BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm still amazed we allegedly turned down a £2m offer from Ipswich for him in January.

Yes, doesn’t make sense. You’d pay someone to get him off the books

• Like 2

Although it's very disappointing we didn't win that one, I actually feel more confident of staying up now that I did before the game.

We have to lose, Sheff W draw or win, Birmingham win, and Plymouth win for us to down. That feels an unlikely scenario but I'm furious that we haven't finished the job today.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Brum will win their last game at home to Norwich, we will lose and go down on GD.

Plymouth have to win too for us to go down

• Like 1

Just now, broadsword said:

If we don't drop this season, then I think we're certain too next. On the assumption that Sammie gets sold, which seems about right

If they don't invest for 4 consecutive transfer windows, then yes, we're doomed.

Hopefully Norwich will play for a win next week no matter what happens tonight as you would think they would rather play Southampton in the semis instead of Leeds or Ipswich.

• Like 1

Eustace with a 13.33% win record after 16 games in charge. Previous manager left us with 44.44% over 90 games. If we know anything about this club, it’s that they’ll remove even more resources next season and that win record likely gets even worse (whether we’re up or down).

I don’t believe he’s the manager to do the necessary and he’s got himself sent off in the penultimate game of a relegation dogfight. He could feasibly not manage another game for us from the touchline, if he’s chopped after relegation.

He’s been a bad appointment by an inept CEO, as a result of totally reckless administration by the board/executive team. He needs to go.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

They’re down to ten men, keep 5 at the back, sound.
What a shithead Eustace is.

You'd be crying if we went to 4 at the back and they scored the winner on the break too. 

We simply have no pace - you don't change formation there when you're in control. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They’re down to ten men, keep 5 at the back, sound.
What a shithead Eustace is.

Was thinking the same. If you can’t keep a clean sheet with a back 4 up a man you don’t deserve to stay up. Make a positive change and get all 3. Days everything about the mentality of the club and the manager. 

Just now, Bethnal said:

Eustace with a 13.33% win record after 16 games in charge. Previous manager left us with 44.44% over 90 games. If we know anything about this club, it’s that they’ll remove even more resources next season and that win record likely gets even worse (whether we’re up or down).

I don’t believe he’s the manager to do the necessary and he’s got himself sent off in the penultimate game of a relegation dogfight. He could feasibly not manage another game for us from the touchline, if he’s chopped after relegation.

He’s been a bad appointment by an inept CEO, as a result of totally reckless administration by the board/executive team. He needs to go.

I disagree.

Eustace is a fine manager - the problem is everyone is comparing him to an excellent manager that literally paid to leave the club. Said excellent manager also had a better squad. 

There's also no way he's fired if we get relegated - they don't pay off contracts and he has a 2.5 year one. 

• Downvote 2

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You'd be crying if we went to 4 at the back and they scored the winner on the break too. 

We simply have no pace - you don't change formation there when you're in control. 

But that would have meant us going down swinging at least. Please don’t assume when I’d have been crying.
It makes an ass out of you and me x

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sure but had we pushed on and gotten a winner we’d be safe. I think it speaks to the current beliefs or lack there of in the club. Play not to lose cs playing to win. 

12 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

Its not that bad right? We just need one of those 3 things to happen to be safe. Plymouth or Birmingham don't win or Wednesday lose.

Results could have gone much worse in the end.

There’s 81 permutations to next week’s matches involving us, Plymouth, Birmingham and Wednesday.

Only 2 of those 81 end up with us relegated.

• Like 2

I fear for Plymouth after those results today. Hull will still mathematically have a chance of getting top 6 next week even if they lose today, although realistically they'll be out of it with GD.  I think they'll throw everything at it and go for goals. That spells big trouble for Plymouth as Hull are very good going forward and good away from home.

Edited by rovers11

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I disagree.

Eustace is a fine manager - the problem is everyone is comparing him to an excellent manager that literally paid to leave the club. Said excellent manager also had a better squad. 

There's also no way he's fired if we get relegated - they don't pay off contracts and he has a 2.5 year one. 

What on earth have you seen that makes you think he's a fine manager? He's been dire with us and has been dining off of a short burst of results at Brum in the gap between clubs.

Arguably, Wharton aside, he has a better squad than JDT had because a lot of the injured players came back when he took over, and yet still he can barely scrape points.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I disagree.

If we stay up its job well done!  Goal from the CEO was stay up and play the youth. The youth is playing for palace and we stay up by the skin of our teeth. Go down and it’s oh so close to the goal, secured 50 points should be safe…we’ll bounce right back. Sad state really