BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum, Brum, 29/12/13, the debate goes on!

I like Maj's lineup to see how it does but the only problem is, if it's not working, we could only really change it to Rochina and Cairney out wide so it's not ideal in that respect.

Could be a potential masterstroke though; lots of creativity, Cairney in the centre, two fullbacks who can provide the width, Rhodes wouldn't be isolated, defensively solid in the middle.

It could definitely work.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Maj's lineup to see how it does but the only problem is, if it's not working, we could only really change it to Rochina and Cairney out wide so it's not ideal in that respect.

Could be a potential masterstroke though; lots of creativity, Cairney in the centre, two fullbacks who can provide the width, Rhodes wouldn't be isolated, defensively solid in the middle.

It could definitely work.

I only did it so I could get in the xmas tree formation

Btw, anyone spot the mistake...?

BA45E884-B87F-40C6-83B9-7929D29E0327.jpg

Ha. More classic stuff from the let. I bet if looked closely enough you could find a ridiculous mistake on every page (not that there's that many pages these days). My all time favourite was when we played Bolton once and think it was Andy Cryer who kept referring to Jaaskelainen as gretar Steinsson even though Jaaskelainen was bolton's keeper for best part of 15 years and Steinsson a right back.

I would go for this line up

Eastwood; Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Lowe, Cairney; Marshall, Rochina, King; Rhodes.

subs:- Kean, Kane, KIlgallon, Williamson, Taylor, Dunn, Gestede

I wouldn't start with Dunn cos he just back from Injury and I like his experience for Leeds away game to start in that game

Dunn not fit anyway.Did his hamstring in training-tweak not a afull blown job-but wont play again until after Man City.Told by mates he was in the Black Bull at brockhall last night and thats where it came from.By the way he wasnt doing anything he shouldnt have been before the roof falls in on here.

Good on you Bucks!

Pity but I cannot make this game, nor can any of the group I go with.....mind you we will still be counted in the so called match "attendance".

I hope Bowyer gets it right this time and actually has a plan b, c or d if required rather than his one dimensional approach.

Come on Rovers, pull your fingers out against these scummers.

I decided to have a look at current form and while I'm no fan of statistics it seems this game has draw written all over it:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sheffwed/form

The other point which struck me from these figures is just how big the task ahead is. We are top three in the form table but if same form where to be repeated over the next six games would only gain 2-3 points on the clubs above us. Extrapolate this and we will probably scrape the play offs. Starting Sunday we need a run of form similar to Derby County - 16 from 18 - can anyone see this happening? I can't, which is why under the present setup we will remain average at best.

I decided to have a look at current form and while I'm no fan of statistics it seems this game has draw written all over it:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sheffwed/form

The other point which struck me from these figures is just how big the task ahead is. We are top three in the form table but if same form where to be repeated over the next six games would only gain 2-3 points on the clubs above us. Extrapolate this and we will probably scrape the play offs. Starting Sunday we need a run of form similar to Derby County - 16 from 18 - can anyone see this happening? I can't, which is why under the present setup we will remain average at best.

I think the bigger stat is the fact that Birmingham have drawn their last 2 games 0-0. Add to that our latest result, our 3 home scoreless games, our newly ability to keep clean sheets and finally our struggles to score. This is another potential bore draw I'm afraid and as a previous poster has stated that 9/1 is available, it has to be the bet of the day. My tenner is about to leave my wallet!

I agree with you on this, I don't condone booing but lets be fair everybody shows frustrations in different ways and to be brutally honest it was a tiny percentage for no more than 5 seconds. Yet after the game the (tiny amount of) booing became a large part of the press conference and some how back page news!

The last time Bowyer chose to have a little nip at the fans was when we started to get a little frustrated that Kean made a big mistake every game, he said he wasn't impressed with us but the very next game Kean had another stinker and was dropped. Maybe we aren't so fickle!

I can't think of another manager in the Championship who would not play Rochina if he was available to them. We need his flair. That's why we don't score enough goals.

I would go for this line up

Eastwood; Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Lowe, Cairney; Marshall, Rochina, King; Rhodes.

subs:- Kean, Kane, KIlgallon, Williamson, Taylor, Dunn, Gestede

Surprisingly Chads, for once, I'm going to agree with you! Go at them all guns blazing and take the game by the scruff of it's neck.

I'm perhaps a little tempted to put Taylor in for Marshall, to give us a bit more defensive stability (think King's pace will terrorize them) but otherwise we need to be going on the offensive. A win is desperately needed here.

Dunn out injured now. around 3/4 weeks

There's a surprise.

I can't think of another manager in the Championship who would not play Rochina if he was available to them. We need his flair. That's why we don't score enough goals.

Blimey it must be Christmas, as I'm agreeing with you too Al. Totally agree that we need a link up player for Rhodes to work well, and Rochina is the only one with the flair and creativity to do so, and bring the midfield into play. Yes he's inconsistent and frustrating but there's no one else who's fit who can do that role.

It's getting ridiculous now. A 60 minute cameo every six weeks does not justify his wages. As talented as he is, this needs to be his last contract with us.

Rochina must start today IMO.

I agree. I also think if rochina doesnt start and we get gedeste again many will be frustrated before a ball is even kicked and thats never a good start.

I thought Gedeste showed some real good link up play in the 1st half against shef weds, got the ball into Rhodes feet a few times in dangerous areas, Rhodes was just a little slow to react and should really have done better.

Gedeste seems to have all the attributes that Rhodes lacks and Visa Versa! not sure if this is a good or bad thing, bur if we did have a player that had the full set of combined attributes, then they wouldn't be here long(if at all)

Archived