BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) - 20/02/2024, 19:45

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Agree.

Think Cardiff win at 7/4 will be a very good little earner.

Our seaon continues to unravel. 

Will we ever get another consistent run of games out of JRC?

Will Fleck ever be fit enough to play more than 20 minutes for Rovers?

Can we risk McFad, Hedges and Gallagher for a 4th game in 11 days given age and recent long absences?

Should Buckley be thrown in after a lengthy absence and very little game time?

What a sad and desperate mess we are in.

Betting on a Cardiff win and suggesting a weakened Rovers team is put out. Hmmmm.....

Not often I disagree with your views but in the league the most important game is the next and when in a difficult position in the league always put out your best side.

Players get injured in training as well as games.

The Cup is different. It's easy to take the view that Toon can beat any side we field so it's a chance to rest players. I'd be disappointed and so I suspect would most players denied a start v PL opposition.

We simply can't risk fielding a below best available side in the league until we are safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paullarrygher said:

I'd be writing off the Newcastle game right now. It's a fixture we could do without based on league position, squad depth and number of games coming up. Getting through (however unlikely) would be just another game for a stretched squad.

Call Eddie Howe and tell him we're putting the kids out and they can do the same.

We've got 14 games left and I reckon 51 points needed to stay up (3 wins/5 draws/6 losses or 4 wins/2 draws/8 losses). That would leave QPR needing 5 wins/4 draws and Sheffield Wednesday needing 6 wins/4 draws from their 13 remaining games. 

Its a chance for a memorable highlight of a an otherwise dire season and to get into the quarter finals of the FA Cup. 

It wouldnt be a good look so soon into the Eustace era if he does anything but treats that game seriously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

No as it’s a rearranged Saturday game, not an original midweek it won’t be on the red button.

It's going to be cold, wet and dark in Cardiff. The pitch will be a shocker too so hope they are prepared

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a chance for a memorable highlight of a an otherwise dire season and to get into the quarter finals of the FA Cup. 

It wouldnt be a good look so soon into the Eustace era if he does anything but treats that game seriously.

Agreed, need to go strong against Newcastle. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, den said:

I don’t think there are any red button games this week.

Its not a "traditional" midweek round of games that's why, these are games that have been rearranged because of cup commitments.

Although home clubs can opt for it to be shown at there own discretion.

More likely is that Rovers will announce at about 5/6pm tomorrow that you can purchase it for £10.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Its not a "traditional" midweek round of games that's why, these are games that have been rearranged because of cup commitments.

Although home clubs can opt for it to be shown at there own discretion.

More likely is that Rovers will announce at about 5/6pm tomorrow that you can purchase it for £10.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/19/watch-bluebirds-battle-on-roverstv-/

They did that this afternoon

Edited by KentExile

47 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Has anyone tried to buy a pass? We are such a clusterfuck of a club, no-one can even be bothered typing the correct details!

What am I actually buying here? What time is KO & can I even watch it in the UK? Fucking shambles again!!

20240219_224042.jpg

Edited by windymiller7
Pressed submit too soon - unlike our club secretary!
  • Like 2

Here’s how I would line up…        

Pears

Hyam.    McFadz.  Wharton

Brittain.   Sondre.     Ayari.  .   Hedges

Dolan.     Szmodics

Gally 

Subs - Leo, O’riordan, Chrisene, Buckley, Garrett, Siggy, Moran, Telalovic

I quite liked the look of Ayari in the cameos I’ve seen. With the injuries mentioned plus the form of Garrett and Bucko not ready to start, I’d give him a chance. Although, the player I think JE was talking about who may play out of position, in there is Chrisene. When he first arrived, I remember reading that he had played CM and a few Villa fans actually saying it was his best position.

My heart says 1-2 to Rovers but my head says this has a draw written all over it.

9 hours ago, M_B said:

Agreed, need to go strong against Newcastle. 

If we win it’s probably worth £250,000k to the club even without the share of any gate receipts in the next round. Add in gate receipts with the right tie and it could be worth £500k+
That could blow Swag’s targets out of the water. 

Edited by Hasta

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace said "it offers another opportunity to someone or maybe someone playing slightly out of position."

Perhaps he has realised that Garrett is not up to it but I cant think of anyone who could feasibly slot in.

Where does that Ayari bloke play ? I am on holiday in Thailand at the mo, so I have not kept up to speed.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Where does that Ayari bloke play ? I am on holiday in Thailand at the mo, so I have not kept up to speed.

A number 8, so a box to box midfielder for those who don't like using numbers to describe positions

Although from what I have seen of him, he seems to spend more time hiding than Moran does

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

You can forum but can't Google his name to find out his position... ooh look at me I'm in Thailand! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tricky said:

You can forum but can't Google his name to find out his position... ooh look at me I'm in Thailand! 

I have the same problem in China, google is blocked along with the bbc and others

53 minutes ago, KentExile said:

A number 8, so a box to box midfielder for those who don't like using numbers to describe positions

Although from what I have seen of him, he seems to spend more time hiding than Moran does

It's a wonder he's found the time to hide is the 3 short sub appearances for us, 2 of those in the Cup.

At Coventry on loan and after a reasonable start he then hardly played, on the bench unused.

It would appear that he is a waste of a loan place, unless Eustace thinks differently.

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's a wonder he's found the time to hide is the 3 short sub appearances for us, 2 of those in the Cup.

At Coventry on loan and after a reasonable start he then hardly played, on the bench unused.

It would appear that he is a waste of a loan place, unless Eustace thinks differently.

I think Ayari, along with Koumetio (and possibly also Chrisene) were just a case of getting a cheap body in through the door to fill up a squad place and hopefully they would surprise us.

• Like 1

So, after getting no joy from RoversTV support email (standard FAQs response!), I've emailed Lynsey Talbot who must be really fed up getting emails from us lot! Sorry Lynsey, but as 'Head of Operations' where else do we go? Also, she's the only one down there that genuinely seems to care & tries to be helpful.

I can just imagine her reading it, head in hands going "WTF!? Can nobody do their job properly!?"

My main issue is that, if I part with my tenner & the stream doesn't work, where do I go in terms of recompense? Even I don't know what I've bought!

Anyway, I'll keep you updated with what I get back & hopefully it'll get corrected on the website prior to KO.

Edit: Just had a response from Lynsey who has copied in one of the 'marketing' team who 'will be able to assist'.

Edit 2: All sorted now for anyone who wants to purchase a streaming pass:

image.png.1af6b496f2a1026039cbdbcde5362601.png

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 5

I think Ayari is one of those loose forward midfielders who floats about in advanced midfield positions, not quite a (modern) 10 and definitely not an 8 for me, in old money what you'd term as a luxury player. Out of all of the signings I find his the most odd as that (luxury) forward area is where we're arguably the best served in personnel with Buckley returning, Moran, Sigurdsson, Sammie can play there, as can Hedges, Dolan and JRC if called on. 

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think Ayari is one of those loose forward midfielders who floats about in advanced midfield positions, not quite a (modern) 10 and definitely not an 8 for me, in old money what you'd term as a luxury player. Out of all of the signings I find his the most odd as that (luxury) forward area is where we're arguably the best served in personnel with Buckley returning, Moran, Sigurdsson, Sammie can play there, as can Hedges, Dolan and JRC if called on. 

Given his build etc Ayari looks like a player and the areas of the pitch he goes into - who can either play number 10 or as a third CM. 

He seems to like carrying the ball, so I am sort of hopeful in a three he could be a bit like Rothwell was... running at players through the middle and opening things up. But in reality not seen enough of him yet to be sure. 

Whatever the case though we need an extra body in the middle desperately.