BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

How much more of this has to go on for the FA to step in?

Its a complete joke!

Almost laughable.

I think most people on here need a reality check. As long as nothing illegal or contravening footballing regulations has occurred then there is nothing for the FA to get involved in, no matter how incompetent or how much of a laughing stock the owners are making us look. It's not for the FA to babysit Clubs or run them for them.

I agree with meadows when he says it is well past the time for Glen to **** or get off the pot. It's probably unfair to allege that the release of these stories has been timed to cause us maximum embarrassment with 2 crucial games coming up but In so far as Blackburn Rovers have become a circus BRAG are a major part of that operating from within Ewood Park whilst plotting to bring down the owners. We've been hearing "I know something you don't know" innuendo from the likes of him and Philip for nigh on 2 years now about the supposed smoking gun which is going to bring Venky's down, but nothing ever comes of it.

Let's explode one myth right now, no-one's house liveliehood etc is at risk if you run a factual story which you can back up with hard evidence. If you can't back up your case you don't publish, it's as simple as that and not rocket science. Libel laws are there for a reason, if you could say something about someone (even if true)without needing to back it up, it's no different really to anyone being able to make absolutely anything up about someone and not being held accountable for it.

As for the story about the Portugese lads I'm not even sure the agents fees are the main issue there, although they do seem very excessive for the quality of player concerned. The main issue is that it appears that whatever he might say they were bought in by Shebby Singh without the knowledge or consent of former manager Steve Kean. And were probably grist to the mill of Kean's subsequent constructive dismissal claim.

Does it all make us look incompetent and ridiculous? Yes. Is it a matter for the FA? No unless the payments to the agents were either illegal or contravened FA regulations in some way.

Yep----all we need to do is get behind the lads.

Unbelievable comment, it's obviously not going to magically put everything right but we're certainly better trying to rebuild from the Championship as opposed to League One!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't see any hitch in "another massive story" released to coincide with a couple of vital homes game we are virtually doomed if we don't win

Sh!t or get off the pot, man, you've played your games long enough

thing is all that is all well and good if you have players who care, who put a shift in, owners who have a clue and fans that will be the 12th man. The last game i purposly didnt sing and said i would see how much passion the people who say get behind the team would muster and raise the team. Well frankly it was venky poor and if thats how how not arsed the back the team could do well enough said. It seems the venkys have now took a huge jab ,it needs following up with a one two and then a massive knockout blow.

At the end of the day everyone is saying venkys are this and that and now it looks like maybe just maybe some truths are coming home to roost and people are sticking their fingers in their ears and making rasberry noises and blocking it out.Personally i want the truth of it all out ,do you?

Someone somewhere must have given him authority to do this. He didn't just walk in off the street and take over ( then again...). Venkys have gone from being shafted by Kean & Tantric to being fleeced by Malaysia's answer to Jeff Stelling although to me the former were dodgy, the latter just an imbecile.

hes not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as jeff stelling . Jeff knows more about footbal through Hartlepool than shabby could ever know. :)

I think most people on here need a reality check. As long as nothing illegal or contravening footballing regulations has occurred then there is nothing for the FA to get involved in, no matter how incompetent or how much of a laughing stock the owners are making us look. It's not for the FA to babysit Clubs or run them for them.

I agree with meadows when he says it is well past the time for Glen to **** or get off the pot. It's probably unfair to allege that the release of these stories has been timed to cause us maximum embarrassment with 2 crucial games coming up but In so far as Blackburn Rovers have become a circus BRAG are a major part of that operating from within Ewood Park whilst plotting to bring down the owners. We've been hearing "I know something you don't know" innuendo from the likes of him and Philip for nigh on 2 years now about the supposed smoking gun which is going to bring Venky's down, but nothing ever comes of it.

Let's explode one myth right now, no-one's house liveliehood etc is at risk if you run a factual story which you can back up with hard evidence. If you can't back up your case you don't publish, it's as simple as that and not rocket science. Libel laws are there for a reason, if you could say something about someone (even if true)without needing to back it up, it's no different really to anyone being able to make absolutely anything up about someone and not being held accountable for it.

As for the story about the Portugese lads I'm not even sure the agents fees are the main issue there, although they do seem very excessive for the quality of player concerned. The main issue is that it appears that whatever he might say they were bought in by Shebby Singh without the knowledge or consent of former manager Steve Kean. And were probably grist to the mill of Kean's subsequent constructive dismissal claim.

Does it all make us look incompetent and ridiculous? Yes. Is it a matter for the FA? No unless the payments to the agents were either illegal or contravened FA regulations in some way.

Unbelievable comment, it's obviously not going to magically put everything right but we're certainly better trying to rebuild from the Championship as opposed to League One!

Yep, only God almighty can save us now. The FA certainly won't do a thing. Venkys are "committed" to their total ignorance and don't seem like they will be going anywhere. They already got rid of everyone at the club that would have protested. Now all we're left with is outside voices like Garner and Jansen lamenting what has happened to us, but no one can stop the rot.

thing is all that is all well and good if you have players who care, who put a shift in, owners who have a clue and fans that will be the 12th man. The last game i purposly didnt sing and said i would see how much passion the people who say get behind the team would muster and raise the team. Well frankly it was venky poor and if thats how how not arsed the back the team could do well enough said. It seems the venkys have now took a huge jab ,it needs following up with a one two and then a massive knockout blow.

At the end of the day everyone is saying venkys are this and that and now it looks like maybe just maybe some truths are coming home to roost and people are sticking their fingers in their ears and making rasberry noises and blocking it out.Personally i want the truth of it all out ,do you?

I think that's exactly what meadows was saying.

Yep, only God almighty can save us now. The FA certainly won't do a thing. Venkys are "committed" to their total ignorance and don't seem like they will be going anywhere. They already got rid of everyone at the club that would have protested. Now all we're left with is outside voices like Garner and Jansen lamenting what has happened to us, but no one can stop the rot.

And yet even now the blueprint to salvation is both remarkably straightforward and yet not easy to achieve at the same time.

1) Appoint the right manager. (The intangible element)

2) Provide said manager with a workable or better than average transfer budget for whatever level we're at. (The bit you can control)

It would probably also help if the 3 stooges were replaced by a couple of experienced football administrators all singing from the same hymn sheet. I've never met Karen Silk but everyone seems to speak quite highly of her. Perhaps her and someone else could do the job.

And yet even now the blueprint to salvation is both remarkably straightforward and yet not easy to achieve at the same time.

2) Provide said manager with a workable or better than average transfer budget for whatever level we're at. (The bit you can control)

It would probably also help if the 3 stooges were replaced by a couple of experienced football administrators all singing from the same hymn sheet. I've never met Karen Silk but everyone seems to speak quite highly of her. Perhaps her and someone else could do the job.

Good plan, but I think you have to put the last bit first, in order to attract the right manager.

1. Sack Shaw, Agnew and Singh.

2. Appoint proper footballing people (John Williams, Tom Finn) to the board.

3. Appoint the right manager (as determined by a proper board- not the circus we have now).

4. Provide a modest transfer budget.

5. Limit board/manager meetings with the owners to once a year.

Didn't Shabby at some time say it wasn't important about the experience of players as long as you signed plenty, or words to that effect. At the time (roundabout when he first arrived|) I thought it was something of an odd comment. Guess his experiment failed tragically here.

The fundamental point here is that it will not happen under Venkys. To even suggest that it COULD is ridiculous at this stage.

The fundamental point here is that it will not happen under Venkys. To even suggest that it COULD is ridiculous at this stage.

That might well be right if either Venky's have lost so much credibility that no-one at all of any calibre would come, and/or the goons currently in their employ are incapable of either coming up with or agreeing upon a decent appointment.

All that said, money still talks at the end of the day. And the possibility of a lucrative pay off for a relatively short stay with the outside world thinking your dismissal is not your fault but that of Venky's is unlikely to put many off.

Salvation? What do you call salvation Rev? I hope you don't mean getting the club back to where it was before Sam was sacked - do you? I'm sure you're wise enough to see that his sacking along with that of Williams/Finn Et al means that you and me might never see top flight football at Ewood again. My fear is that we're now back to the position where any decent manager would be off as soon as a club with more potential (i.e. virtually every other club) comes calling - along with any decent player we might stumble across. That's how it was for 25 years before Jack Walker turned the club around with a massive cash injection.

You (I)do(/I) see how much damage has been done here, don't you?

That might well be right if either Venky's have lost so much credibility that no-one at all of any calibre would come, and/or the goons currently in their employ are incapable of either coming up with or agreeing upon a decent appointment.

All that said, money still talks at the end of the day. And the possibility of a lucrative pay off for a relatively short stay with the outside world thinking your dismissal is not your fault but that of Venky's is unlikely to put many off.

Money talks? You do realise the likely financial problems we are facing - serious cost cutting will surely have to take place before the club goes to the wall.

• Backroom

Some good stuff on www.sportnw.co.uk including a surprisingly sensible and sympathetic angle from a Burnley supporter journalist writing on Rovers' plight

Shameless plug there

Shagnew and Shabby still playing hot potato with a ticking time-bomb.

Both of them must be @#/? themselves,the welfare of this club,an important focal point for the whole town,a distant second to their personal egos and petty one-upmanship.

This whole situation is a total sham,a disgrace on a level never before known at this once proud club.

We the fans can only look on in horror...

Guest Norbert

Now, is it for certain that a big poo will be hitting the fan this weekend (Glen and Phillipl implied this sort of thing a few pages ago), and more 'exclusive revelations' will be in the papers, or is this depending on whether the dark forces have succeeded with their legal letters and threats?

Now, is it for certain that a big poo will be hitting the fan this weekend (Glen and Phillipl implied this sort of thing a few pages ago), and more 'exclusive revelations' will be in the papers, or is this depending on whether the dark forces have succeeded with their legal letters and threats?

a big poo will be hitting my loo this weekend, I'm not sure about anywhere else, we have had plenty of "big stories" that will kill off Venkys/Kean/Shagnew etc. in the past, none that I can remember have come to fruition

Kamy has said on Twitter that the Daily Mail might have another article tonight online about Shaw this time.

Shebby and Shaw must be taking turn who is the headliner for the story lol

Not sure how far mail will go with shaw story, but quite explosive and it may run a few times this week

Right I thought I better put some meat on the bones & share this vital piece of information Last night I attended the official blackburn rovers disabled supporters end of season bash due to my visual impairment spoke to our very own parson blue for a very long time about our predicament at the club and I can confirm Ian Sylvester was there and before any of you ask I did not speak to him personally I was told who he was and I can also confirm he seemed fairly relaxed met with our disabled supporters even had a chat with Kevin Gallacher who was there presenting the awards. soz I can't give everyone more info but just thought you might like to know that he was definitely in attendance.

Archived