BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Absolute shite for an hour, much better last 1/2 hours with  the subs making a big difference.

Buckley excellent considering he's hardly played for 3 months and Dolan also busy as usual.

Clean sheet, Pears solid, put the point in the bag and move on (as Tony would say)

Moran too deserves some credit. A lot better than his teammate from B&H.

• Like 4

Very few positives from that really, slightly improved after the subs. Buckley played fairly well, certainly better than Garrett who's looking lost every game. I think him and Tronstad could work fairly well based on that. We gave the ball away so so easily all game, Ayari, Moran, Brittain some of the worst culprits.

Eustace will point towards the clean sheet, I guess it's a slight achievement when we've not had one since November, but at what cost, no attacking threat?

Only other slight plus is that Plymouth got battered so we climb a spot.

Szmodics will definitely feel his hammy in the morning, very worrying indeed. Not expecting him to play at weekend.

Good clean sheet, but Christ if they're trying to ship season tickets over the summer we need to improve our style of play. These past 3 games have been extremely dull, players seem to of lost all creativity and technical ability in the space of a week and a half. 

• Like 3

Good point and clean sheet in the circumstances.

Only real positives were the defence, particularly McFadz, all looking good, and Pears very steady. And Buckley was miles better than anyone else on the pitch on either side when he came on.

Negatives were how rubbish every forward and midfield player was except Tronstad and Buckley. Really really really poor. We're not going to commit many players forward so if we want chances and goals its all about individual ability and there wasnt any really. Probably Szmodics worst ever game for us.

Grinding out points after the December and January disaster will hopefully start to instil a bit of confidence in the players. I’m a fan of JDT but it’s seeming more and more apparent it wasn’t a happy camp with some payers appearing devoid of any confidence. It’s going to take time and I’m not saying JE is the answer but grinding out points and stopping the rot/losing should go some way to helping us turn a corner. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Prior to Deepdale we'd lost 6 on the trot away from home.

There's a lot of romanticising JDT's style of play going on here, we'd have lost that 3-0 a couple of months ago.

Let's become hard to beat, and build from there, it's what Hughes did, and he did alright in the end. I know it's hard to watch, but what do people want? Follow it up with a win at home, and isn't this what "normal" sides do?

Eustace is not making these lads suddenly unable to pass a ball 5 yards is he?

This squad is an absolute mess, a proper rag tag bunch, good to luck to anyone coming in trying to fashion a side out of this lot - I'll take a point away on a Tuesday night with a clean sheet any day.

Brilliant post and summed up perfectly.

We lose that under JDT, it became so predictable.

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Grinding out points after the December and January disaster will hopefully start to instil a bit of confidence in the players. I’m a fan of JDT but it’s seeming more and more apparent it wasn’t a happy camp with some payers appearing devoid of any confidence. It’s going to take time and I’m not saying JE is the answer but grinding out points and stopping the rot/losing should go some way to helping us turn a corner. 

If the leaders unhappy, the players didnt stand a chance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

A point. In wales. 
Therefore, I will not gripe about today’s result, but we need points in 3’s. 

Luckily for us there are a lot of teams in and around us who are in awful form as well.

Certainly don't think we will need 50 points, the last two seasons have gone down with less.It would be nice to get there though asap

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Good point and clean sheet in the circumstances.

Only real positives were the defence, particularly McFadz, all looking good, and Pears very steady. And Buckley was miles better than anyone else on the pitch on either side when he came on.

Negatives were how rubbish every forward and midfield player was except Tronstad and Buckley. Really really really poor. We're not going to commit many players forward so if we want chances and goals its all about individual ability and there wasnt any really. Probably Szmodics worst ever game for us.

I am sure Buckley is delighted to be back under a new manager. A chance to prove himself. 

Pears was solid tonight. Made a couple of decent saves, quick off his line for a couple of interception and his kicking was very good under tricky conditions. No world beater but the jigglers seems to have passed from when Wahlstedt was in goal and the defence looked comfortable if not perfect.

• Like 1