Oh well.

As long as we get more funny videos of Mowbray eating jammy dodgers and rappin'.

Another game where we can only play one decent half. First half was dreadful, totally insipid. Second half much better in terms of endeavour but unfortunately very little quality which meant we never really looked like scoring. 

Walton - 7 - did nothing wrong, made a couple of good stops and claimed the ball well when he needed to. Another solid performance.

Bell - 4 - looked nervous at times defensively, especially in the first half, and was terrible going forward. Attacks broke down often down his flank.

Tosin - 6 - some wayward passing at times, as is normal, but overall did OK.

Lenihan - 6 - struggled with Campbell at times but other than that did alright. His inevitable booking puts us in a difficult position.

Nyambe - 6 - drove at the Stoke defence to try and make something happen but nothing came off. Some poor passing too which would have cost us against better teams. 

Johnson - 4 - lethargic, didn't look interested.

Travis - 6 - worked hard as usual.

Rothwell - 5 - largely anonymous. 

Downing - 6 - played better in the second half when moved central, but no major impact on the game.

Gallagher - 4 - won headers but they went nowhere so as usual absolutely pointless. Was playing a hybrid of striker/right wing, but wasn't particularly effective in either role. Watching him out wide in the first half especially was painful. Can't understand why Mowbray persists with this.

Armstrong - 5 - ineffective. 

Big Dom - 5 - he was on the pitch briefly.

Rankin-Costello - 5 - he was on the pitch briefly.

Graham - 5 - he was on the pitch briefly.

Swansea on Saturday pretty crucial now. Fail to win and I think we can forget the playoffs, although the reality is we aren't going to make it anyway. Not good enough when push comes to shove. 

Edited by DE.

Typical Rovers.

Glass ceiling still in place.

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

This is Tony allover 

He'll be happy with his point against a team who have a very good chance of going down.

Tony completely to blame.

Dropping Dom Sam.

Playing Gally

Playing Rothwell

2 must win games. 2 points. 4 chucked away. pathetic.

Disappointing....mind you we've been here before so I should've expected it.

Great defensive display by Stoke. We miss Dack on nights like this. 

How the fuck was there not a riot(or even much booing) when the ref said 3 minutes extra time at the end of the game? At least 7min by my count 

Gotta say Stoke battled very hard, were organised and had a lot of men behind the ball. We aren't good enough to break down the bad teams. That's our downfall this season.

I haven’t been able to watch the match tonight but it sounds like a frustrating and dispiriting 0-0. It’s the sort of game we needed to win at this stage of the season so it can’t go down as anything other than a disappointing result.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How the fuck was there not a riot(or even much booing) when the ref said 3 minutes extra time at the end of the game? At least 7min by my count 

because there are only 6 thousand on and most of them prefer clapping.

Yes, I am very disappointed in today’s result. 

We’ll get ‘em next time...have to get 3 vs. Swansea.

Sponsor
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He could’ve put up 37 and I still would t have fancied us to score. One of them days.

If anyone thinks there is anyone to blame for this match but Tony they are off their fucking head. 

Disappointing but we struggle when teams sit like that. Thought we took to long to bring on our subs today. 

This Lucy dick just said it was another clean sheet. What a fucking paid up member of the wankers running our club.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Opportunity missed. Think this is why I get power frustrated when people start touting us for the play offs as when we get near and have a home game we should be winning, we bottle it. Frustrating as fuck.

A repeat of Wigan at home all over again. I said before the match we'd see how far we've come by the end, and the result gives us that answer. 

Desperately needed some creativity today. Changes came too late in my opinion. 

A lot of poor games there. Travis stand out as per - what a player. 

Well that was a surprise. In sight of the play offs and then bottle it. Just like against Wigan. So boring and so predictable. Be nice if our 5 million striker scored a goal at Ewood at somepoint.

Just now, Miller11 said:

He could’ve put up 37 and I still would t have fancied us to score. One of them days.

Maybe, Butland is a very solid keeper. Makes a huge difference for a team playing that defensively 

The result I feared against hull, completely toothless. Playoffs bye bye, Fulham and forest are now gone. 

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony completely to blame.

Dropping Dom Sam.

Playing Gally

Playing Rothwell

2 must win games. 2 points. 4 chucked away. pathetic.

And the results went well for us last night. Preston, Brentford, Bristol all getting beat.

We needed a win to catch up.