BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, david brent said:

Somebody I know has just got their burton tickets and saw Dunn going into the ground 

Ha ha same person.. Dunny probably being told he's in charge Friday.. Who knows with these idiots probably not even them 

I just hope there has been some succession planning here because as it stands we have no first team manager or coaches at all. When Bowyer and his team were sacked it was clear that Lambert had already got the job and had his team too. Plus it was an International week.

With big games coming thick and fast there needs to be people on the ground at Brockhall tomorrow to prepare the team. 

It would be interesting to see Derby's guest list tonight as I'm certain if they have somebody lined up he will be watching Burton as part of the preparation for Friday.

The two clear stand out candidates are Rowett and Warburton.

Billy Davies could probably spark a short term improvement until the end of the season.

There was a Lincoln blogger/fan on the radio the other night. Rates their boss as one of the best young managers in the game. Said his preparation and approach is meticulous to a fault and he works every hour God sends.

Why is Mowbray's name even being mentioned?

I can't see it being Mowbray- he really struggled to work the Coventry's owners towards the end of his tenure. The chances of him working for rubbish owners again are very slim. 

My ideal candidate would be Kenny Jacket. He did a good job at Wolves with a very young squad. I just wonder whether he'd come here. 

Stuart Gray might not a be a bad one either. He didn't do a bad job at Sheff Weds when they were almost certainly down, a few years back. 

If anyone, it can't be Dunn or Johnson. They've absolutely no managerial experience. Forget "they've got the club at heart" rubbish. That won't keep us up. We need someone proven at Championship level. 

If they can be bothered to appoint someone half decent, with Championship experience, I'll return. If it's another Coyle appointment, I'll remain in exile. 

Particularly with lambert's experiences here no one with any credibility will come and work under the Venkys. So it'll be a rookie or a desperate individual. Either way it'll be a bad un. 

But worse than Coyle. No chance unless the appoint Kean 

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

The key question is WHO is going to choose the next manager?

Cheston can do all the interviews but will he be overruled again by the 'other stakeholders'?

Great point. I think it'll be Senior's call. Cheston won't want to be stung again I wouldn't have thought. I guarantee that we'll get the stand out candidate of those who apply though.

Senior looks like the kind of guy who will want to make a name for himself. But I'm probably trying to kid myself with that one.

38 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hell no to Dunn, hasn't got the brains to be a manager and failed at Oldham, other than that couldn't give a toss, venkys couldn't organise a pee up in a brewery, venkys out next, Lambert was last chance saloon, so cluck venkys

Everyone fails at Oldham

Just now, Stuart said:

Great point. I think it'll be Senior's call. Cheston won't want to be stung again I wouldn't have thought. I guarantee that we'll get the stand out candidate of those who apply though.

Senior looks like the kind of guy who will want to make a name for himself. But I'm probably trying to kid myself with that one.

Senior is the emperor's new clothes. As with shabby and Jerome Anderson before him. Let's just hope by dumb look a competent appointment is made. 

Archived