BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Or somebody has read the backlash, comments on this MB - which has put the brakes on things. As you say, Cryer, Kamy & Nixon - each must have heard something to reach the conclusions they did. But something has changed.

I think the Pune summit holds the key.

I don't like Agnew or Shaw but I hope they win the power struggle with Singh ( who is a maniac on the rampage ).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stand out point I must make about this is that Ali thinks football management is academic, can be taught from a textbook. He hasn't got a @#/? clue what he's doing and thinks all you need is to get your badges. How could he demand respect from players. He has no presence.

He should be teaching kids between 6 and 15, not anywhere near a professional football club.

He's an FA bum boy who was never good enough to play and blamed it on racism. Potentially this is our next manager. I cringe at the thought.

I keep saying it - at the moment I am sitting beside people who have know Ali and worked with him - the fact he has even been linked with a job, in any capacity, is astounding (plus I am getting ripped to shreds in the office).

I believe the plan was to have Ali and MacDonald in charge for the game tomorrow and for the game after that. It would then be assessed whether those two should continue alone or a `manager` brought in if results were poor.

Shaw and Agnew seem to completely disagree with this crackpot idea from Singh and have flown out to India. Let's hope they get their way.

I keep saying it - at the moment I am sitting beside people who have know Ali and worked with him - the fact he has even been linked with a job, in any capacity, is astounding (plus I am getting ripped to shreds in the office).

Says it all John. I have also worked with Shaw. You won't get much better insight than personal experiences with no axe to grind either way.

Or somebody has read the backlash, comments on this MB - which has put the brakes on things. As you say, Cryer, Kamy & Nixon - each must have heard something to reach the conclusions they did. But something has changed.

Yes - I sincerely hope something has changed.

However, If Shebby couldn't predict this backlash though he's either lost all sense of reality (and totally disappeared up his own megalomaniac arse), or he really is as thick as pigkean.

I wonder who changed things and stopped the appointments? After all, I thought part of Shebby's remit is to stop the fans revolting. Is somebody actually assessing whether he's achieving anything?

I am hearing the same as well. Heard he is also trying his hand at writing, hence going around 'various' football clubs and other places. It is just speculation and rumour at the moment with regards to coaching role - thankfully.

However, If Shebby couldn't predict this backlash though he's either lost all sense of reality (and totally disappeared up his own megalomaniac arse), or he really is as thick as pigkean.

I wonder who changed things and stopped the appointments? After all, I thought part of Shebby's remit is to stop the fans revolting. Is somebody actually assessing whether he's achieving anything?

I do not think ali is even on the list to be appointed - just folk putting two and two together and getting a muddled answer.

• Backroom

This is the guy who was going to appoint Billy McKinley until BRFCAG begged him not to, and took 5 weeks to appoint Henning Berg after deciding the only criteria to be our manager was to be an ex-Rovers player from the 90's still involved in the game at some level. I think we can safely say he has no sense of reality whatsoever and his only "achievement" is possibly pushing Kean closer to the door - though his subsequent actions after this have basically rendered that meaningless anyway.

I have never worked, met or even heard of him, but I am getting ripped to shreds too. My mates are laughing themselves silly with this......THANKS VENKYS.

I believe the plan was to have Ali and MacDonald in charge for the game tomorrow and for the game after that. It would then be assessed whether those two should continue alone or a `manager` brought in if results were poor.

Shaw and Agnew seem to completely disagree with this crackpot idea from Singh and have flown out to India. Let's hope they get their way.

Agreed.

God help us if Mr Shelving and Agspew are our saviours.

What's Venky's endgame in all this? I know someone mentioned earlier that all they care about is publicity, but that's no excuse for deliberating @#/? up a multi-million investment. And I say 'deliberately' because I cannot fathom any other reason for ruining their own business. In other cases of dodgy ownership at least there was some method to the madness. At least Pompey enjoyed transient success before the wheels came off. With Venky's there's no logic whatsoever. Every single decision they make is to the club's detriment So what do we put this down to? The time for blaming it on naivety has long since passed. In theory, they should have wised up by now, especially after the club was relegated whilst they twiddled their thumbs. If anything, their decision-making is growing more and more alien. I mean, what is this down to? Rank stupidity? Conflict of interest? WHAT? Don't they want success?

You install a proper CEO to oversee club affairs and you hire an experienced manager to run the team. It's not @#/? rocket science! How could they have got every decision so fundamentally wrong? They're defying the law of averages! They sack proven employees then replace them with a load of old nobodies. People say they just want to run the club on the cheap but the accounts clearly contradict that and you have to consider the amount of money they've spunked down the drain over the years with their constant hirings and firings.

Someone help me make sense of this, preferably before I'm in a strait jacket.

He's an FA bum boy who was never good enough to play and blamed it on racism. Potentially this is our next manager. I cringe at the thought.

Seems to me like he has a little chip on his shoulder towards pro footballers, especially in his remarks about veteran players going straight into coaching/management, people like him just don't get that the crap he spends months/years studying just comes natural and is just 2nd nature for players that have been professional footballers since there early teens, getting there coaching badges is just procedural for them.

• Backroom
What's Venky's endgame in all this? I know someone mentioned earlier that all they care about is publicity, but that's no excuse for deliberating @#/? up a multi-million investment. And I say 'deliberately' because I cannot fathom any other reason for ruining their own business. In other cases of dodgy ownership at least there was some method to the madness. At least Pompey enjoyed transient success before the wheels came off. With Venky's there's no logic whatsoever. Every single decision they make is to the club's detriment So what do we put this down to? The time for blaming it on naivety has long since passed. In theory, they should have wised up by now, especially after the club was relegated whilst they twiddled their thumbs. If anything, their decision-making is growing more and more alien. I mean, what is this down to? Rank stupidity? Conflict of interest? WHAT? Don't they want success?

You install a proper CEO to oversee club affairs and you hire an experienced manager to run the team. It's not @#/? rocket science! How could they have got every decision so fundamentally wrong? They're defying the law of averages! They sack proven employees then replace them with a load of old nobodies. People say they just want to run the club on the cheap but the accounts clearly contradict that and you have to consider the amount of money they've spunked down the drain over the years with their constant hirings and firings.

Someone help me make sense of this, preferably before I'm in a strait jacket.

They're either Burnley fans, weaving some insanely intricate thread of corruption or quite literally the stupidest people to ever walk the Earth. No other explanation.

I'd rather Bowyer and Hendry got the gig than McDonald and Ali.

Bowyer deserves a chance somewhere and it would be quite romantic in a way if Hendry could rehabilitate himself by leading us back to some success. I don't quite understand the level of antipathy towards Hendry, he's been through more personal tragedy in one lifetime than anyone should have to endure and it's no skin off my nose if he borrowed money off that Hector chap and didn't pay him back. That's a matter between the two parties concerned and between them alone.

Wistful thinking probably and obviously a totally unsatisfactory solution.

Just slightly more appealing than Ronald McDonald and Comical Ali.

Hendry suffered a huge personal tragedy, no one is disputing that.

However, he was made bankrupt with huge debts to more than one person (Hector) !

There are articles about Hendry on the web about his behaviour, attitude etc. If there was not a grain of truth in them, I think Hendry's lawyers would be very active.

A football club must have standards, moral and other, and how Rovers' standards have fallen in the last two years; IMO, Hendry does not measure up to the requirements.

I heard this too. I have also heard the players have had a say since but have no idea what came out of it.

Hendry suffered a huge personal tragedy, no one is disputing that.

However, he was made bankrupt with huge debts to more than one person (Hector) !

There are articles about Hendry on the web about his behaviour attitude etc. If there was not a grain of truth in them, I think Hendry's lawyers would be very active.

A football club must have standards, moral and other, and how Rovers' standards have fallen in the last two years; IMO, Hendry does not measure up to the requirements.

It's like comparing the results of a dog and a cat nicking yesterdays Vindaloo out of the bin

Is this just a sensible summation of events, or have you actually heard it from someone reliable?

Does anyone know if Shaw and Agnew have been summoned (as previously indicated on the board) or have they gone to Pune off their own backs?

Do Shaw, Agnew and Shebby all have to agree to appointments and dismissals for decisions to be made? Is that the official decision making process and it's just that Shebby is a loose canon and mouths off to the press (e.g about Mckinlay, Macdonald, Ali) before the other two have agreed?

Thanks to anyone who genuinely knows the answers.

Frightening.

Archived