BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom At Home

cn174

Just a comment following watching Sky's Match Choice last night....

When Kuqi scored his second goal, the camera soon panned over to Hughes as he double high-fived with Bowen and in the background at the throat of the tunnel was Craig Bellamy with both hands in his pockets and not any expression of joy on his face at the certain killing off of the game and a well earned 3 points for the Rovers.

We know he's a class player but have we bought a player who doesn't give two hoots about the team unless he's central to the game??? I was dissapointed to see his lack of enthusiasm to this victory. I'll cut him some slack this time as he may have just been ticked off with his injury but surely a little applause for the victory wasn't too much to ask for!!!

tinykit.gif

Edited by Esulx

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Kuqi scored his second goal, the camera soon panned over to Hughes as he double high-fived with Bowen and in the background at the throat of the tunnel was Craig Bellamy with both hands in his pockets and not any expression of joy on his face at the certain killing off of the game and a well earned 3 points for the Rovers.

We know he's a class player but have we bought a player who doesn't give two hoots about the team unless he's central to the game??? I was dissapointed to see his lack of enthusiasm to this victory. I'll cut him some slack this time as he may have just been ticked off with his injury but surely a little applause for the victory wasn't too much to ask for!!!

tinykit.gif

350832[/snapback]

Nah, I wouldn't read anything into that. You find lots of managers who don't flinch one iota when their team scores. Doesn't mean they aren't interested, does it!

tinykit.gif

350832[/snapback]

You can't read anything in that, Dickov didn't seem to thrilled when the second went in either. It's a case of ' it should've been me ' smile.gif

I can understand the frustration at Tugay. I think most of us know now that amongst all his fantastic passing that he has the 'odd' game where his standards drop badly.

For me though, the good outweighs the bad with Tugay.

I can understand the frustration at Tugay. I think most of us know now that amongst all his fantastic passing that he has the 'odd' game where his standards drop badly.

350874[/snapback]

The same cant be said for Reid.

Emerton changed the game yesterday some excellent runs making space for other players, some great crosses and great link up play with Lucas. Something which no other player in the team has, lucas and bretts understanding should make bretts inclusion on the RW next game a must, with Bentley partnering Savage in the centre.

You can't read anything in that, Dickov didn't seem to thrilled when the second went in either. It's a case of ' it should've been me ' smile.gif

350864[/snapback]

i think Dickov would have missed though, he's not a player thats mastered one on one with a keeper

The same cant be said for Reid.

Something which no other player in the team has, lucas and bretts understanding should make bretts inclusion on the RW next game a must, with Bentley partnering Savage in the centre.

350878[/snapback]

Bentley has done well in giving Emerton a challenge for his place in the team but for me the jury is still well and truly still out on him. Fraid I cannot see much to rave about yet.

bit harsh, Bellemy was probably depressed about being injuried, i doubt he was going to be jumping for joy, i know if i was inured "again" i would probably be gutted

350852[/snapback]

when I met him outside Ewood after the game he didn't seem too depressed, he was very nice and in a good mood! he didn't limp either so I hope it's not too serious, although I don't mind if he misses the internationals cool.gif he will only pick up another injury there..

350874[/snapback]

west brom playing 5 across the middle mate, doesn't leave too much room to operate. the first 80 minutes of the game they totally cancelled us out. in saying that though when we scored it was thoroughly deserved.

Very much a case of all's well that ends well on Saturday.

After such a great result at the theatre of merchandising you would have expected us to come out really buzzing but conversely the first half was appalling, as bad as anything I can remember under either Hughes or Souness. No obvious enthusiasm, commitment, movement off the ball or anything. The non stop contribution of Savage was sorely missed during this period.

The second half saw an increase in tempo, plenty of huff and puff, but no real improvement until the introduction of the 2 substitutes Emerton and Mokoena on 65 minutes. For some reason we then finally found the real urgency and desire which had been lacking for the previous hour, permanently penning the Baggies back on the edge of their area.

Nevertheless with 15 minutes to go it looked like being a thoroughly unsatisfactory afternoon. I had just been thinking how Kuqi and Dickov looked as though they didn't have 5 goals in them between them all season when Kuqi suddenly pulled out a great header from out of the blue for the first. A few minutes later he was gifted a second and everyone goes home happy.

Excellent result but we'll have to play a lot better than that most weeks to get anything. The best thing was obviously the two goals for Kuqi. I'm still far from convinced by him but you can't help but like his attitude and the added confidence derived from the two goals might just help him discover his touch and lead to a big improvement in his performances.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

bit harsh, Bellemy was probably depressed about being injuried, i doubt he was going to be jumping for joy, i know if i was inured "again" i would probably be gutted

350852[/snapback]

It could be an extremely good sign that Hughes has convinced every player, Bellamy included, that his place is at risk if he doesn't/isn't able to perform and other players take their chance(s).

Todd certainly is finding that out. When fit again, Matteo, Gresko, Amo and Tommo are facing the same problems, probably starting with the Liverpool game if noises from the treatment room are accurate in predicting they will all be available.

Bentley has done well in giving Emerton a challenge for his place in the team but for me the jury is still well and truly still out on him.  Fraid I cannot see much to rave about yet.

350895[/snapback]

He's not a right winger, nor will he ever be which is the reason for his average performances of late. I tell a lie, its due to his lack of work ethic, be it natural or due to the fact he's sulking about being put on the right wing. You'll see a better player once he gets a chance to play in the centre (preferably with Mokoena to give him the freedom to play), which might be sooner than you think given Tugay's and Emerton's recent performances. Fair credit to Hughes, putting pressure on Burt and putting his most talented players out, but the experiment hasn't worked - mainly because the lad doesn't want it to.

You'd think I'd be on the back of this lazy, egotistical, me player, but he's a talent and in our situation beggars can't be choosers unsure.gif

Who needs wardrobes.......... laugh.gif

350859[/snapback]

Andy Payton, where else would he hide when the plod come calling? ohmy.gif

Good to see Rovers winning three in a row, is this the first time since Stead was on fire eighteen months or so ago? Annoying though that just as we are running into good form we are interrupted by the internationals. mad.gif

He's not a right winger, nor will he ever be which is the reason for his average performances of late. I tell a lie, its due to his lack of work ethic, be it natural or due to the fact he's sulking about being put on the right wing. You'll see a better player once he gets a chance to play in the centre

350924[/snapback]

IMO Bentley is way to lightweight to play centre midfield in a 4-4-2 formation, although he might provide the creative spark form central midfield in a 4-5-1 set up.

Just want to add that I was very impressed with Kuqi after watching the WBA game on telly. He held the ball up well, and made some good runs, I think we might see him get atleast a couple more goals this season.

Edited by krislu

Andy Payton, where else would he hide when the plod come calling?  ohmy.gif

Good to see Rovers winning three in a row, is this the first time since Stead was on fire eighteen months or so ago? Annoying though that just as we are running into good form we are interrupted by the internationals.  mad.gif

350925[/snapback]

Well last time we won two league games in a row was the back end of last season, not sure about three games in a row in any competition.

also, more Rovers fans sitting in the Darwen end.

And does anyone know how many WBA actually brought? Lee??

350735[/snapback]

WBA sold 2138 tickets prior to the game, and sold a further 144 on the day at the ground, meaning 2282 in attendance.

TSomeone asked a question about the School incentive scheme, 93 + 12 teachers were on the £5 in £3 back scheme.

You'd think I'd be on the back of this lazy, egotistical, me player, but he's a talent and in our situation beggars can't be choosers unsure.gif

350924[/snapback]

Bothroyd was all that and much more of a talent too, but what is it about ex-Arsenal prodigies? Are they simply stupid enough to believe their own (agent based) publicity? The next Bergkamp ffs?!? Do me a favour.

As for playing him with the Axe ahead of Savage........ not a chance...... not unless we are drawn against part timers in the FA cup that is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.