Jump to content
GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Surely money can be made available for another Brereton or Gallagher type, an impact signing 😂

Terrifyingly i wouldn't rule that out 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not my understanding of the tosin deal btw, I imagine he will move on sometime soon but there is nothing in place with us. Regarding the other loanee players still being on the website it’s simply because they were loaned at a later date so still with the squad when they made that- roberts was only loaned the other day 

 

as I reported last week brereton was told by mowbray to sort out a loan move, his agent has been branding his name around. Would mean samuel staying unless another replacement- cheap- can be sourced 

This is just fucking nonsense man and part of the reason I'm absolutely at my limit with this club. Other clubs have directors for this. Loan managers/analysts who scout and chose a good fit for them. We leave it onto the lads agent who no doubt only cares which deal is sweetest for him.

I don't particularly think Brereton will improve but going to ADO Den Haag and being coached by Pardew can't be much good for the lad. They are in a terrible position and I'd imagine a relegation artist like Pardew isn't going to save them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes something like this to finally realise Armstrong is a striker 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door

Big fan of Ronan Curtis would be great here, I believe his contract runs out at the end of the season no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door

Tell him to shake Brereton upside down and we might get some loose change. Either that or a goal...don't know which one I'd prefer.

Find the £2.5m for a guy that has accumulated over 30 assists in 3 seasons. Why sign Gallagher to play on the wing when there's literally a winger there for HALF THE PRICE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Tell him to shake Brereton upside down and we might get some loose change. Either that or a goal...don't know which one I'd prefer.

Find the £2.5m for a guy that has accumulated over 30 assists in 3 seasons. Why sign Gallagher to play on the wing when there's literally a winger there for HALF THE PRICE

Friendly well connected salesman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Big fan of Ronan Curtis would be great here, I believe his contract runs out at the end of the season no?

Yes but pompy gambling on promotion, asking for 3 mill, which we don’t have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Other clubs have directors for this. Loan managers/analysts who scout and chose a good fit for them. We leave it onto the lads agent who no doubt only cares which deal is sweetest for him.

This is literally how it will happen at every club, agents will look for loan moves aswell as teams enquiring directly to club. Player and agent will then decide where they think is best for them to go. 

some clubs (prem) will have staff that specifically keep up with their players out on loan. Championship clubs, it will likely fall to U23 manager/staff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2020 at 16:27, Paul Mani said:

Players Bought to get us out of League 1 getting phased out of our championship plans - seems straight forward enough.

Downing has been fantastic. Was the best player on the park yesterday and has surpassed most people’s expectations.

What was interesting yesterday was the reaction of PNE fans to Sinclair. You’d have thought they were bringing on Messi! Just highlighted the difference in expectation at the two clubs when you consider Rovers fans reaction to signing Holtby who is a far better pedigree and status.

Also of note, Patrick Bauer is CRAP. Wow, such poor mobility. Big cart horse type. Dodged a bullet there. Tosin much better. 

I've only seen Bauer once and that was on TV but my impression was he wasn't anything special at all. Worrying that we chased him for so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've only seen Bauer once and that was on TV but my impression was he wasn't anything special at all. Worrying that we chased him for so long.

My impression of him was that he is what a number on here were calling for earlier in the season as a typical championship stopper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

But if the rumour is correct that we have been bid for Maddison or other players than it would suggest we have some money. do you agree? 

 

Bit pointless if missing out on targets to the likes of Charlton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would any Manager come out and say we got loads of millions to spend? 

Do we money to spend like Brereton or Gallagher money? No 

But if the rumour is correct that we have been bid for Maddison or other players than it would suggest we have some money. do you agree? 

 

No it is a rumour and nothing more. We will see if we spend much but I wont hold my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he’s not the best, but he’s still only young. 7million is a lot and it was a gamble but the criticism Big Ben gets is disgraceful in my opinion. He came in barbers other day with his head down and barely said a word. If the rumours are true and he does go on loan. I hope it works out for him and proves us all wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Yeah he’s not the best, but he’s still only young. 7million is a lot and it was a gamble but the criticism Big Ben gets is disgraceful in my opinion. He came in barbers other day with his head down and barely said a word. If the rumours are true and he does go on loan. I hope it works out for him and proves us all wrong 

Criticism? Where? Online? Way of the world unfortunately if you mean abuse. However I don’t see why his very poor performances can’t be commented on on forums like this. 

At the ground he’s had very little, apart from a few idiots away from home, and that is credit to our fans considering the hype and price tag. Certainly wouldn’t be the case at a lot of other clubs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Venkys happy to pay (as always). They have one eye on FFP.
 

The only thing I’ve seen in relation to restrictions on money was TM saying we didn’t have the money to go out and replace Dack. Which at £10-£20m is kind of self explanatory. The other issue at play here is that they were also budgeting on selling more tickets and likely cashing in on Dack in the summer. But ultimately, we had a budget for this window and we still have it. Dacks injury and the form of Brereton and Gallagher means we now have to add an attacker.

Not skint. No restrictions imposed by the owners. Just business as usual.

Edited by Paul Mani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Yeah he’s not the best, but he’s still only young. 7million is a lot and it was a gamble but the criticism Big Ben gets is disgraceful in my opinion. He came in barbers other day with his head down and barely said a word. If the rumours are true and he does go on loan. I hope it works out for him and proves us all wrong 

Tbf the barbers like when you put your head down so they can cut your hair , not sure he would come bouncing in to get his locks chopped, he would look a bit mad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbf the barbers like when you put your head down so they can cut your hair , not sure he would come bouncing in to get his locks chopped, he would look a bit mad 

When you walk in there’s usually a wait you see 👍🏼 Funny comment though 🥴🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Yeah he’s not the best, but he’s still only young. 7million is a lot and it was a gamble but the criticism Big Ben gets is disgraceful in my opinion. He came in barbers other day with his head down and barely said a word. If the rumours are true and he does go on loan. I hope it works out for him and proves us all wrong 

Part of the problem. Get rid of the looks come back a new man. Forget the floppy hair and shit beard and run your bollocks off when it isn’t going your way. Up to the lad but doubtful he’s the desire to improve or put the heard yards in.

Everything about him smells of comfort zone. Needs to get a bit angry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why loaning out BB means we have to keep Samual. We would still have 3 strikers in DG, AA, and SG for one spot. Thing is, TM doesnt think of two of them as strikers. We have plenty of options in midfield and on the wing. Why not Chapman, or perhaps even Bennett playing in his natural position? Costello coming through the academy and even Parson is bemused that Mols is yet to get a chance. Rothwell, Downing, Bennett and Chapman alone is more than enough to cover wide positions while Holtby can have the Dack role. 

Get a LB in to free up Downing, a CB to cover the inevitable Lenihan and/or Tosin injury and perhaps try to sign a permanent experienced keeper. Can always loan a young lad to play striker too. 

Edited by JacknOry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you take Rhodes back? Curently attracting Wigan. He is a natural goal scorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would you take Rhodes back? Curently attracting Wigan. He is a natural goal scorer.

Can he play Right Back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

My impression of him was that he is what a number on here were calling for earlier in the season as a typical championship stopper.

I wouldn't swap him for Lenihan and I'm not 100% sold on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Part of the problem. Get rid of the looks come back a new man. Forget the floppy hair and shit beard and run your bollocks off when it isn’t going your way. Up to the lad but doubtful he’s the desire to improve or put the heard yards in.

Everything about him smells of comfort zone. Needs to get a bit angry 

Age old football problem.

Youbg lad gets big move, signing on wad and pay hike on long contract. Sets him up for life, football doesn't work out....so what he's ok for the next 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.