BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich City vs Rovers - 11/3/17

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Hope your red wine has corked. Stop making stupid predictions 

It's not stupid.  Before the match, I said a draw would be a stretch.  We were up against 10 men and at half time, I fancied us extremely strongly to get the win.  Not many dissenting voices when we were 2-1 up.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, islander200 said:

Would have taken a draw before the match but after going 1-2 up against ten men we really should have held on feels a bit like a defeat

Definitely i200 !

Though it's disappointing that it's Senior's womans Portuguese lad that scores the goals.

Steeles shyte along with Raya give me De Gea not Raya.

• Backroom

If we're being brutally honest, this was a perfect opportunity to get three unexpected points, and we blew it. Nonetheless, I'm absolutely sure we would have lost this one under Coyle. We remain undefeated and hopefully that keeps confidence up. Joao has certainly given Mowbray a decision to make on Tuesday.

Just now, JAL said:

Definitely i200 !

Though it's disappointing that it's Senior bitchs Portuguese lad that scores the goals.

Steeles shyte along with Raya give me De Gea not Raya.

Another moan yet again.

You want us to do badly just so you can moan about it. Pretty sad tbh.

agent work not going very well now

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nothing gloating in my post. Read it again and maybe quote all of it when replying. 

Try and be a fair moderator and not just side with "seasoned posters"

Given that several 'seasoned posters' were recently banned, and I was on YOUR side only a couple of days ago (resulting in a brief argument with one of those 'seasoned posters'), I suggest you pipe down with suggestions of nepotism. You were very lucky not to be banned for winding up over a dozen posters when you first joined (other newbies as well as the old guard), so don't be under any impression we mods owe you.

As for the game, I would've taken a draw before the match but I have to say I'm gutted we didn't hold on to a potentially vital 2 pts.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

I'm writing off the Fulham game but we need to beat PNE at home next Saturday, that will be a real battle with 7,000 Preston fans behind the goal

they'll be really up for it, let's hope we are.

Must win game imo.

Don't worry, we'll have 8000 dotted around the ground

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

I'm writing off the Fulham game but we need to beat PNE at home next Saturday, that will be a real battle with 7,000 Preston fans behind the goal

they'll be really up for it, let's hope we are.

Must win game imo.

The last six games of the season are where we will get our survival points.  I see us getting 10 to 12 points from those games, starting with Barnsley at home, and that will get us to safety with something to spare.

Just now, DE. said:

If we're being brutally honest, this was a perfect opportunity to get three unexpected points, and we blew it. Nonetheless, I'm absolutely sure we would have lost this one under Coyle. We remain undefeated and hopefully that keeps confidence up. Joao has certainly given Mowbray a decision to make on Tuesday.

Not sure there's a decision to be made to be fair, all the other strikers have been pretty poor in the recent games.

Just now, Mike E said:

Given that several 'seasoned posters' were recently banned, and I was on YOUR side only a couple of days ago (resulting in a brief argument with one of those 'seasoned posters'), I suggest you pipe down with suggestions of nepotism. You were very lucky not to be banned for winding up over a dozen posters when you first joined (other newbies as well as the old guard), so don't be under any impression we mods owe you.

As for the game, I would've taken a draw before the match but I have to say I'm gutted we didn't hold on to a potentially vital 2 pts.

Over a dozen? Really. That is clearly untrue. It is the same core crew of posters here who jump on anyone who tries to objectively look at where we are now and going under a new manager, as opposed to repeatedly regurgitating the same old stuff we all know inside out. I have never been abusive to anyone, but have gotten plenty for having "alternative views" Which means basically not wanting to go over the last 6 years again and again. The reason you "were on my side" was because the aforementioned poster was being being unreasonable and borderline abusive. Were you not just, am, moderating? 

"Pipe down" "don't be under any impression we mods owe you" As a moderator, you should be embarrassed to be making those types of remarks. 

• Backroom
Just now, GanG2245 said:

Not looking good to be honest. Except forest every other team managed to get at least a point. 

There wasn't a possibility that wouldn't happen with the fixtures though, Wigan lost and forest lost at least.

Just now, Mike E said:

He might have annoyed a few people in his first few posts (me included) he didn't do enough to warrant a ban imo. His pro-Coyle opinion was garbage but he should be allowed to have that opinion without being banned.

Before the game great point, 1 down becomes a superb. 70 minutes against ten men and 2-1 up can't help but feel disappointed. Not picking up enough wins instead of draws could finish us as we haven't had any "stinkers" yet under Mowbray which we all know we have in us and that has me rather worried.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Over a dozen? Really. That is clearly untrue. It is the same core crew of posters here who jump on anyone who tries to objectively look at where we are now and going under a new manager, as opposed to repeatedly regurgitating the same old stuff we all know inside out. I have never been abusive to anyone, but have gotten plenty for having "alternative views" Which means basically not wanting to go over the last 6 years again and again. The reason you "were on my side" was because the aforementioned poster was being being unreasonable and borderline abusive. Were you not just, am, moderating? 

"Pipe down" "don't be under any impression we mods owe you" As a moderator, you should be embarrassed to be making those types of remarks. 

Actually, I had posted a similar opinion to yours before you. So while I was moderating, I was also genuinely in agreement with you.

Looking back at the thread in question and at PMs and reports, 4 of the posters had signed up in the previous week. Ergo, newbies.

Ever thought that the seasoned posters are generally here because they contribute very well to the forum and don't often wind up others?

I thought pipe down was an adequate phrase to use for someone who has had the benefit of the doubt several times and now is upset that he is 'being moderated'.

So either continue this by PM or in the Admin threads.

• Backroom
Just now, RV Blue said:

He might have annoyed a few people in his first few posts (me included) he didn't do enough to warrant a ban imo. His pro-Coyle opinion was garbage but he should be allowed to have that opinion without being banned.

I absolutely agree with you. However, it wasn't a pro-Coyle opinion that had us hovering over the week-ban button.

Archived