BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

Szmodics, Hyam, Brittain, Thomas, Morton, Mola, Hirst, Wahlstedt, O’Riordan, Fleck, Sigurdsson, Tronstad, Ennis, McFadzean, Telalovic, Hill, Ayari, Chrisene, Koumiteo, Moran

20 players signed under Broughton

1 true success (Szmodics)
1 likely to be a success (Tronstad)
3 solid and capable on occasion at this level (Hyam, Hill and Morton)
1 potential but not seeing it (Sigurdsson)
1 too early to judge (O’Riordan)
1 will never play for us (Koumiteo)
1 37 year old (McFadzean) 
3 it didn’t work out (Moran, Thomas and Hirst)
6 absolute shockers (Mola, Wahlstedt, Ayari, Chrisene, Telalovic, Ennis)
1 soft arse (Brittain)
1 crock (Fleck)

I feel like I’m being generous to be honest.

In the mean time we’ve lost Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, Diaz, Dack, Wharton and others. 

In terms of the ‘develop and become self-sufficient’ or whatever the nonsense he’s spouted, we’ve made a total of £0 revenue from players he’s signed. He’s done well rinsing the academy and signings from previous regimes though and spent upwards of £7m with likely loan fees too  

Edited by superniko
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Szmodics, Hyam, Brittain, Thomas, Morton, Mola, Hirst, Wahlstedt, O’Riordan, Fleck, Sigurdsson, Tronstad, Ennis, McFadzean, Telalovic, Hill, Ayari, Chrisene, Koumiteo, Moran

20 players signed under Broughton

1 true success (Szmodics)
1 likely to be a success (Tronstad)
3 solid and capable at this level (Hyam, Hill and Morton)
1 potential but not seeing it (Sigurdsson)
1 too early to judge (O’Riordan)
1 will never play for us (Koumiteo)
1 37 year old (McFadzean) 
3 it didn’t work out (Moran, Thomas and Hirst)
6 absolute shockers (Mola, Wahlstedt, Ayari, Chrisene, Telalovic, Ennis)
1 soft arse (Brittain)
1 crock (Fleck)

I feel like I’m being generous to be honest.

In the mean time we’ve lost Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, Diaz, Dack, Wharton and others. 

In terms of the ‘develop and become self-sufficient’ or whatever the nonsense he’s spouted, we’ve made a total of £0 revenue from players he’s signed. He’s done well rinsing the academy and signings from previous regimes though  

Did rothwell leave under Broughton, genuine question 

1 minute ago, AJW said:

And to think some people berated tippy tappy football 

I find this less frustrating being honest. All well and good when you have the players but when you don't there is nothing worse than watching a bunch of players with limited ability struggle with every single pass and look so uncomfortable trying to knock it about. I'll take a scrippy scrappy over tippy tappy.

2 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Did rothwell leave under Broughton, genuine question 

I think it was the summer he came in. Might have been before Broughton arrived to be fair (does this class as me doing him a disservice?)

26 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Chrisene is seriously poor, bring an u23 lad in for the remainder of the season and send him back to Villa tomorrow. 

From what I've seen of him I think he's one of the worst loan signings we've ever brought in. I've seen no fundamental attributes of a footballer from him, not a one. The lad is appalling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I find this less frustrating being honest. All well and good when you have the players but when you don't there is nothing worse than watching a bunch of players with limited ability struggle with every single pass and look so uncomfortable trying to knock it about. I'll take a scrippy scrappy over tippy tappy.

They still look like that now.

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

It ain’t scrippy scrappy (whatever that is), it’s just utter shite 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I didn't slate him to high heavens, I was fair, I just wasn't a fan. What did I say that was so bad? He is naive? Let me be clear, Waggot, Suhail and Venkys are the fucking problem.

My point is people saying how bad this is like it's Eustace's influence and we've fallen off a cliff since JDT left. Let's not have short memories. I want to give Eustace a fair crack, I think that's fair.

From memory (and I’m not a stenographer) you were of the opinion that the manager would take us nowhere but down, in essence and the frequency increased with each game at the end. Again, that is only my memory of it, in a general sense. I would definitely agree that you weren’t a fan and add that you made that clear, strongly and often.

I could almost understand your logic on Eustace, it’s just that we currently look like we don’t really know what we’re doing at all, as though none of them can really play football, basically. We’ve somehow come out second half looking even worse than the first. Eustace surely had some influence at half time, unless we’ve got a trove of JDTs half time team talks that were showing the players on a big screen?

We look like shit and we’ve looked like that basically the entire time of the last three matches, save for 30 mins against Preston.

• Like 1

Just now, LDRover said:

From what I've seen of him I think he's one of the worst loan signings we've ever brought in. I've seen no fundamental attributes of a footballer from him, not a one. The lad is appalling.

I remember speaking to a Kilmarnock fan on the train to the Cambridge FA Cup game.

He told me that Chrisene was a ‘gem’…lying bastard!

• Like 1