BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

Meadows and Co,if you're really upset about our chances of winning the next 2 home games then why aren't you having a go at the owners?

They are the ones who've taken the manager to India and truly affected our preparation.

Well said Gav by the way.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than a bit of "willy waving" and the occasional "self preserving" plopping yourself at the entrance on away days - Glen is in this for the right reasons

Agnew - proven to be a hanger one, out of his depth, and his defence of Kean is unforgivable.

Shaw - still one of the only directors in our club with any experience, yet seems to make mistakes. I think his job following the simon hunt as a "deputy" has been ultimatley impossible. Especially with the backlog of @#/? and the deaf ears above him.

Silvester - proven club facilitator

Silk - I don't know?

Shebby Singh - proven in every single way he is incompetent. Stupid comments to press and fans, proven manipulator, a mouth piece of the ridiculously out of touch owners, being paid millions for a role he invented, signing randoms from your friends in portugal, etc etc

Essentially, Spin is rife - has been for 2.5 years, and you can only really trust the fans.

The Mail story may not be news to us but it may stir up some interest out there. We have been promised massive exposes so many times before though and nothing has materialised. In my view things can't get worse, we are on a fast track to ruin, so anything that causes a stir can only benefit the club in the long term. Better to just have a huge rumpus and pick up the pieces after rather than a death by a thousand cuts.

Timing isn't an issue either, we can't be any more destabilised and demoralised than we are now as a club so what difference can it make?

The Mail story may not be news to us but it may stir up some interest out there. We have been promised massive exposes so many times before though and nothing has materialised. In my view things can't get worse, we are on a fast track to ruin, so anything that causes a stir can only benefit the club in the long term. Better to just have a huge rumpus and pick up the pieces after rather than a death by a thousand cuts.

Timing isn't an issue either, we can't be any more destabilised and demoralised than we are now as a club so what difference can it make?

Exactly - football has never been a priority under this lot, that ship has long sailed.

Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter who the manager is of Blackburn Rovers anymore, we are doomed to failure with these clowns in charge.

If Mrs D and her looney brothers had ‘any’ sense, they would sack Shebby and Shagnew now and ask John Williams back (or appoint someone who actually knows how to run a football club). Until they actually realise this, we’ll just end up in more and more debt, have a squad of overpaid, overrated players we can’t shift and tumble down the leagues.

Personally, I would rather Venkys spent their money on a decent management team and give a very modest transfer budget. I would be much happier with some freebie journeymen who will fight for the cause and bring our youth through, than pay for the likes of Murphy and Etuhu who have done absolutely nothing.

But this is Venkys we’re talking about, they don’t see sense. They take advice from idiots like Shebby and Shagnew and then wonder why we pay so much in agent’s fees, why are the team doing so badly and why supporters want them out. But then on the other hand to sack them means losing face and admit they were wrong. I think it’s now apparent to everyone that Venkys would rather avoid this, they won’t swallow their pride and take action, they will just continue to stick their head in the sand whilst our great club rots.

We may all point the finger at Shebby and Shagnew but it’s Venkys who have appointed them and trusted them to run the club. They can see what is happening financially and on the playing side – but they continually choose to ignore what is staring them in the face. I just cannot work out the fact that they are supposed to be from a successful business background in India, yet they seem incapable in making basic business decisions in regards to the football club they own. It just beggars belief.

The Portuguese signings have just not worked and should never have been signed when we needed experience .

However when you put things into perspective

Kean brought Murphy , Best and Etuhu to the club , they were his signings .

The Anderson first window our agent fees were £4.4 million so 650k is a drop in the ocean if just one had worked out .

The sad thing here is we have wasted more money paying for a scouting network which has been totally ignored .

However rovers are not in

The relegation zone because they spent 650k on Portuguese players .

They are there cos , Kean bought poorly , then this last window we brought more junk in and shifted out our creative players .

Would also point out that the directors negotiate contracts at Blackburn Rovers

Sickening you standing by Shabby here. You honestly believe that this £650 K doesn't matter? Or the principles behind it? Or the acumen of the man authorising this.

£650 K for no marks who never should have been brought due to an utter lack of quality and never should have commanded such agent fees when there was no other demand for them is outrageous.

Yes there's a lot more wrong at Rovers than this - but to say this is nothing shows a shocking agenda.

Mind you, the article probably has an agenda and a fair bit of Agnew involved to turn up the heat too.

One question I'd love you to answer Glen: doo you honestly think Shebby is good for the club?

I think there were 5 or 6 clubs that would offer Murphy a one year deal last summer - but we offered more cash and two years. 4 years for Etuhu is also imbecilic. No legs in Chumpionship was never going to work with those two together, with Dunn too (between visits to the treatment table).

Issue is how can we get rid of them ? Sat on big cash which they won't get anywhere else so best is can hope to loan out and pay a proportion of wages.

Roque good example - £90k a week at City, Wayne Bridge another.

We can't just get rid of these jokers which makes it all so painful when we sign them.

From the limited stuff I've seen of best he looks v.poor - Kean signing say no more.

This is the worry. And all three are at the end of the road football wise so have no incentive to clear off and play football.

Personally I can see these guys becoming the equivilent of our kanu, Ben Heim etc. whose wages crippled Portsmouth for so long. Not that I blame the players for taking such contracts - who wouldn't?

When Shebby first arrived, I was under the impression he was a middleman between BRFC and Venkys, the man to report to if a matter concerned the owners, the Indian Media and to assess the shambles under Keans managerial reign. With his basic understanding of the football industry and his no nonsense approach he seemed a decent appointment to be India's eyes and ears in Ewood. I don't understand why he can't just be that?

Why he is interfering with players, contracts, appointments, sackings... Why does he have his role?

When Shebby first arrived, I was under the impression he was a middleman between BRFC and Venkys, the man to report to if a matter concerned the owners, the Indian Media and to assess the shambles under Keans managerial reign. With his basic understanding of the football industry and his no nonsense approach he seemed a decent appointment to be India's eyes and ears in Ewood. I don't understand why he can't just be that?

Why he is interfering with players, contracts, appointments, sackings... Why does he have his role?

Someone somewhere must have given him authority to do this. He didn't just walk in off the street and take over ( then again...). Venkys have gone from being shafted by Kean & Tantric to being fleeced by Malaysia's answer to Jeff Stelling although to me the former were dodgy, the latter just an imbecile.

Shagnew and Shabby still playing hot potato with a ticking time-bomb. I don't care if 'cheer the boys on' fans are worried about the on-field consequences, I hope it explodes soon and gets ugly. More national embarrassment and scrutiny from the press is only gonna get us closer to getting rid of some of these morons. As fans we're gonna have to suffer more of the chemo to get rid of the cancer, possibly even have to suffer league 1 football and administration, but it's gonna be worth it at this rate.

It's beyond belief that we pay Shaggy half a million pounds a year to know absolutely nothing, cause absolute chaos, and jog round in his @#/? stupid tracksuit. I went to the KGH event last summer and have feared him ever since. I don't believe a word he says to anybody. He is another that will never get another job in football after this, he has well and truly embarrassed himself.

• Moderation Lead

Shagnew and Shabby still playing hot potato with a ticking time-bomb. I don't care if 'cheer the boys on' fans are worried about the on-field consequences, I hope it explodes soon and gets ugly. More national embarrassment and scrutiny from the press is only gonna get us closer to getting rid of some of these morons. As fans we're gonna have to suffer more of the chemo to get rid of the cancer, possibly even have to suffer league 1 football and administration, but it's gonna be worth it at this rate.

It's beyond belief that we pay Shaggy half a million pounds a year to know absolutely nothing, cause absolute chaos, and jog round in his @#/? stupid tracksuit. I went to the KGH event last summer and have feared him ever since. I don't believe a word he says to anybody. He is another that will never get another job in football after this, he has well and truly embarrassed himself.

Indeed. At this point, I'd take anything right now, whether that be points deduction, relegation or whatever, just to get rid!!

All I want is the pride back.....

You get the feeling that if we stayed up with the skin of our teeth the whole circus would just then carry on and this time next year we would be in a similar position. Maybe involving a few different characters but the same old charade under Venkys. Go down and the whole thing will probably explode, Venkys etc have to pull their heads out of the sand at some point and relegation would mean that probably. Sadly it could also mean the end of the club although i doubt it just yet.

Archived