BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Backroom

It's not really surprising that Mrs. Murphy would stick up fiercely for her husband but perhaps discretion is the better part of valour right now.

As for Appleton's decision to banish Murphy that's been shown to be a rash decision by the 2 Millwall games.

We might have got away with it in the League if Jones keeps up his level of form to date but in the 2 Cup games during which we offered nothing in midfield, we needed Murphy.

Don't be so dense, Rev. Remind yourself what Murphy has contributed over the course of the season - if you're having a temporary bout of amnesia, the answer is nothing. He'd have been as ineffective if not more so than anybody else we've used in that position. Our problems run far, far deeper than dropping Murphy, which was and still is the right thing to do.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did not just say bad stuff about Rovers fans. She also said, if we knew the truth, we would be shocked. Which suggests something else going on at the club.

Interesting. Although I take what the scorned woman says with a pinch of salt.

Could it be that Appleton is preparing the groundwork for administration by getting the big earners out of the way early? He wouldn't want another Ben Tal Haim...

Exactly

Yep. Once the truth emerges from the murky hidden recesses of the FA, the Football League, Blackburn's mayor, an ex Home Secretary who has parlimentary privilege to say absolutely anything without any comeback, and Danny Murphy's wife, it will shake the football world to its foundations. Any day now.

You're getting misty eyes there, Rev. With Murphy playing Dunn wouldn't have been. We would then have lost the only bright spark about last night.

Anyone who "came to the club because of Kean" was ways going to end up leaving the club under a cloud.

Actually, Dunn probably wouldn't even have got on the pitch were it not for injury to Adam Henley at Millwall.

Appleton preferred the disastrous combination of Pedersen and Lowe. Pedersen with anyone is a no hope recipe but at least Dunn strove manfully on his own to do what he could last night. However don't pretend it was a tactical masterclass by Appleton.

Actually, Dunn probably wouldn't even have got on the pitch were it not for injury to Adam Henley at Millwall.

Appleton preferred the disastrous combination of Pedersen and Lowe. Pedersen with anyone is a no hope recipe but at least Dunn strove manfully on his own to do what he could last night. However don't pretend it was a tactical masterclass by Appleton.

No Rev, but are we pretending their have been many of them with Murphy playing? Personally don't think it would have made any positive difference at all. Until we play three in the centre and stop playing with a man down in that area we will struggle to retain possession, create chances and score in open play.

According to the article in this paper http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/blackburn-rovers-face-humiliation-in-henning-berg-high-court-judgement-29145453.html Murphy is back training with us, It also states he was signed by Singh. Given his attitude under Appleton and Berg and his wifes twitter comments does any body else think he came here under the impression he was going to take over the reigns once Kean was potted?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had promised him that he could do some coaching development (like Dunny) but have gone back on thier word.

I can't see him getting back in the team, the fans would be very quickly on his back (and rightly so) if he turned up with the same poor atitude and commitment.

From the LT article:

Ironically, given the Berg claim, Murphy’s recall has helped Rovers to avoid shelling out an estimated £2m as the midfielder is understood to command at least £35,000 a week in wages.

Now which genius gave him THAT contract and sold Nzonzi for £2.5m?

Is it Shebby? I don't care lets blame Shebby

You know Tom , I'm coming round to your way of thinking, blame Singh for everything and get rid of him first , then there is no fall guy for the supporters to point at and once Keanesque style celebrations have died down Snake and his front can be seen for what they are and no hiding place for their actions.

• Backroom

You know Tom , I'm coming round to your way of thinking, blame Singh for everything and get rid of him first , then there is no fall guy for the supporters to point at and once Keanesque style celebrations have died down Snake and his front can be seen for what they are and no hiding place for their actions.

But it probably was Shebby after all we are meant to praise him for paying £6m for Rhodes so he was clearly in charge of the petty cash

But it probably was Shebby after all we are meant to praise him for paying £6m for Rhodes so he was clearly in charge of the petty cash

As with my previous post, with you now , got my pitchfork and torch Burn him!, Singh out all the way, dropped a glass today and that was his fault too passed the details onto Aggers , think it's in the papers tomorrow Singh glasses Rovers supporter, Shaw next , leave Agnew till last?

Please. Pretty please Gary Bowyer do not put the useless Murphy back in the team. We have some crap but he is the pits.

And while you are at it play Dunny whenever he is fit.

Danny Murphy has been terrible at this club, both in application and quality, make no mistake.

However I would argue that Jason Lowe and Morten Pedersen worse. And I think we have seen, for all the (deserved) stick Murphy got, and whilst his position as a scapegoat was understandable, we haven't improved on the pitch, I don't think we have won since he was dropped, and if Bowyer feels his experience is helpful then I don't think booing him from the offset will be a wise idea.

Ideally Jones, Murphy and Dunny in central midfield would be a trio that can start to get the ball on the ground and out pass opponents.

My hope is being dropped will have given him a kick up the arse, and then Bowyer subsequently stepping him will give him a bit of a boost.

Danny Murphy has been terrible at this club, both in application and quality, make no mistake.

However I would argue that Jason Lowe and Morten Pedersen worse. And I think we have seen, for all the (deserved) stick Murphy got, and whilst his position as a scapegoat was understandable, we haven't improved on the pitch, I don't think we have won since he was dropped, and if Bowyer feels his experience is helpful then I don't think booing him from the offset will be a wise idea.

Ideally Jones, Murphy and Dunny in central midfield would be a trio that can start to get the ball on the ground and out pass opponents.

My hope is being dropped will have given him a kick up the arse, and then Bowyer subsequently stepping him will give him a bit of a boost.

I said we had some crap but both Lowe and Pederson are infinitely better than the totally inept Murphy.

Archived