SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still un-certain on what the ticket details actually are.

From what I've read on the website it says that you can buy four tickets per person.

I have five away stubs as with my mate and two others both have one.

So either me and my mate who both have five stubs could buy four tickets on either of our season tickets?

I think you're being a bit optimistic there! laugh.gif As I read it, and as was announced last night, it is as follows:

ST holders with TWO away stubs have priority on 7th/8th February

ALL ST holders can buy tickets between 9th and 14th February.

Opeb sale from 15th February

It is ONE ticket per season ticket and each season ticket holder must have purchased TWO different away tickets this season. Each person can buy up to FOUR tickets in one transaction - this would mean you would need four different season tickets and a total of EIGHT away games - two per ticket. You can buy four at a time so friends can sit together and Rovers only have to deal with one-quarter of the phone calls/applications.

Somehow I think the rest of us would be a bit unhappy if you just needed two stubs to get four tickets wink.gif

Somehow I think the rest of us would be a bit unhappy if you just needed two stubs to get four tickets wink.gif

Cheers for that.

I don't blame people for being un-happy if that was to happen.

Fair is fair and I'll be buying my set of tickets first thing on Monday morning.

I still don't think we'll sell out though.

Damn, I am going to have to post. Wonder how long it will take for Golden Boy to criticise? Still, never mind.

USA (I'm not referring to you by the way) perhaps some of them sing it incorrectly also. During the 80's and 90's I worked in Burnley, Nelson and Accrington and had many friends who were Dingles, although they were simply known as Bastar*s then. Even back then we had this same debate. All those I talked to sang WILL we play etc. Now at the time we were old Second Division and they were generally Third and Fourth. I asked a good mate as to why he sang WILL because that meant (in their eyes) they would never play us again, in effect acknowledging our superiority. (No, nay, never no more, WILL we play Bburn Rovers, no, never, no more). He used to give an embarrassed laugh and say he didn't know as it didn't make sense.

Virtually every Rovers fan around me in the Bburn End sings Till we play etc but why Till? We are Prem League and they are Championship? We'll never play them again (the song isn't meant for the Cups).

On a side issue, I was telling my lad last night about the trips to Burnley in the early 70's in the Lancs Cup games and friendlies. Blackburn railway station was awash with hundreds of Rovers fans making their way to Burnley. If you imagine the number of people in the concourse under the Bburn End last night 15 mins prior to kick off, that was what the station was like. None of this "I'm going to sh!t myself so I'll go on the coach" rubbish. You just turned up in numbers and went. Service train or car. Never the coach. In those days, however, there were no "Nouveau Rovers fans" just local lads for whom the Burnley game meant everything.

On a side issue, I was telling my lad last night about the trips to Burnley in the early 70's in the Lancs Cup games and friendlies. Blackburn railway station was awash with hundreds of Rovers fans making their way to Burnley. If you imagine the number of people in the concourse under the Bburn End last night 15 mins prior to kick off, that was what the station was like. None of this "I'm going to sh!t myself so I'll go on the coach" rubbish. You just turned up in numbers and went. Service train or car. Never the coach. In those days, however, there were no "Nouveau Rovers fans" just local lads for whom the Burnley game meant everything.

ARISE SIR LEFT BOOT THE ABSTER SALUTE YOU smile.gif

Damn, I am going to have to post. Wonder how long it will take for Golden Boy to criticise? Still, never mind.

USA (I'm not referring to you by the way) perhaps some of them sing it incorrectly also. During the 80's and 90's I worked in Burnley, Nelson and Accrington and had many friends who were Dingles, although they were simply known as Bastar*s then. Even back then we had this same debate. All those I talked to sang WILL we play etc. Now at the time we were old Second Division and they were generally Third and Fourth. I asked a good mate as to why he sang WILL because that meant (in their eyes) they would never play us again, in effect acknowledging our superiority. (No, nay, never no more, WILL we play Bburn Rovers, no, never, no more). He used to give an embarrassed laugh and say he didn't know as it didn't make sense.

Virtually every Rovers fan around me in the Bburn End sings Till we play etc but why Till? We are Prem League and they are Championship? We'll never play them again (the song isn't meant for the Cups).

It is generally sang till at Burnley these days those the correct Burney version is will.

Remember at the time of its emergence we were the team in the higher league and I think (though I may be wrong) you had just been relegated, which perhaps explains your till, though as you say today it seems odd.

I think the use of till also explains the importance of these matches to the fans, even today (perhaps excluding your "Nouveau Rovers fans").

I will be honest and say beating Blackburn is the most important result in any season where we play you - and I would say the same if our roleswere reversed.

I grew up singing songs with lines like 'we will fight forever more because of Christmas day'.

A friend I was a school with was filmed hanging from the bars, the famous ay we took the roof off your stand. You can safely say (especially bearing in mind the somewhat painful defeats last time) that I cannot wait for this game. Not because I expect to win, I know we are the underdogs and that it will be one hell of a challenge for us, but because this game is what football is all about.

longsider ....see i can be friendly hee hee.........ITS NOT CHRISTMAS DAY ITS BOXING DAY

should i park up the side street where my car got baseball batted back into shape where my teeth got almost reaarranged until i drove straight down the footpath nearly runninng over dingles rovers and coppers without a care as 30 chased me .....funny now but not then...........

balls to coaches ......gannow is good lush ....or was should i say.

tis true, in my haste to post I used the wrong holiday - oh well

I could relate the tale of when a group of grown men chased me one christmas period - i don;t say boxing day because whilst it probably was I seem to think it was nearer the 28th? - when I was around 13 and had just got my new BMX, as you say funny now but.......

Truth be told there are as many Burnley fans with tales of the good a kicking they have received as there are Blackburn.

Still I don;t expect this one to be any prettier than the last meeting. Police out in huge numbers, innocent fans treated like animals because of the few mindless numpties, limited opportunity for the crack (again because of the numpties)

My only worry is that this becomes to big again. At the end of the game (or replay if required), win or lose it will become history and as such not as important as the next game.

Mind it would still be nice to see a counter saying 0 years, 0 months, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes since Burnley beat Blackburn - Oh the Joy

ARISE SIR LEFT BOOT THE ABSTER SALUTE YOU smile.gif

Fun days them, the trepidation, the adrenalin. No tickets, pay on the gate had to be there early doors to make sure you weren't locked out of the Longside. Cheap ale (decent too) at the back of the Logside. We usually arranged a van or a convoy of cars for travel. Being in Accy there was always fireworks whether it be at Home or Away. The joy of victory the mind numbing depression of defeat. Twas grand, hope this one will be too. I'd hate it, just hate it if they beat us. You'll hear about nowt else, nothing else would count the last three decades would suddenly disappear in their eyes so it is very much a must win game.

If we play like we did against Chelsea I reckon we will be alright.

One comment what sort of clarrot spends 6 quid to watch Rovers play, you could not pay me 6 quid to watch them muppets unless they are playing us, won't do it, just not right is it.

Should be a corker either way, hope at least they can make it competetive this time, hope we can win with a scabby goal, the more painful it is to them the better. Go two goals down, roar back to win 3-2 in the last 5 mins something like that would be nice biggrin.gif

Some one has has managed to get on a Burnley website as I hate Dingles BRFC is is giving them grief...very wicked but it is funny www.fansfc.com/Burnley..This is a good website for all clubs

A good website? Let me check the poll on this site....Who will win the premiership

Chelsea

7.02%

Arsenal

5.54%

Man Utd

5.43%

Liverpool

11.90%

Newcastle

19.58%

Everton

18.38%

Spurs

26.01%

Other

6.09%

WTF? blink.gif

Does anyone now if the game will be shown in Sydney anywhere? Preferably in Kings Cross?

Not too sure about pubs in the Cross, but I'm sure that One World Sports at Darling Harbour will have it on (if the game is on TV here).

Maybe a get together of the Sydney based fans could be organised? rolleyes.gif

Nice one.

Whatever happened to the legions of boys that used to follow Rovers home and away? The same ones who were referred to as 'mental' by the self styled nutters of Millwall in THAT seventies documentary?

Some of the old boys I talk to (in their 40's and 50's now) say they hate how the game has become more of a family event than a boys day out. They hanker for the poor football, old terraces and squalid conditions of yesteryear.

Jack Walker has so much to answer for... wink.gif

I remember being on Blackburn railway station when a Burnley supporters "special" went through on its way back from another away defeat.

Burnley fans were hanging out of the windows (you could in those days) throwing anything and everything at the poor folk on the platforms. I ducked underneath the old steamship that used to be on display on the main platform to avoid being hit by one of their missiles.

Nice people.