BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I didn’t say I did. I said TO THE MEMBERS mate. And you can be disingenuous to multiple people didn’t you know?

Must have missed that. It’s hard sometimes looking all the way down from this pedestal. :rolleyes:

There is a difference between being personal and being general.

But in any case, this is boring the pants off everyone. If you want to continue the discussion send me a PM.

41 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

The only 'risk free' transfer I can think was Ronaldo from Utd to Real Madrid. You'd need the equivalent of a small country's GDP to get a player in on minimal risk these days. If we pay circa 6-8 million quid for Brereton that seems about right in the current febrile market.

I'll be quite excited if it comes off, he seems a real prospect, has successfully represented his country, attracted the attention of some very big clubs and is said to have power, pace and ability. So what if we splurge some of the owner's dough? Those bastards have denuded the club of it's status, reputation, dignity and finances so they owe us big style. Lets hope Waggott and Mowbray get this over the line before the arse falls out of the Indian chicken market and Venkys pull the plug.

If we get this kid in I'd suggest that the naysayers stop navel gazing and enjoy the moment. 

How do you know Ronaldo is risk free.....he has never played in the Championship and at 30odd he won't have any resale value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Sometimes I think you just agree on things based on what you believe is going to happen. At one point you were saying Armstrong is the striker we need. No other option needed. Now we have him you'd honestly prefer it if we spent circa £8m on another striker when you could have Maddison out wide?

I know which one I'd prefer. 20+ goals spanning across 3 seasons + double figures assists for 2.5m or a 19 year old lad who has all the potential in the world but hasn't scored 10 goals yet for £8m.

Sorry and within that question you'd rather have Brereton than a defender like Baeur + Maddison despite championing the need for Beaur all summer. My God

It's a no brainer.

And still get £4.5 million change!

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm scratching my head over Chapman.  If we are talking £8 mil for this 19 year old then surely anything under £1.5 mil for Chapman is a bargain.  Got  pace, can play either wing and pretty certain he could play the 10 role.  Seems the perfect player to recruit for what we are trying to do.  Injury risks potentially but just seems a strange player to completely ignore.   

True, but I don't think we are. Mowbray has mentioned Chapman in the same breath as Armstrong before in his assessment of where targets were at, and we know how that turned out.

There may be some little disagreement over fee etc, or possibly Mowbray is waiting to see how the big money bids go, to see what he can spare. I doubt he is off the radar altogether.

58 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

My take on the latest transfer window is that if we get in Brereton , Chapman & Bauer for say, £10m, then that'd be a success. This is possible and, given the noises Mowbray has been making, realistic. I initially wanted a centre mid but think Travis and Rothwell  can challenge the two cart-horses. I'd also wanted Maddison previously but it's clear we can't be after him given that he's been available with a clear price tag for ages and we haven't bit.

I do wonder about the motives of some on here bleating about an £8m gamble when you know they'd be screaming blue murder if we end up spending nothing. It smacks of covering all their bases to me. Most of our transfer business over the last few years has had an element of a gamble attached to it (and I include Dack in that).

In this case we really do need to let Mowbray throw the dice and make his plays - the ensuing success or failure will decide whether he sinks or swims.   

I think those 3 on a permanent would make it a very good window.

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm scratching my head over Chapman.  If we are talking £8 mil for this 19 year old then surely anything under £1.5 mil for Chapman is a bargain.  Got  pace, can play either wing and pretty certain he could play the 10 role.  Seems the perfect player to recruit for what we are trying to do.  Injury risks potentially but just seems a strange player to completely ignore.   

It’s not just injury risks though, it’s massive injury concerns that could easily see his career finish prematurely.

As Chaddy says there is a reason that Maddison hasn't gone yet even though his chairman has been actively trying to shift him all summer? I don't believe I'm agreeing with him. The Charlton defender has been chased all summer and I still have a feeling he'll turn up at Ewood at some stage...possibly Jan, once Charlton injury problems have been sorted.

We need a striker and for the going rate for a young forward with potential is 7-8 million. Bamford, Gallacher and Brereton all seem to be around the same price. I don't know what the problem is with Rovers pay the going rate if the club can afford it. The problem is if Bamford was bought for 2 million and Gallacher was available for 1 million then I'd be asking questions why Brereton.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Must have missed that. It’s hard sometimes looking all the way down from this pedestal. :rolleyes:

There is a difference between being personal and being general.

But in any case, this is boring the pants off everyone. If you want to continue the discussion send me a PM.

It’s fine mate. No one else actually puts you on that pedestal. It’s just a special one that you have for yourself. 

I just like to create a bit of opposition for the energy leaches on here that’s all. ??

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

It’s fine mate. No one else actually puts you on that pedestal. It’s just a special one that you have for yourself. 

I just like to create a bit of opposition for the energy leaches on here that’s all. ??

So your the Adrian durham of BRFCS then? Shame it would be good to know your real views.

People are over complicating this. We’re in desperate need of a striker. There is money there for a striker, and you have to pay the going rate.

What’s the point in splashing 5/6/7 mil on someone purely cos they once scored 10 goals at this level? (Waghorn once, Bamford 10 in 18 months, there’s a reason Chris Martin doesn’t play, Marriott had one good season at league one level...) 

Only Rovers fans would write off the kid before a bid has even been accepted when Forest fans/press have made it very public their non-desire to let him leave. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doesnt Pulis want to keep Chapman and not available? He is injured at the minute so how long before he back fit? 

As far as I'm aware, he has not said he wants to keep him, nor that he is unavailable. Not heard even a rumour of that either, only assumptions.

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

We've arranged it so that the ceremony doesn't start until an hour after the final whistle. ?

Lets hope its a win then and does not dampen your mood, can't imagine a grumpy "ÿeh whatever" response to do you take this women etc , would go down too well

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Only Rovers fans would write off the kid before a bid has even been accepted when Forest fans/press have made it very public their non-desire to let him leave. 

Haven't seen anyone write him off, and I have read this thread a lot. People just have very reasonable reservations and wonder if the money can be better spread out.

I don't get why people always have to jump to extreme statements on this board (not just you).

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

People are over complicating this. We’re in desperate need of a striker. There is money there for a striker, and you have to pay the going rate.

What’s the point in splashing 5/6/7 mil on someone purely cos they once scored 10 goals at this level? (Waghorn once, Bamford 10 in 18 months, there’s a reason Chris Martin doesn’t play, Marriott had one good season at league one level...) 

Well if people are over complicating this, you are making it up!

No-one has written him off, merely queried the size of the fee asked. We are told Forest wanted 12M for him----do the extent of his achievements justify that fee?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Interesting little element in Mowbray's interview that might reflect on what is going on with Brereton. He speaks of thinking he is getting close to doing a deal only for the club he is talking to, to ask for just a little bit more and keep pushing it. The impression it gives over the whole Brereton Nottingham Forest transfer is that it has taken a considerable period of time for the two clubs to agree on a lump sum fee to be paid at the end of the season, and since the transfer window closed a loan fee as well. Nottingham Forest are now seemingly pushing their luck by asking for sell-on fees and other payments to be made in the event of International games, promotion clauses and performance related bonuses.

It might reach a point soon where Mowbray decides to cut his losses and go onto his next target before we run out of time in the loan window.

It will probably see Mowbray avoiding Nottingham Forest as being a club to do business with in the future because of how they have dragged out negotiations.

The consensus from forest fans is that we would be getting a good deal at 8 million. Plenty of them are perplexed that they are considering selling him. It's big money for us, but considering Liverpool and United were linked not too long ago, we may be pulling off serious coup here. 

Another exciting addition to our young team if we pull it off. 

Surely its getting to the point where we either sit down with Forest officials and come to a compromise now, or move on from the deal.

Don't want to be getting to the stage, as per the normal window, where we dont get anything over the line. Agree with @RovingRover on that.

Cant have Forest taking the piss when we are already seemingly prepared to pay a substantial amount for currently their 4th choice striker, based solely on potential.