BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Checkatrade Trophy

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Sounded truly awful, turned over by Bury at home.  Good job venkies.  Any positives at all from this?  Please any attendees tell me there was something.

I'd say Stuart's post above is a ringing endorsement of the game.

Good run out for some of the kids and bench fodder although the kids will be staying with the kids and the fodder will stay on the bench by the sounds.

Advance tickets are only a fiver for this comp but that's probably 4 pound too much, farcical competition.

Just now, tomphil said:

Good run out for some of the kids and bench fodder although the kids will be staying with the kids and the fodder will stay on the bench by the sounds.

Advance tickets are only a fiver for this comp but that's probably 4 pound too much, farcical competition.

There was NOTHING good about tonight’s match. It was embarrassing. Our own U23s side would have buried us.

Just now, Stuart said:

There was NOTHING good about tonight’s match. It was embarrassing. Our own U23s side would have buried us.

Can't understand why when people are playing for a possible first team slot.

That performance and attitude must really worry Mowbray if he has to rely on the likes of Whittingham, Graham, Conway, Gladwin and Harper for the first team. The very least I expected was for them to bust a gut and give Mowbray some food for thought but they were shockingly bad. Poor is being kind to them.

Just now, tomphil said:

Can't understand why when people are playing for a possible first team slot.

Not sure I’ll bother turning up for the next Checkatripe game. Let’s face it, the players don’t.

I’d make them reimburse everyone who paid tonight.

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure I’ll bother turning up for the next Checkatripe game. Let’s face it, the players don’t.

I’d make them reimburse everyone who paid tonight.

Shocking really how that switched off attitude still prevails at Rovers amongst some senior players, some of them genuinely aren't assed about anything other than going through the motions and getting paid.

Archived