BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

3 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Bristol C 0 Hudds 0  HT

Typical Bristol haven't had a shot in the first half, Hudds have had 5.

They didn't create much on weds despite the scoreline. We literally gave them the goals the first 2 I was sat behind and we gifted. It was really bad from us and they just took their opportunity. Huddersfield shouldn't be that generous today but let's see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

There's nothing in this league other than mentality. The difference in quality is negligible, it's just having the right manager with the right philosophy for the right players. Plymouth at Ewood looked a far better team than Leeds. It could have been a very different season for us if their mentality/attitude was better. 

Pace, pace, pace, pace, pace.

That's the difference between a lot of teams - Plymouth had it in spades so caused us all sorts of problems on the break. It's why they beat Leicester last night too. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's the difference between a lot of teams - Plymouth had it in spades so caused us all sorts of problems on the break. It's why they beat Leicester last night too. 

Yeah pace helps 100% but surprisingly we're one of the most successful teams on the counter attack. Leeds have it in Summerville and Gnonto but could be nullified. We definitely need more pace out wide and have done for years now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Definitely, I'd add power and general hold up play to that. We have attackers who have got something to offer at this level, but none of them really are effective out-balls. A player like Danny Graham, admittedly not a quick player, would see us get so much more from the likes of Dolan, Markanday etc.

20 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Great win today! What's your thoughts about Hyam today? I was watching on a very small screen, and can't really tell, but was he there? Did he play well, and did he deliver a proper reaction to last game disaster?

From what I saw, 11 heroes on the pitch today. McFadz on at HT, did a great job at frustrating Leeds, who bit the dust at every opportunity, trying to get calls that never came, on shots they couldn’t make. 

I believe Hyam & Brittain redeemed themselves. Gally & Dolan with the brilliant header & cagey pass to Sammie for the winner. Otherwise, the latter two had a rough day today. 

All in all, a very rewarding game for Rovers. 

• Like 2

All credit to JE & the lads for a great win at Leeds. I reckon thats our best performance this season(along with the cup-tie against Newcastle),eclipsing the 1-5 win at Sunderland given the opposition and hostile crowd. It will live long in the memory.

A big shout out for all the supporters who made the effort so the players had a decent crowd to celebrate with.

Super Sammy Szmodics has scored 30 goals and almost single-handedly kept us up(I hope). And unlike Alan Shearer hasnt got great players to play with. Easily in the greatest 50 Rovers players of all time going back to the Victorian era. Remember he has also scored against the two Premier League clubs he has faced,and hes not even a striker. Frank Lampard eat your heart out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, harryhealless1928 said:

All credit to JE & the lads for a great win at Leeds. I reckon thats our best performance this season(along with the cup-tie against Newcastle),eclipsing the 1-5 win at Sunderland given the opposition and hostile crowd. It will live long in the memory.

A big shout out for all the supporters who made the effort so the players had a decent crowd to celebrate with.

Super Sammy Szmodics has scored 30 goals and almost single-handedly kept us up(I hope). And unlike Alan Shearer hasnt got great players to play with. Easily in the greatest 50 Rovers players of all time going back to the Victorian era. Remember he has also scored against the two Premier League clubs he has faced,and hes not even a striker. Frank Lampard eat your heart out.

I wouldn’t go that far.

3 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Amazing that people still say this non ironically.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Weds winning now 1-0 Stoke are crap.

Hudds doing ok still 0-0 though.

With Brum 3-0 up. it's a bloody good job we won.

Yep, definitely needed it and with the way the results are going, we aren't out of the woods yet.

• Like 1

Only qpr not picking up points bottom 9, discounting Rotherham 

Thought one team would come separated to leave one space left but it’s going to go to the wire, unfortunately for us. 
I hope the Birmingham score helps us in the long run with Coventry hopefully nothing to play for when they get to ewood 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Brilliant result

D L W D L W

Considering 4 were away, and we've played Ipswich, Southampton and Leeds, we're actually showing some good form. 

Yeah fair play. Nicely summed up there. 5-0 drubbings obviously put the downers on for everyone, but we also won one 5-1 in there and just beat top of the league. 

I’m just pleased to see some fight and ‘arte et labore’ !!

• Like 3