BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously he does! But why are you on a messageboard to discuss Rovers if thats your argument? 

Have your own opinion, whether that matches Mowbray or not.

Coyle knows more than we do too.

Why am I on  a message board to discuss Rovers,are you for real, very sorry for putting my view on here, I better stay off and leave it to you!!!!  BTW just before I go, Coyle knows more than we do, that is very debatable, his idea of tactics was playing table tennis at Brockhall.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, unsall said:

Pretty clear why,  we got a point should have been 3, think if we had gone 442 with 2 up top, we would have got beat, IMO of course, I just think Mowbray knows a lot more than me and most fans, he works 5/6 days a week with the players, he knows who’s doing it training, who’s carrying niggles, and crucially analysed the opposition who had done serious damage to most teams at home, like Ive said previously someone like Coyle who was useless compared to TM would have got beat, don’t think we will see a lot of games playing no strikers, but he will do what he thinks right depending on the opposition.

Still doesn't exempt Mowbray from criticism though; by common consent the starting XI at the Hawthorns was bizarre, and we continue to draw games we could have won - yesterday being another example. Some of his signings and tactics / substitutions / lineup tinkering are baffling too.  Others would disagree but footie fans love to argue - it's one of the things that make the game so great. Bit unfair comparing Mowbray with Coyle - even Chaddy knows more about the game than Coyle

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Still doesn't exempt Mowbray from criticism though; by common consent the starting XI at the Hawthorns was bizarre, and we continue to draw games we could have won - yesterday being another example. Some of his signings and tactics / substitutions / lineup tinkering are baffling too.  Others would disagree but footie fans love to argue - it's one of the things that make the game so great. Bit unfair comparing Mowbray with Coyle - even Chaddy knows more about the game than Coyle

Agree with that about Mowbray.

As a manager, Coyley had a decent track record (St Johnstone <cups and near promotion>), Burnley <promotion to PL> and Bolton <kept them in PL when joining part way through season>) up until his first full season at Bolton since when he's bombed.  He was a disaster for us but would give him the nod over Chaddy!

Just now, Mercer said:

As a manager, Coyley had a decent track record (St Johnstone <cups and near promotion>), Burnley <promotion to PL> and Bolton <kept them in PL when joining part way through season>) up until his first full season at Bolton since when he's bombed.  He was a disaster for us but would give him the nod over Chaddy!

On second thoughts, you're right. 

44 minutes ago, unsall said:

Pretty clear why,  we got a point should have been 3, think if we had gone 442 with 2 up top, we would have got beat, IMO of course, I just think Mowbray knows a lot more than me and most fans, he works 5/6 days a week with the players, he knows who’s doing it training, who’s carrying niggles, and crucially analysed the opposition who had done serious damage to most teams at home, like Ive said previously someone like Coyle who was useless compared to TM would have got beat, don’t think we will see a lot of games playing no strikers, but he will do what he thinks right depending on the opposition.

For me we need a fulcrum to the team, a conduit who other players feed off and that man is Danny Graham and maybe Brereton in time. Dack doesn't look half the player when he is in the role he was asked to play yesterday and I would argue that with a genuine number nine we could have won yesterday. In the circumstances and as the game unfolded I was delighted with a point but I (and every other fan I spoke to in the ground pre match) was confused and perplexed by the team he selected. I watched Derby destroy West Brom last week without changing their game or personnel too much. The only difference I noticed was a high pressing game.

By his own admission Mowbray over thinks and his tactics sometimes show this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yeah you’ve told me Mowbray is a steady Eddie but not the man to take us forward, and you’re bulling up Coyle, the world has officially gone mad.

3 hours ago, unsall said:

I, like a lot of fans see the team news at 2 00 on a Sat thinking,wow he’s dropped so a so, but unlike many fans never criticise him till the game is played, and more often than not he’s proved right.

43 minutes ago, unsall said:

Why am I on  a message board to discuss Rovers,are you for real, very sorry for putting my view on here, I better stay off and leave it to you!!!!  BTW just before I go, Coyle knows more than we do, that is very debatable, his idea of tactics was playing table tennis at Brockhall.

This is what confuses me. Roverfan99  has a point.

You say that yesterday you saw the team news and thought "he's dropped a so and so".  But you won't post that comment incase your view is proved wrong. Therefore you don't post your view at all. 

If you think the team he has picked is wrong, then there's nothing wrong with saying it. It's a messageboard to discuss Rovers !!!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy all day long for me, I think you are being far to generous to Coyle there even dingles say he pulled off a fluke at their place with other managers players before he showed his true colours.

I've yet to meet a Bolton fan who whilst they might not hate him due to his playing time there has a good word to say about his performance as manager. Only difference between him and Kean in managerial terms is he actually had a decent playing career experience to call on.

18 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yeah you’ve told me Mowbray is a steady Eddie but not the man to take us forward, and you’re bulling up Coyle, the world has officially gone mad.

"As a manager, Coyley had a decent track record (St Johnstone <cups and near promotion>), Burnley <promotion to PL> and Bolton <kept them in PL when joining part way through season>) up until his first full season at Bolton since when he's bombed.  He was a disaster for us."

What I have said is factually correct.  Coyley had success in his earlier managerial career and then it all went wrong.  What is wrong with that?

Matt Busby's managerial philosophy was to pick his best players and let them get on with it.  He wouldn't have told his best player - George Best - to play up front on his own. Mowbray needs to follow suit - choose his best XI and let them go out and play football. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

This is what confuses me. Roverfan99  has a point.

You say that yesterday you saw the team news and thought "he's dropped a so and so".  But you won't post that comment incase your view is proved wrong. Therefore you don't post your view at all. 

If you think the team he has picked is wrong, then there's nothing wrong with saying it. It's a messageboard to discuss Rovers !!!

I didn’t say I thought the team was wrong,I said he surprises us all, big difference but like I said he’s usually proved right, why should I post before the game when he knows better than me, now how does that confuse you, seen loads of comments before the game on here and also at the ground before the game thinking they all know better than the manager, but usually after the game they have changed their mind.

Just now, unsall said:

I didn’t say I thought the team was wrong,I said he surprises us all, big difference but like I said he’s usually proved right, why should I post before the game when he knows better than me, now how does that confuse you, seen loads of comments before the game on here and also at the ground before the game thinking they all know better than the manager, but usually after the game they have changed their mind.

It confuses me that on a rovers messageboard, you don't post your opinions because TM knows better than you. Therefore you will never, ever discuss if you think any team line-up, new signing, in gamd substitution etc..  is any good until we know how it pans out.

It confuses me that say you thought TM had 'dropped a so and so' when you saw the line-up, but also say you didn't think TM had got it wrong when you saw the line-up ?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Matt Busby's managerial philosophy was to pick his best players and let them get on with it.  He wouldn't have told his best player - George Best - to play up front on his own. Mowbray needs to follow suit - choose his best XI and let them go out and play football. 

Here we go again, when Ive mentioned on here we need to get behind Mowbray, all I get back is 99% back him, certainly doesn’t seem the case, think you’ve hit the nail on the head re Matt Busby, quite a few are living in a time warp.

When he was managing that’s what you did, best 11 same team every week, best team wins, times have changed and Mowbray luckily has moved on, along with a lot of other managers, Coyle etc haven’t, don’t think you and Mercer have as well, but we all have different opinions and that makes the world go round.

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

It confuses me that on a rovers messageboard, you don't post your opinions because TM knows better than you. Therefore you will never, ever discuss if you think any team line-up, new signing, in gamd substitution etc..  is any good until we know how it pans out.

It confuses me that say you thought TM had 'dropped a so and so' when you saw the line-up, but also say you didn't think TM had got it wrong when you saw the line-up ?

Think quite a lot confuses you.

6 minutes ago, unsall said:

Because that was our OWN opinion before the game that on this occasion proved to be wrong. The same opinion that was right before the Sheffield united game that makes for good debate and what being a football fan (especially on a message board ) all about. 

If we didn't post pre game because mowbray knows better then you can't post after the game because Tony has a long term plan and knows better. Therefore message board obsolete

• Like 4

Just now, unsall said:

Here we go again, when Ive mentioned on here we need to get behind Mowbray, all I get back is 99% back him, certainly doesn’t seem the case, think you’ve hit the nail on the head re Matt Busby, quite a few are living in a time warp.

When he was managing that’s what you did, best 11 same team every week, best team wins, times have changed and Mowbray luckily has moved on, along with a lot of other managers, Coyle etc haven’t, don’t think you and Mercer have as well, but we all have different opinions and that makes the world go round.

Certainly the game is more technical now and teams better organised and analysed but the best managers in the world cannot vouch for a forward who can leave 3 defenders for dead with a turn of pace of piece of skill. Point I was trying to make was Mowbray makes it far too complicated by playing players out of position and different formations instead of letting them show their natural ability. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, unsall said:

You say we all have different opinions but you are refusing to allow yourself one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Broke my nose years ago playing footie when I got a kick in the face. Completed the 90 mins. 

Got home, looked in the mirror, wrapped my  hankerchief around my nose and bent it back into shape.

Ached a bit for a few days but I played the following Saturday.

I expect Raya to do the same. 

He’d made a big deal of celebrating their goal in front of the away end and generally being a bit of a bell end so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’d intentionally left the foot in and then panicked when he saw what had happened.

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Missing the point. If we simply leave it to Mowbray then we have nothing to talk about except the things he doesn't control------parking, price and temperature of beer, season tickets and the like.

Don't play the victim here when its you who is hounding people for expressing criticism you don't like. Even Mowbray gets it wrong and people are entitled to say so. If you disagree---fine, but say why and how, not just "trust Mowbray" "Mowbray knows more than we do" and all that other fatuous stuff we hear over and over again.

One simple principle you can't seem to grasp is that everyone on here, apart from the odd Dingle, wants the best for Rovers. We're on here because we love the Club. You don't get that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, unsall said:

If that's what you feel you should do, then fair enough, but you go further that that and expect everybody else to behave in the same way. Then you get frustrated when they don't!

• Like 1