BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

Cardiff aren't in great form and Rovers are coming to town. Seen this story before!

Starting XI will be very interesting given we've had to really chuck Hedges, Gallagher, McFadzean, etc. in at the deep end recently.

With Fleck likely to be missing, Garrett in the middle seems the most likely option but I'd love to see Buckley in there if he's ready.

Pears

Hyam    McFadzean   Wharton

Brittain     Tronstad     Buckley     Hedges

Szmodics

Dolan    Gallagher

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So that was 5 paragraphs to say "I'd probably bring Ayari in for the injured Fleck on Tuesday" with the rest just being digs at our players?

I love Rovers fans. 

Well yeah, we have signed a lot of below par players this season and subsequently have gone 10 places further down the table after a horror run, so you will tend to find people questioning the players we now have. Hardly unjust, unnecessary negativity specific to Rovers fans.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/18/injury-update--john-fleck/

An injury update on Fleck. Eustace is saying it's a kick on the calf so hopefully once the bruising comes out he will be fine. I must admit I thought it was his knee at the time and that it looked quite serious.

Thanks mate. Unfortunately not much of an update from rovers. Wish the update would be "venkys have agreed to sell the club" 

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

54 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fleck coming here now is like Dack going to Sunderland.

It's best we don't expect to see a lot of him.

He was clearly a panic signing at the 11th hour when they realised the Venkys were determined to sell Wharton even without a loan-back option.  

Granted I expected more than 15 minutes out of him, but I fear that's all we'll see of him in a Rovers shirt. It really was an innocuous incident - it wasn't a kick, he stretched for a stray ball and stayed down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was clearly a panic signing at the 11th hour when they realised the Venkys were determined to sell Wharton even without a loan-back option.  

Granted I expected more than 15 minutes out of him, but I fear that's all we'll see of him in a Rovers shirt. It really was an innocuous incident - it wasn't a kick, he stretched for a stray ball and stayed down. 

I'm lost for words at these kind of signings given our circumstances as exactly what you expect to happen does happen it's always just when not if.

They are saying he took a kick so hopefully it's something he can shake off but even so if you have a strong squad and a few spare quid and are just looking to fill the squad then yes it makes sense on minor gambles.  In our position though where it's all hands needed at the pump and ever penny counts it's just stupid.

But i suppose if we get 5 or 6 appearances out of him they consider it worth it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rigger said:

Because Gilsenan is not good enough yet.

If we are going to leave out all the players who are not good enough, we will be playing  some of the travelling supporters. Hope they have their jerseys with them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Not sure if it's a bad angle but Fleck looks way out of shape for a footballer 😳 

I must admit, I did think the same whilst watching on Sat.

I don't know too much about him, prior to joining us, so not sure if he's a stocky lad naturally or he's carrying weight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

I must admit, I did think the same whilst watching on Sat.

I don't know too much about him, prior to joining us, so not sure if he's a stocky lad naturally or he's carrying weight.

Fleck has always been of stocky build but it looks like he's put on a bit of extra timber.

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Apparently it's only an impact injury so he will come back into contention quite quickly. 

Agree he did not look in brilliant shape, but to be fair his build is quite similar to McGinn at Villa and he has a great engine. So we can live in hope!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hate the season,can`t wait for it to end

Do you think next season will be any better with the Punatics still here, who knows what havoc they could wreak in the close season

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Blow-in said:

If we are going to leave out all the players who are not good enough, we will be playing  some of the travelling supporters. Hope they have their jerseys with them.

I've told you a million times, not to exaggerate.

• Like 1

Nobody gives a shit. If it wasn't for the spectre of relegation that the club has somehow managed to create from nothing, this would already be a dead rubber, with nothing more to play for than simply putting one foot in front of the other. Yawn.

Wake me up when the season is over.

• Like 2

How many sessions a week do we reckon Eustace is getting to work on tactics between each game? Must be a few hours tops? Really terrible situation for a new manager to come into.

Anyone got any insight into how much and what sort of training is happening? I remember there was someone on here years ago who could see the training ground from his bedroom window and tell everyone what the lineup and formation will be 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Seen this too many times...

- Cardiff not in great form.
- Long coach journey.
- 7:45 kick off on a cold Tuesday night.

I already feel angry about how shit we played, in a game that's ~34 hours away.

1-0 Cardiff 👎

I'm amazed they don't stay overnight and train pre match and rehab post match in Cardiff Tues & weds. It's a long ol' journey otherwise. Thanks EFL for the reschedule !

Just now, sverrehh said:

Looking at the tight fixture-list I am worried about the depth of this squad. Trondstad is putting in shift after shift. Do we have a player that can step in if he gets injured?

No. But we did have. He's now at Ipswich

• Like 3