BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Wigan have a nice run in in terms of playing teams which almost certainly don't absolutely have to beat them in the games they play against Wigan in the order in which they come.

Whereas our next two opponents will be totally wound up in life or death struggles against us.

Just now, philipl said:

Wigan have a nice run in in terms of playing teams which almost certainly don't absolutely have to beat them in the games they play against Wigan in the order in which they come.

Whereas our next two opponents will be totally wound up in life or death struggles against us.

Brighton and Reading away, Cardiff and Leeds at home.  If Wigan get three points from those four games, I'd be very, very surprised.  They are done for.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Brighton and Reading away, Cardiff and Leeds at home.  If Wigan get three points from those four games, I'd be very, very surprised.  They are done for.

Your enthusiasm would have been welcome in years gone by, and just for the record I don't think Mercers on the wind up either.

We all hope you're right, whilst we have points to play for we're in with a chance, but the nature of the Barnsley defeat seemed so cowardly from that lot masquerading as Rovers players it's another Mercer long shot in my opinion.  

2/9 on with Skybet to go down.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You live in hope.

We could lose both this Easter and even win our last three to stay up!  There is always a club in a relegation battle somewhere that defies the odds and produces some stonking results to come through.

It's Easter celebrating THE biggest miracle of all time - anything is possible.

Those clubs have players with fight

Following on from the Barnsley debacle I don't think we will get above three points from our remaining games. In all honesty I felt our chance of staying up disappeared when Mulgrew and Lenihan picked up their injuries at Reading. At such a crucial time any team would struggle without their two best and possibly most influential players in really important positions and such inadequate replacements.

• Like 1

Just now, den said:

When things are going your way 

The Barnsley keeper and Ref are pie eaters.

Seriously the Ref is a 9 bob note after giving that penalty. What for? I have watched it over and over in slomo to and there is nothing to give. Nothing. So why give it? TwoHat.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The Barnsley keeper and Ref are pie eaters.

Seriously the Ref is a 9 bob note after giving that penalty. What for? I have watched it over and over in slomo to and there is nothing to give. Nothing. So why give it? TwoHat.

They say you make your own luck in football! 

The harder you work the luckier you get!

We've had some bad decisions go against us this season, conversely, we've had the rub of the green a fair few times.  It's only the costly ones that go against you that you seem to remember and not the fortunate decisions that give you a point or points.  The bellyaching of managers when something goes against them is a pet hate of mine.  Take the rough with the smooth and get on with it.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's Easter celebrating THE biggest miracle of all time - anything is possible.

If you believe in that miracle (i.e one that never happened), then I'm starting to see where your relentless, baseless optimism comes from.

This board will be a proper grim place to be come this evening.

Just now, davulsukur said:

If you believe in that miracle (i.e one that never happened), then I'm starting to see where your relentless, baseless optimism comes from.

This board will be a proper grim place to be come this evening.

Presumably, you do not participate in Christmas at all then ?  If you do, is that not just gross hypocrisy ?

Edited by Mercer

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You would just wonder though, if we were handed gifts on a plate, would we take them? 

Only if

1. Steele was the keeper for the opposition

2. Rovers budget has enough coppers left for the brown envelope.

I fear we would miss the penalty anyway.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That post says more about you than them. 

Yeah dieing is a tad harsh, but corns, piles, std's, ulcers, warts and nasty infections are perfectly acceptable.

The relegation thread! But not from the PL. Some right old tosh in he division below. We might win a few games.

• Like 2