BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shabani Nonda Signs

Actually attended two matches... Just not this season.

Oh and FYI, this argument wasnt actually about a footie 'match', Stu was right and i was wrong, or should i say the website was wrong... :tu:

Sorry, can't be arsed reading what it's about in detail. You obviously have no concept of "LEAVE IT". You're boring us all, and annoying regular contributers. Unless you have something useful or informative to say, PLEASE stop the whining on this particular thread.

Edited by Jan

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fee shouldn't be too exorbitant, but what will his wage be? I fear he'll be wanting Roma money (which is probably quite a bit) and not something more down to what he's worth.

If the fee and the wage were sensible I don't see why we wouldn't sign him and depending upon Derbyshire's progress we wouldn't have to worry about the striker situation every damned summer like we have the past few years. It'd be nice to have some semblance of stability up front for a change...

I think he'll realise that he doesn't have too many options open to him. I can't imagine that he was on that much when he was in France and so his short spell at Roma will be his only exposure to very large wages (I seem to remember hearing 35k a week).

I think he'll realise that he doesn't have too many options open to him. I can't imagine that he was on that much when he was in France and so his short spell at Roma will be his only exposure to very large wages (I seem to remember hearing 35k a week).

Surely this is not a problem at this moment in time. We have until the end of the season to see how things pan out and for MH and JW to make their decision. Hopefully by then the situation will be much clearer and it will be resolved accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

Its hard to see us keeping hold of Nonda. I think Sparky will be looking to hold on to Benni Mac and Derbs in the Summer, and hopefully Roberts will show something when he gets back to justify some optimism in him for next season.

Nonda in fairness has done OK. How many goals has he scored - I think its 5? If he gets 10 by the end of the season in a semi-support role it'll be perfectly acceptable - problem is he's played more often than perhaps we all would've liked.

All of that said, if Benni can get himself up to 20 goals, and Nonda and Derbyshire can get 10 each, you've got to be happy with the 3 of them for the season. If Sparky chooses to keep him I will be pleased enough, if he doesn't it's just another opportunity to look for some new blood.

We can't lose.

Gotta say that Nonda (at the moment) appears like Roberts but without pace and effort. His hold up play is probably as good as Roberts, and control slightly better - but Roberts makes up for that in effort IMO. Can't wait for him to be fit again - giving us either Roberts or Derbyshire to come off he bench against tiring defences - as opposed to Nonda or Jeffers.

Nonda in fairness has done OK. How many goals has he scored - I think its 5? If he gets 10 by the end of the season in a semi-support role it'll be perfectly acceptable - problem is he's played more often than perhaps we all would've liked.

thing is he should be well into double figures now ,he misses for fun and lacks composure,like i said before hes a black grabbi...grabbi took far more slaggings off this message board and probably had more about him than none doh....

Hughes must see something we dont and in hughes we trust.

After today's game it suggests that Robert's looks the more likely favoured partner for Benni. In terms of impact for time on the pitch I'd say Robert's is ahead at the moment, and whilst he hasn't scored he does unsettle the defence more, and create more openings we can capitalise on.

Nonda seems the definition of an almost player. He get's loads of chances but many lack conviction and power. If we could get his shot's to have a bit more venom about them I'd be very happy to have him here on a perminant basis. Considering the improvement of Bentley between this season and last, or MGP from when he first arrived or the improvement of Ooijer over the past few months, it may well be that the best of Nonda may come next season. Hughes' record of whether to stick with them or let go has been pretty good so far so I'll trust his judgement on this one.

Ideally though I'd swap Nonda and Jeffers (Derbyshire does his role better) for Mido who seems likely to move away in the summer.

Hopefully so, few odd goals here and there doesn't justify the lacklustre performances, lack of skill and ability and the fact that he really doesn't compliment our #1 striker McCarthy in any way. Agree with joey that Roberts and Derbs would be good choices for #3 and #4, all we need is a starting partner for Benni.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.