genuinely the worst half I have ever seen Rovers involved in. 

In terms of coming away with a result on the other hand looks not bad. Cardiff have had nothing really and weve got into positions maybe half a dozen times where the right pass sends us through... Feels like we will get opportunities if we can remember how to play football...

• Like 2

Any positives? I honestly can’t think of any. Pears not making any mistakes I guess, he’s probably been our best player by default. Maybe Tronstad too, who has done his job pretty well. 

Just how bad is the Swedish team if Ayari and Wahlstedt have got caps?

Chrisene isn’t a defender, I’m not even sure he’s a football in all honesty. 

Jake Garrett spreading 50 yard balls to their full back - total football. 

Utter dross, summed up by Szmodics worst showing for a long time. 

We’ve had 1 shot and it was Hyam from 50 yards as a complete waste.

• Like 3

Is there any gameplan at all?

I get that some thought that JDT was too attack minded, but this is just terrible. W

e're still badly playing it out from the back on occasion.

The passing is worse.

The attacking, from players that we've seen attack well, is none existent.

The defending is just as shambolic.

We're still playing suicide balls across field for it to be intercepted, but we're playing an opponent who is really poor.

What is this?

• Like 1

Very poor but it's all about picking up points at this stage in what's been a horror season.  Cutting out the conceeding of goals by gifting them possession around our box is a start. Moral is clearly at an all time low. Just need to crawl over the line at this stage and assess in the summer. Hopefully better times ahead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Collectively the worst set of loanees we've ever had.  

Take a bow Gregg.

I think Ayari, Chrisene and the french CB are free loans - the parent club saying "would you mind taking them on for 6 months 'cos their initial loans failed. We'll let you have them for free". 

• Like 3

Players look like dogs chasing a car that finally catch up with it.

Now they’ve got their way, they’ve no idea what to actually do.

Embarrassing. Genuinely embarrassing. Imagine pitching up however-many-miles to Cardiff on a Tuesday night and the people you turn up to support - with them having whinged about boos a couple of weeks ago - serve up that.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Is there any gameplan at all?

I get that some thought that JDT was too attack minded, but this is just terrible. W

e're still badly playing it out from the back on occasion.

The passing is worse.

The attacking, from players that we've seen attack well, is none existent.

The defending is just as shambolic.

We're still playing suicide balls across field for it to be intercepted, but we're playing an opponent who is really poor.

What is this?

JDTs prints are all over this team. He's only been gone a wet week. The problems he created are still there.