BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

My point being is that I think it's a strange move if it is Ripley.Surely Ripley will only be joining a club on loan that he will be guaranteed to at least start the season as number 1

In my eye's Raya is potentially a future star,I'd rather an older more experienced goalkeeper like a Shay Given,someone who can step in for Raya when needs be And someone Raya can learn from.

I'm not a fan of the loan market unless we have an agreement in place to purchase the player at the end of the loan deal If we choose to do so.

Just think the signing of Ripley if it is him would be strange

I agree that if we get him on loan it would be ideally with an option to buy

With regards him coming to be number 1, competition is good and it is his decision if he backs himself enough to come here hoping to be Number 1 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, briansol said:

Probably would. A bit like playing Football Manager when a deal is too good to pass up even though should problably use the money elsewhere B)

I am definitely guilty of doing that:lol:

Already have Duff and Robben , but Giggs is available? I'll fit him in somewhere...

What we don't want to be doing is rotating keepers but if Raya gets the wobbles or is injured we need someone decent to step in straight away not mess about giving a kid a chance then losing games on the back of it. Leave all that kind of stuff to the end of the season if we are going nowhere or 25 points clear as we aim to be :rolleyes:

As good as a signing Ripley might be, effectively signing him doesn't really do anyone many favours.

Either Raya or Ripley will be sat on the bench, getting no time (which they both need) or they rotate, potentially messing up the team by not having a consistent keeper in net and neither player getting enough consistent game time to gain any kind of form.

Potentially, next summer, whichever one ends up on the bench this season will be looking for the exit, meaning we have to go through the whole process again.

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

As good as a signing Ripley might be, effectively signing him doesn't really do anyone many favours.

Either Raya or Ripley will be sat on the bench, getting no time (which they both need) or they rotate, potentially messing up the team by not having a consistent keeper in net and neither player getting enough consistent game time to gain any kind of form.

Potentially, next summer, whichever one ends up on the bench this season will be looking for the exit, meaning we have to go through the whole process again.

Having 2 good keepers is a great thing. I don't see the problem! If they both back themselves, healthy competition is a great thing! 

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Very true,

However we'd go into next summer keeping the better of the two to start the process again.

As mentioned we could have easily never signed Friedel.

I do like Raya, however plenty of promising keepers come to nothing.

16 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I think whatever is in Rovers' best interest is all that matters, and that's having the best possible players here. If Mowbray thinks Ripley is a better choice than Raya, then get it done. He can sort out Raya later.

The club needs to start thinking about results on the pitch, and the suitability of the players aiming to get those results, rather than pleasing certain individuals at the club. Rovers' well-being has been a poor second to the financial well-being of individuals at the club for seven years now. It's time to stop and be ruthless from a footballing point of view.

5 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I think whatever is in Rovers' best interest is all that matters, and that's having the best possible players here. If Mowbray thinks Ripley is a better choice than Raya, then get it done. He can sort out Raya later.

The club needs to start thinking about results on the pitch, and the suitability of the players aiming to get those results, rather than pleasing certain individuals at the club. Rovers' well-being has been a poor second to the financial well-being of individuals at the club for seven years now. It's time to stop and be ruthless from a footballing point of view.

That's a fair comment.

If we end up with both, then it will be a good fight for the number 1 spot.

1 hour ago, briansol said:

What do you mean by experienced? Age? Number of appearances?

Ripley has been first keeper for 3 different clubs with loan spells for Øresund, Motherwell and Oldham clocking up over 100 appearances. Proven at this exact level (Div 1) with 18 clean sheets which was best in the division. 

I understand the argument of having a "worse" backup keeper to give Raya his deserved chance, but I rather have two great keepers pushing for the place like Filan/Friedel. That said I don't think it's Ripley because I think Boro would rather sell than loan and Mowbray is looking to spend the Steele money in other areas.

At the end of last season, any post with the words" the Steele money" would have been laughed off the board !

1 hour ago, rigger said:

At the end of last season, any post with the words" the Steele money" would have been laughed off the board !

Remember what happened the last time we had some steel money to spend.

8 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Squad numbers put up today and 21 players in the squad. Looks a decent squad but still feel it is a bit light. How many would we need to have a comfortable squad number wise? 

Three more minimum. Striker, centre back and goalkeeper

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Swanson said:

For the striker we are missing, we should have a look at this guy.

Just been told by his current club that he can leave during the summer. He could be decent in League One.

Certainly the kind of potential I'd like us to look for.

17:33

BLADES' LENIHAN BID REJECTED

Sheffield United have seen another bid for Blackburn’s Darragh Lenihan rejected, this time £1.5m, Sky Sports News understands.

Lenihan, 23, has two years left to run on his contract at Ewood Park having signed a long-term deal in February 2016.

Dear Sheffield United,

We all know you got 5million quid because Spurs sold Kyle Walker. That's right, 5 million pounds because a football team sold a player that wasn't even your player. 

Start being reasonable or @#/? off. 

Regards,

Rovers

Archived