BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are you like that to any player link most of the time that you don't know or based on one opinion or fans opinion like on Adarabioyo or Downing. 

Did the same with Muric before based on one game on TV. 

Why don't you give them a proper chance?

I thought we'd agreed you wrote Dowell off after seeing him play once against Rovers?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phili said:

At any normal club with normal owners these things would be true.

I still struggle to see why Venky's keep us and if they want to get promotion why they haven't gone for it.

The rumours are they always want to go for it but seems they might have been talked into the slow build instead. Which is double talk for give us time and we'll grow your investments to sell for lots of money.

The slow build is the slow boat to nowhere but if sales eventually recoup enough to pay for it all they'll not bother in the slightest.  You'd think at least one of them might be a bit more ambitious in their thinking though.

• Like 1

Reading some quotes from Lenihan this morning and I'm starting to believe we might get Tosin back. That would be incredible in my opinion. 

Downing back, a gk then and we are laughing! Lb to follow also 

That would do for me, get the young lads integrated then like Butterworth, Wharton and Vale. 

5 hours ago, rigger said:

I would be happy with just signing a decent keeper.

A decent keeper Tosin and a left back would be enough for me in these challenging times. Vale I like and I really like the look of Butterworth from what I have seen. Looks raw, brave and maybe even a bit Rooney esque 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reading some quotes from Lenihan this morning and I'm starting to believe we might get Tosin back. That would be incredible in my opinion. 

That would do for me, get the young lads integrated then like Butterworth, Wharton and Vale. 

I'd love to get Adarabiyo back, but I really hope our strategy isn't reliant on that. We can't afford to wait all window for City to decide on that one.

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think Wharton needs to move somewhere permanently, he must be pushing 22 now and has never featured for us really.

It feels like Wharton should be ahead of any of the other young centre backs we have (Magloire, Grayson & Carter)

He should be getting some time during pre-season to see if he is up to it at least.

• Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

It feels like Wharton should be ahead of any of the other young centre backs we have (Magloire, Grayson & Carter)

He should be getting some time during pre-season to see if he is up to it at least.

Grayson shouldnt even be considered professional.   Without doubt a product of being a player/managers son.  

Wharton is on another planet in comparison. 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A decent keeper Tosin and a left back would be enough for me in these challenging times. Vale I like and I really like the look of Butterworth from what I have seen. Looks raw, brave and maybe even a bit Rooney esque 

I read that article...nothing in it that suggests Tosin will be coming back here?

Just Lenihen talking him up saying he believes he has the quality to get a chance with City?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think Wharton needs to move somewhere permanently, he must be pushing 22 now and has never featured for us really.

Was speaking to my mate who is friends with him earlier and he said it seems like Wharton is preparing for life away from Ewood next season, which is a shame unless we’re planning to loan him to a league 1 club this time.

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those are old quotes from the end of the season. He wont come back.

4 minutes ago, schoey said:

Was speaking to my mate who is friends with him earlier and he said it seems like Wharton is preparing for life away from Ewood next season, which is a shame unless we’re planning to loan him to a league 1 club this time.

That's a shame. Mowbray seems to just completely disregard some talent.

Or treat academy talent badly. E.g. constantly picking Bennett ahead of Nyambe and then laying into him in the media.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that I dont want us to loan a young goalkeeper in. We do not want someone in such a critical position learning on the job for someone elses benefit.

I would imagine Sheffield United fans may not share your views after their experience of a young loan keeper. They’ve had two pretty useful seasons out of him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The loan system has prepared him, why let him go now.....bonkers

I agree, I was talking in terms of his career progression more than anything. 

Moreover, if post the Covid break, we had no intentions of going for a play off place, we had a dozen games to see what our youngsters (21 plus year olds) were capable of or not without fear of relegation. Come the close season, we would know who may be up to it or not and that should have driven our recruitment policy and who we release.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Lets hope we ain't in Sasha Petshi or Bengali Fode Koita territory

Koita was one of the least intelligent footballers I have ever seen. He has, however, gone on to score a few for Kasimpasa in the Turkish League this season.

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd love to get Adarabiyo back, but I really hope our strategy isn't reliant on that. We can't afford to wait all window for City to decide on that one.

I think it's clear the lad isn't going to break through at City.

At 22 and after two seasons' loans at WBA and Rovers, the lad's agent needs to do him a favour and find him a permanent deal somewhere. 

28 minutes ago, schoey said:

The lad is almost 23 and I think it's clearly time for Rovers to either sh1t or get off the pot where Wharton is concerned.

For me, he isn't a Championship player.

Well, this transfer thread is already 91 pages long.

It's going to be a long old summer and sadly, I think we'll be feeding off crumbs falling from someone's table.

It's galling, frustrating and sad, however, at least the sun's breaking through and it's a glorious day tomorrow so I'm off for a pint or two, followed by a wine or two and a bite to eat.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Well, this transfer thread is already 91 pages long.

It's going to be a long old summer and sadly, I think we'll be feeding off crumbs falling from someone's table.

It's galling, frustrating and sad, however, at least the sun's breaking through and it's a glorious day tomorrow so I'm off for a pint or two, followed by a wine or two and a bite to eat.

What sort of wines your tipple Mercer? 

A nice 2002 South African Merlot? 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We’ve heard that one before....

• Like 1