BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Stuart said:

If Raya wasn’t going to be first choice then you would think Mowbray would know who was - or even had someone lined-  up rather than some kind of Jedi mind trick motivation that backfired.

If Raya was told that he would now be competing with Leutwiler to start I could understand why he would have wanted to leave.

Question: does this situation reflect badly on Mowbray or not?

Depends on who we sign to replace him 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK so Mowbray just confirmed that Raya pushed for the move. 

So as a few of us suspected he was told he wouldn't be automatic first choice and then pushed for the move. Interesting. 

Commandment #1

"Tony can never do any wrong therefore thou shalt always find someone else to blame."

• Like 5

Depends on who we sign to replace him 

Let’s hope we sign someone.

Leutwiler and Fisher (with DJ also promoted) might signal that the taps have been turned off again. I hope we haven’t sold Raya to pay for BJ!

• Like 1

Need to spend some money now and invest in the defence and keeper, New Lb, Gk and Cb please Tony,

personally I think he doesn’t want to spend because it will add pressure onto his job, the guy couldn’t hit a transfer target from 2” aways with a longbow 

Just now, Stuart said:

If Raya wasn’t going to be first choice then you would think Mowbray would know who was - or even had someone lined-  up rather than some kind of Jedi mind trick motivation that backfired.

If Raya was told that he would now be competing with Leutwiler to start I could understand why he would have wanted to leave.

I think you ve already decided Stuart ..you don't  need to ask so  innocently .

Edited by HowieFive0
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Surely if he's been told he'll be competing with Leutwiler to start then he's nailed on to be the no1. 

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

I think you ve already decided Stuart ..you don't think you need to ask so  innocently .

I don’t think that Mowbray has our gk position particularly well no, do you disagree?

A lot of posters will defend Mowbray no matter what so I’m interested if this impacts them.

Never miss an opportunity to have a dig at me though, because that’s what matters. :tu: 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm guessing in fairness to TM. Raya was given enough chances to follow instructions/development for basic positioning/distribution etc. and ignored etc. TM became frustrated and opted for Leutwiler. I guess as a manager you have to feel that a player is listening to instructions/taking training/development on board and can move forward. If not i can imagine a manager might feel he has done all he can etc... 

However its probably an astute move to have someone lined-up if this is the case before moving a player on so mind boggles as to TM ACTUAL thought process rather than my hypothetical rants.

Just now, Stuart said:

There will be a new keeper in next week. TM obviously told Raya he wouldn't be automatic first choice because he was going to sign somebody else. Raya said he wanted a move, Leuitweiller got an extra year on his contract to be number 2.

Now Raya has gone, we are free to bring in a new number 1. There's money in the bank from the Raya sale, whether we use any, a bit or all of it on a keeper remains to be seen. 

Just now, Stuart said:

I don’t think that Mowbray has our gk position particularly well no, do you disagree?

A lot of posters will defend Mowbray no matter what so I’m interested if this impacts them.

Never miss an opportunity to have a dig at me though, because that’s what matters. :tu: 

Not a dig at you at all ..its not hard to see you ve made your mind up ..which you are entitled to . 

Albeit the question you asked  looks like you re hedging your bets ?

Maybe, but Mulgrew was dropped for the final 6 games. In fairness as well, while those guys for sure made errors,Rayas were hard to ignore or miss. The one against Birmingham was spectacular 

Don't get me wrong Raya made plenty of errors and £3 Million is good money for him if reinvested correctly. However our whole defence was shambolic last year and the only ones Mowbray singled out publicly were the 23 year old Raya and the 21 year old Nyambe. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Or I clearly meant signing on fee, clarified and edited to that at the time and there’s no need for you to constantly quote things I say to have digs for no reason ?

Every time I’ve a notification with your name on it, it’s either moaning or just constantly correcting and disagreeing with people.

It isn’t necessary and neither was this.

Or you were trying to pass bollocks off as a reputable story?

Can’t imagine you get that many notifications with my name on. Constantly is definitely a stretch. Any examples? The ones I can think of were correcting (actually questioning is a better description of what I did) you when you claimed Nuttall had played a lot more than Brereton. Someone else corrected you. And I disagreed when you said Brereton should be starting ahead of Graham. Still do. 

If you want to make claims that aren’t challenged or discussed, and want everyone to agree with everything you post I’d recommend twitter.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Don't get me wrong Raya made plenty of errors and £3 Million is good money for him if reinvested correctly. However our whole defence was shambolic last year and the only ones Mowbray singled out publicly were the 23 year old Raya and the 21 year old Nyambe. 

Ya, that is true and I think it was very unfair on Nyambe in particular. Mowbray is definitely quicker to critisice the young lads. Although I do remember after one game where Mulgrew was shocking and Mowbray did say he would expect a lot better from the more experienced players. Although he didnt go as far as naming Mulgrew. Publicly critisicing your captain though, it's a risky move. 

Bennett gets away with murder to be honest.

• Backroom

I'm sure I can remember TM have a pop at Travis as well. Then there was the infamous one where Reed was told he needs to be more like Evans and Smallwood. Really hard for anyone to defend that ridiculous comment tbf.

Just now, DE. said:

I'm sure I can remember TM have a pop at Travis as well. Then there was the infamous one where Reed was told he needs to be more like Evans and Smallwood. Really hard for anyone to defend that ridiculous comment tbf.

Travis was pretty much ostracized from first team action for 10 months after his sending off at Portsmouth.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Trialling Adam is just a waste of time. I’m sure Mowbray thinks that he will be a good old head to have in the dressing room but if it keeps a Davenport away from the bench or if we don’t have any defensive subs, it’s a problem.

I’d say using an extreme example of a five year, 50k a week deal to make a point is pretty hilarious. At 5k per week he’d be a waste of a squad place, and our squad is pretty poor as it is. We have about 12 midfielders, 3 strikers and 3 defenders. Another midfielder is not what we need. Especially one who looks like Bruce Willis’ dad.

Playing clubs like that is a waste of time. 

1 minute ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

There will be a new keeper in next week. TM obviously told Raya he wouldn't be automatic first choice because he was going to sign somebody else. Raya said he wanted a move, Leuitweiller got an extra year on his contract to be number 2.

Now Raya has gone, we are free to bring in a new number 1. There's money in the bank from the Raya sale, whether we use any, a bit or all of it on a keeper remains to be seen. 

Hope you’re right fella.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Not a dig at you at all ..its not hard to see you ve made your mind up ..which you are entitled to . 

Albeit the question you asked  looks like you re hedging your bets ?

So my question is disingenuous or I’m keeping my options open. Wow, looks like it’s lose-lose for me. :rolleyes: 

It was a question to those who back Mowbray. Does this situation make any difference to them? I got a very fair answer as it goes. And one I happen to a agree with.

Hearing that Raya wanted to go makes me feeling a little easier. He made some poor decisions and that must have affected the team's confidence. However, why did he want to go? Did he see it that we are a team going nowhere or was the pressure too much IF we are now going into first gear?