BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

Strachan 5-1, Hughes 6-1, Newell 6-1, Hoddle 8-1, Houillier 8-1, Curbishley 12-1, Parkes 12-1, Venables 12-1, Graham 16-1, Jewell 20-1, Royle 20-1, Allardyce 25-1, Gregory 25-1, Moyes 25-1, Robson 33-1, O'Leary 33-1, Shearer 33-1, Bruce 50-1, Megson 50-1, Keegan 50-1, G Francis 66-1 & Taylor 66-1 (courtesy of sky bet)

Would like to see strachan, hughes, Newell and of course the might tony parkes. curbishley would be interested but dont think he would come

Edited by ally

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum

Shocked but not really bothered by this....

Thanks to Souey for some great memories and the fans deserve credit for not getting on his back when the going has been tough. Looking at those stats obviously tougher than it has appeared! blink.gif

Who do the Geordies think they are? Good luck to them in retrieving their heads from where the sun don't shine. tinykit.gif

I cannot believe Rovers will let him remain in charge until the next match (if that is what happens).

He's left immediately.

Remember the good times roverite, all good things come to an end and imo it may have been time for a change anyway.

Mabye with strachan we could tempt Beattie Niemi (as Brads no2) providing we win the lottery a number of times! The opinion of people in the know (on sky, not me lol) is that Souness has been appointed to take dicipline to Newcastle and sort out the likes of Dyer and Bellamy and to quieten the dressing room, Did he really do that at Blackburn though? To be fair though, he now has the chance to work with players such as Shearer, Kluivert, Dyer, Bellamy, Jenas, Milner and 52000 fans every week, which wasnt the case at rovers!

I'm as shocked as anyone, i have to say. Others have said that with his recent signings there seemed to be a long-term commitment, and that did probably exist. But noone could have predicted Sir Bobby Robson's sudden departure, and philipl was right in his post in the Robson thread - Souness was the logical candidate when it came down to it.

I'm not one of the Souness out brigade, but so long and thanks, GS. It'll be an exciting few days on this board i guess, as successor's names are plucked as if out of thin air! biggrin.gif

If anyone's in need of a bit of cheering up I suggest you go and check out nufc.com. The geordie reaction to the Souness appointment is electric!! blink.giflaugh.gif

i too am worried that he might try and sign one or more of our players. very worried that he'll be after barry ferguson in the transfer window....

i am absolutely gutted that he has gone, but when you have the two comparibles....some world class player/s, with money to spend.....can't blame the guy for going. all them souey detractors will now come baqck to the club and our gates should be sell outs now for rest of season.

Sudden and unexpected to say the least but I think this news will be extremely beneficial for us in the long term once the initial shock wears off.

It was definitely a season and a bit too far for Souness in the Ewood hot seat with star names departing, the quality of team performance plummeting, and the general buzz surrounding the club disappearing.

I think Freddy Shepherd will be in for a bit of a nasty shock. If there are indeed a load of underperforming egos in the dressing room at St. James's Souness's take no prisoners approach will no doubt have a temporary impact. After that Shepherd will probably find he's actually got rid of the better manager.

If we get our next appointment right and appoint someone who gives suitable importance to bringing through talent from the Academy it could be the making of the club.

More excited about our prospects now than for some time. A great pity Souness didn't walk out on us BEFORE flogging Duff and Dunn and giving away Cole and Johnson though.

At least andy todd and matt jansen should get another chance. Im sure all jansen needs isa run in the team and the new manager wouldnt be afraid to drop stead if he starts playing badly.

My main worry is the transfer window in january.

I have t say though, if we fail to get strachan, which we probably will. And we are forced to look lower league...

Steve McMahon - Plays attractive football, he is a winner, got Blackpool promoted from 3rd division at first attempt, following season won LDV, next season consolidated place, next season won LDV again. He is a good manager, Blackpool are just a mockery of a club with an idiiot as a chairman. Im convinced McMahon would do well in the prem with a good squad (which we have) and good resources.

Well that was a bit out of the blue, can't wait for Jan to find out dry.gif . Would have to be Strachan or Hughes for me, definitely not Houllier or Hoddle under any circumstances. Mixed feelings to be honest, the ManUre game suggested we had started to turn a corner, and our recent history of managers is chequered at best; it is imperative that the club gets it right, and if Souness wants either Stead or Ferguson I hope we make him pay a very hefty sum. Cheers for the memories Graeme, here's hoping you take the barcodes straight to the foot of the table where they belong (oh, and good luck dealing with "men" like Bellamy, Dyer and co.)

Edited by Morph

i agree with you t4e....mcmahon...give me a break!!!!

i would love for sir bobby to step straight into the rovers job. thing is though, whoever comes in has got to be prepared to work with no money. otherwise we are really in the smelly stuff!!

also t4e...i agree that we need a manager who has top level experiance, someone who has been there, done that and got the t-shirt!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.