BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton a tough test

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

"Owen Coyle and his players have 18 games to try and salvage enough points to stay in the second tier, and Senior admits it’s important for the club and the community that Rovers remain a Championship side next season. "

was 18, now 8.

Otherwise no change.

poor game management = going down (as per business plan)

Only now it will be enormously more painful because we have been given hope.

At least with Coyle, I was resigned to relegation from before the first game of the season.

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Senior admits thoughts have already turned to the summer, and revealed that A and B lists of targets have been drawn up dependant on which division Rovers find themselves.

You say that like it's a bad thing?

39 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Cant be bothered explaining it to you. If you don't know whats going on I will leave you to your happy thoughts

Sorry but Senior having two lists of players targeted depending on which division we're in is sensible. I'm sure you can come up with a better stick to beat Senior with...?

3 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Senior admits thoughts have already turned to the summer, and revealed that A and B lists of targets have been drawn up dependant on which division Rovers find themselves.

Kerching A lesser kerching B.. That's all the car sales man is bothered about 

This is what really gets on my nerves these people have no connection to the town or club whatsoever.. The last time we were on the brink of the third tier we were run by people who lived and breathed BRFC even though they didn't have millions at their disposal they were rover's fans at heart 

3 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

If Venkys had any ambition at all (ignoring all that has gone before us) they would go after the A list even if we went down.

I predict a C list.

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Cant be bothered explaining it to you. If you don't know whats going on I will leave you to your happy thoughts

Let me get this right, you want to share opinion but you can't be bothered explaining it?

Do you expect people to take you seriously if that is the case?

This is the match thread. I'm no mod, but since I take an interest in this site I'd rather see match discussion in this thread, opposed to more smoke and mirrors scandalmongery that's better suited to the other threads.

You may be new here, (something that I very much doubt, congratulations on mastering DNS software whoever you are, and since you offer no explanation, I feel no need to explain why I think that) but standard respect of discussion shouldn't need to be requested.

In other words, grow up or put a sock in it.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Only now it will be enormously more painful because we have been given hope.

At least with Coyle, I was resigned to relegation from before the first game of the season.

Ironic really Philipl

The players who I regard as key to our survival ie staying fit and playing-Mulgrew, Hoban, Gallagher, Emnes, Joao (and probably William because we have no cover in his position) were all Coyle signings. Add to that that they forced the sales of Hanley and Duffy and gave him none of the proceeds to reinvest still tells me that all our problems have been caused from 'upstairs' rather than on the pitch to a large extent.

Not being a Coyle apologist before anyone starts but just think its important that it is recognised.

If the worst happens its down to venkys more than either of this seasons 2 managers IMO.  Just saying....  

Now thinking Rovers will fluke a 0-1 win at Brighton

Mulgrew to score late on and yes direct from a free kick. A repeat of Toon

Brighton will have at least 65% possession and 20 plus shots but the gods are smiling on Rovers.

I am of sound mind and sober and I mean this.

COYB COYB COYB

MOWBRAYS BLUE N WHITE ARMY

FECK OFF VENKYS

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, RV Blue said:

Sorry but Senior having two lists of players targeted depending on which division we're in is sensible. I'm sure you can come up with a better stick to beat Senior with...?

I completely agree, it is nice to see us having two sets of plans based two potential scenarios. It will be nice to not be caught running around like headless chickens- no pun intended.  

.....................Steele

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

....Bennett Guthrie Lowe Conway

.......................Emnes

........................Joao

Same as Preston for me. If we get to 60ish minutes and either drawing or winning I would take Emnes off, put Bennett in the middle and put Feeney out wide. Please only bring Mahoney on if we need a goal Mowbray!

If we can beat Newcastle twice under Coyle and win at Old Trafford under he who shall not be named, then we can get something tomorrow. Hope we do as I'm still gutted about the last minute equaliser two weeks ago....

• Backroom

A real shame we drew our last four matches. Even a couple of extra points would have taken a bit of pressure off this game. If we'd beaten any of Cardiff, Norwich, Fulham or Preston we'd be sitting 19th as opposed to 22nd, with three teams needing to overtake us before we slipped back into the relegation spots.

Fine margins.

Archived