BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

I thought Jussi was booked as well, time wasting.

Looks like Rovers got it spot on. Fortune was booked for time wasting, wellying the ball back past Jussi after he had messed around with the ball boy. He wasn't booked for the penalty. Nolan was booked for arguing then got a staright red for something he said to the ref after the second penalty. Hunt was booked for a foul immediately after Fortune's booking.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ball boy looked more like a man than a boy!

He rolled the ball to Diouf rather than throwing it to him.

I think he was a photographer. Good bloke whoever he works for.

from one who gets regularly 'ganged up' on

I didn't know you were into that kind of thing Theno ;)

Absolutely gutted, my prediction was Rovers giving them a stuffing 4 nil and it should have been more.

I have never had anytime for Bolton, I didn't have any feelings for them until now, they are a disgrace.

How their supporters can get excited about them I will never know. If they jag a CL spot I will be waiting in anticipation for a group draw against Barcelona, Milan, Madrid ect. The boring 5-5-0 style they play would be tactically smashed apart by the continents big boys.

How their supporters can get excited about them I will never know. If they jag a CL spot I will be waiting in anticipation for a group draw against Barcelona, Milan, Madrid ect. The boring 5-5-0 style they play would be tactically smashed apart by the continents big boys.

Can't think many would have staked much of their hard earned on a 4-0 bet. Our CL representatives down the road Lpool didn't suss em and Sam n' Phil wouldn't who care either with another 15m in the bank.

PIE WATCH

The new pies are not up to scratch. The chicken baltis are way too sweet, had one at the City game, and to make sure it was not just a bad batch, had another one at the Wigan game (ironically). Still sweet.

Switched to cheese and onion yesterday, suffice to say the trades description people should be taking an interest in the title of this poor effort. The pastry was bizarrely soggy and too dry at the same time and the filling looked pensioners spaff.

NEXT WEEK

Ozz tries the old standard Meat and Potatoe. Watch this space.

I have to say that I really do like the Meat & Potatoe Pie this season.

Also very kind of the bolton fans walking back up the hill to the car park to remind me that I had eaten 1 or 2 too many :P

Well the Bolton fan here at work finally rolled back into day after having yesterday as a holiday - and has to be fair been complimetary of the Rovers.

So after explaining it was Charity at Ewood day (honest ;) )

Excellent Idea of Rovers re ticket prices - would appear to be the common thought amongst their fans also and they hope it can be reciprocated in the game at their place.

Rovers should have won - agreed

The ref was awful - agreed

The ball did not cross the line - he says it didn't cross fully ( understandably) - although my only view thus far has been from the BB End

The atmosphere was great - agreed partially - thought they where a bit quiet for their numbers

They are up there and have yet to play well really (except for the Liverpool game) -agreed

Their style of football doesn't please the eye - he agreed but they play to their strengths - an they will play better he says (see Liverpool above and comment below)

However - without compost they would probably struggle.

What's happened to Nolan - pointed out his moaning instead of concentrating on the game (England mentions) got to his head

Their two central defenders and ours had a good game

Anelka is class - disagreed

DIOUF IS A PRICK - he agrees

Looks like they still have their loons - Notlob now just Nob again (see post above - K dropped so they can understand it better) :P:brfc:

Now i don't know if this bears any significance, but hopefully it will and will be the same for Rovers fans also but with the atmosphere and mostly decent game, its got the Bolton fans 'starting to feel the 'buzz' again and not just because they are in the position they are in -but I feel that probably helps.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Friend of mine who went to his first game for a couple of seasons, said that the outstanding player for him was Ooijer.

Anyone else think likewise?

yep Ooijer is really getting there..our back four seems to have developed a very good understanding between each other. tbh, it wasn't easy for Ooijer when he first came to Rovers. Playing for a new team, and in a new back 4 line up which was new to Emerton, Zurab and Neill as well.

The BWFC comments………….

First of all the game, yes we road our luck a little, but any team that misses 2 penalties in a game doesn’t really deserve to get much. You’re right Blackburn had chances and the goal that wasn’t was dubious but BWFC had their chances. Lets not forget Diouf hit the post and should have done far better when through in the first half.

As for style of play you can only play with the players you’ve got and more importantly can afford. Half the premier league teams seem to be of the view that Bolton should turn up, play in a very entertaining 6-2 defeat and be quite happy!

Some of you seem to be forgetting that the only reason you’re ever seen players such as Shearer at Ewood and some of the players you’ve got NOW is all down to Mr J Walker and his legacy. Realistically with the attendances at Ewood (and that’s not slagging you off) do you really think you’d even have some of the players you’ve got today if they weren’t being ‘subsidised’?? Let’s not forget you paid £7m for Kevin Davies, we got him for nowt!

Nine games in and we’ve conceded 1 goal from open play out of 4 conceded and we’re 3rd in the league….if you think all that’s down to luck then so be it (show’s your lack of knowledge of the game in my book!). I’m more than happy for BWFC to carry on being ‘lucky’ as I’m quite sure you’d settle for Blackburn being ‘lucky’ if you were in the same place as us!

As for Diouf, you seem to becoming obsessed by hurling abuse at him more than supporting / commenting on your own team. Walking out of the Bolton end to witness Blackburn ‘fans’ giving a statement to a WPC of how is behaviour was inciting the crowd was laughable!

Lets be honest do you think Dioufs made a complaint to the police about all the abuse he was receiving throughout the game????

As in any walk of life if you can’t handle getting some abuse back then don’t give it in the first place! Let’s not forget you’ve got that little angel in your side, one Mr Robbie Savage!

Don’t get me wrong I’ve no doubt Rooney and Ronaldo will get lots of abuse at the Reebok on Saturday. Am I going to complain or do I expect other BWFC fans to complain IF they score and proceed to give some ‘abuse’ back to the supporters??

No, it’s called banter and what makes football great chaps!!!!!

Prestonwhite-you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it-EHD is a complete tool.

Does a good job for Bolton though, so you back your own every time, much as we do with Robbie, although Sav has done well in reigning in his childish behaviour over the last 12 months. I would like to think if Hughes had the Senegalese Physco he would educate him.

As for the match, again everyone knows you got out of jail and carried the governers telly out with you on Sunday, again fair enough I would have been happy if the situation was reversed. :)

Not sure how long you'll stay in the top three for though, good luck and hope Gartside sees sense and charges us £15 next year!

Some of you seem to be forgetting that the only reason you’re ever seen players such as Shearer at Ewood and some of the players you’ve got NOW is all down to Mr J Walker and his legacy. Realistically with the attendances at Ewood (and that’s not slagging you off) do you really think you’d even have some of the players you’ve got today if they weren’t being ‘subsidised’?? Let’s not forget you paid £7m for Kevin Davies, we got him for nowt!

The Walker trust money has all but dried up now, and if you look at Bolton's and Rover's squads I would say that there isn't too much difference in transfer money paid, albeit Anelka's purchase making up a large difference.

TV money, prize money, and a few transfers (notably Dunn 5.5 million, Duff 17 million, Bellamy 6 million) have provided the transfer budget over the last three years or so. The last 'Walker Trust Purchase' was probably Andy Cole who we didn't see any return on as Souness gave him away for free... None of the Walker Trust bought players are still at the club with the exception of Tugay (Cheap at 1.5 million), Niell (Cheap at 1.25 million) and Friedal (Free!).

So we don't have any financial advantage over you lot.

Friend of mine who went to his first game for a couple of seasons, said that the outstanding player for him was Ooijer.

Anyone else think likewise?

I thought he had a good game, although perhaps not our best player. I'd have given it to Nonda or maybe Emerton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.