BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

8 hours ago, Hasta said:

If we win it’s probably worth £250,000k to the club even without the share of any gate receipts in the next round. Add in gate receipts with the right tie and it could be worth £500k+
That could blow Swag’s targets out of the water. 

We're not beating Newcastle away. 

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Given his build etc Ayari looks like a player and the areas of the pitch he goes into - who can either play number 10 or as a third CM. 

He seems to like carrying the ball, so I am sort of hopeful in a three he could be a bit like Rothwell was... running at players through the middle and opening things up. But in reality not seen enough of him yet to be sure. 

Whatever the case though we need an extra body in the middle desperately.

I get what you mean, he does look tidy on the ball and against QPR he looked to get on it a lot in the last 15 when others were doing their best to give it away at any opportunity.

I think the thing that may hold him back is physicality, Rothwell is 6ft and roughly 12 stone and a strong, direct runner, Ayari (according to Transfermarkt) is 5'6 and 10 st 8 which is light and doesn't seem to be as direct or as quick as Joe was/is.

• Like 3

Well, the weather forecast is for a wet evening in South Wales, so the lads will have their work cut out if they want to put on a show. Mind you, I always think football is a much better game in the rain, as a player, as it makes things a bit unpredictable.. Just ask Tim Flowers 😉

Just look at how full the ground is for that game 😞 Riverside rocking, but a distant memory of nearly 30 years ago.

Back to reality this evening:

Cardiff a soggy 1 Rovers a wet and windy 2

COYB!

F-OFF VENKYSAURUS-DESAI-RAO RABBLE

F-OFF SKULKY_SNIVELLING_SHIT_SUHAIL

F-OFF WOEFUL-WAGGOTT-WEIRDO

Edited by Old Codger
Wild Irish Rover, The Expert, WIR Second Coming, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler, Now just a bitter old codger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I get what you mean, he does look tidy on the ball and against QPR he looked to get on it a lot in the last 15 when others were doing their best to give it away at any opportunity.

I think the thing that may hold him back is physicality, Rothwell is 6ft and roughly 12 stone and a strong, direct runner, Ayari (according to Transfermarkt) is 5'6 and 10 st 8 which is light and doesn't seem to be as direct or as quick as Joe was/is.

I watched him in the warm up before the Knob End match and he was very tidy with the ball, only one who put the ball in the net every time. Surely an upgrade on Garrett, that lad is nowhere near ready for this level, yet.

Edited by Penwortham Blue

1 minute ago, johnradfordsubbuteo2 said:

Tuesday night. Away. Please tell me it's not on the red button.

Even if it is I think I'll follow it on here. It's more comforting and less stressful I find.

It's not on the red button

But you can part with £10 to the Rovers website to watch a substandard stream that may or may not work correctly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I watched him in the warm up before the Knob End match and he was very tidy with the ball, only one who put the ball in the net every time. Surely an upgrade on Garrett, that lad is nowhere near ready for this level, yet.

I think he’s 10x the player Garrett is with the ball, that said Garrett does put himself about and is a physical presence. At 5’6 and not much over 10 1/2 stone I don’t think Ayari has the same defensive abilities. Happy to be proved wrong mind

Not convinced by line up 

Amazed McFazdean is playing, all credit to him 

Going for a rovers win on the basis one day my dread will be proved wrong 

Joining the happy clappers tonight, hoping Eustace get behind the boys rhetoric is a boost ala Gally on the weekend - even if I think the whole thing is pony and the talking point manufactured

5 at the back, 3 in midfield. Fair to say we're aiming to nick a 1-0. 

Garrett was chasing shadows at the weekend so I'm not surprised we've thrown another body in there. 

The only hope I have is looking at Cardiff's line up and bench which looks very poor. 

Edited by rovers11

1 minute ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Nobody else think our injury record is down to jdt and his over working ? Intense play intense training system and 6 day training week ? Obviously has took a toll on this team all season 

Yeah, the ground we were covering is obviously a factor. More kms you cover, the more likely injury is...

But I suppose under Eustace early signs are that while defenders will have a lot less ground to cover, the forwards and mids (including the wing backs) will be similar to JDT. A lot of pressing.

Will be amazed if that starting 11 makes it to half time without any injury.

A fast start neeeded, first goal will be so important though we know from Saturday even a 2 goal lead is no guarantee.

Concede early and it will be game over.