BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Journey Into Mordor

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record whilst infront of the TV cameras these last few seasons has also been woeful. I'm trying to think of the last time we played well/won whilst on tv. There were the cup games against Liverpool last season where we did well defensively but ultimately lost, the game against Bolton this season was dire, last season we were on TV early doors against Cardiff when we drew 1-1.

Last game of last season at home to Ipswich.

The worrying thing for me is that the goals have dried up; it's 3 3/4 games since we last scored. :angry:

I'll totally miss this; quite apart from anything else, one of my friends is getting married on Thursday and, for some reason, there won't be a big screen behind the top table tuned into Sky Sports! :(

That's what smartphones and in ear headphones are for ;)

Elland Rd,the infamous walk back to the Coaches under that flyover as thousands of Leeds fans came the opposite way from their Kop End,a barging shoulder,a cold blank stare.....oh the joys of being an away fan in Leeds late 80's!

Last of our group to get on the said Coach with his Nose splattered across his face..we were all of about 15 at the time.

Leeds two hats! :angry:

LUFC O Rovers 6.

Almost certain we'll go into this one in revert to type mode and look to sit and contain. I fancy us to pinch an early goal but go down two one in the end. Let's face it Leeds are crap but they'll have the bounce of their new motivator and we are dream opponents in these situations.

Leeds 2 Bad luck Bowyers boys 1 (500 disappointed again brave souls to trek across)

For those in Aus , game is being shown on Bein sports 3.40 am AWST

A far more reasonable kick-off of 6:45am over in Sydney. Not relying on the (legal in Oz) bet365 stream this time as they failed to screen the game at the weekend....despite saying they were going to show it.

Elland Rd,the infamous walk back to the Coaches under that flyover as thousands of Leeds fans came the opposite way from their Kop End,a barging shoulder,a cold blank stare.....oh the joys of being an away fan in Leeds late 80's!

Last of our group to get on the said Coach with his Nose splattered across his face..we were all of about 15 at the time.

Leeds two hats! :angry:

LUFC O Rovers 6.

I've always thought their thuggish behaviour is due to a lot of them still being in the closet. That camp West Yarkshire accent gives them away.

Fantastic preview!

Unless Koita or Guthrie are fit the only change I would make is Delfy out and Taylor in. Keep Marshall at right back as he's done well and Taylor will be more of a goal threat than Marshall anyway.

Unless Leeds have a decent left wingers, then Henley will need to come in to handle them.

Would normally think we could get something out of this, but with it bring Evans' first game you have to worry it will be a defeat.

Surely a defeat would be the end of Gaz?

Fantastic preview!

Unless Koita or Guthrie are fit the only change I would make is Delfy out and Taylor in. Keep Marshall at right back as he's done well and Taylor will be more of a goal threat than Marshall anyway.

Unless Leeds have a decent left wingers, then Henley will need to come in to handle them.

Would normally think we could get something out of this, but with it bring Evans' first game you have to worry it will be a defeat.

Surely a defeat would be the end of Gaz?

Guthrie will not be fit, probably not until the Nov international break.

So was I.

It isn't great when you can't celebrate a goal properly, hence I'm back in the away stand this season and double celebrations for each goal to make up for last year.

COYB

I love the optimism and hope you are double celebrating lot's of our goals. We have failed to score in the last three though, so you may not get the chance.

Wow, seems like another mad house to rival ours.

I read one of those Independent reports where it championed the potential investment to be had at Leeds, citing the 27k that tuned up for their first home game this season. What they forgot to mention is that there are 700k living in the city. Seven times the population of Blackburn, so that would be the equivalent of us having got 4k through the turnstiles for our first game and the media going overboard as to how impressive that was. Never been a proper footballing city, no one heard of them pre 1960 or pre Don Revie. With a nasty set of Neanderthal supporters, as far as I'm concerned, the relationship with their Italian owner is a match made in heaven.

One of the most exciting games i saw was Leeds v Blackburn at Elland Road 3:3 result 23rd October 1993 (Batty on bench for Leeds). A Shearer hat-trick and a quick thinking (if not inaccurately placed free kick from Newell) Pure quality entertainment and end to end throughout.

I was sat with the Leeds fans for that game as we'd sold out, tough afternoon I can tell you.

My favourite was Boxing Day late 80's, 0-2 down at h/t and came back to draw 2-2 ( Garner and Hendry) - 4000 away fans, hostile and just a great great atmosphere.

Wow, seems like another mad house to rival ours.

I read one of those Independent reports where it championed the potential investment to be had at Leeds, citing the 27k that tuned up for their first home game this season. What they forgot to mention is that there are 700k living in the city. Seven times the population of Blackburn, so that would be the equivalent of us having got 4k through the turnstiles for our first game and the media going overboard as to how impressive that was. Never been a proper footballing city, no one heard of them pre 1960 or pre Don Revie. With a nasty set of Neanderthal supporters, as far as I'm concerned, the relationship with their Italian owner is a match made in heaven.

Indeed, as a one club city (a big city at that) with fans stretching right across Yorkshire, their support is poor. There will be 17000 or so on tonight?

However, as they have such a large catchment area they will always pull in the crowds if they do well- ergo media darlings.

I was sat with the Leeds fans for that game as we'd sold out, tough afternoon I can tell you.

My favourite was Boxing Day late 80's, 0-2 down at h/t and came back to draw 2-2 ( Garner and Hendry) - 4000 away fans, hostile and just a great great atmosphere.

Gav maybe I'm the one with the fuddled memory but I remember losing at Leeds on a Boxing Day (I think it was 2-0) and I do remember that 2-2 game as a great second half fight back, but I thought it was around February or March time? Was it not part of the 23 game unbeaten run under Mackay? I also thought Simon Barker had scored in that game but I'm not as certain about that. You're right though, it was the archetypal game of two halves!

I can recall both goals being scored at the home end, Hendrys was a glancing header, And Garner got the other, we played in 'Yellow Yellow Yellow' maybe 89?

You're right it wasn't Boxing Day OJF, just googled that, we lost 2-0 Boxing Day 1988.

Thanks to markread and soccerbase, it was 27th Feb 1988 - Leeds 2 Blackburn 2

I'm abroad at the moment so I'm going to have to see what I can do with an Ipad, Photon browser and a dodgy wifi connection tonight to watch the game.

Otherwise it's bet365's radio commentary, and I wouldn't wish that on Bradley Orr.

One of the most exciting games i saw was Leeds v Blackburn at Elland Road 3:3 result 23rd October 1993 (Batty on bench for Leeds). A Shearer hat-trick and a quick thinking (if not inaccurately placed free kick from Newell) Pure quality entertainment and end to end throughout.

I remember it well. When the coach arrived, a Leeds fan shouted, "Break a leg Shearer."

He was the first person I thought off when he scored his third.

I can recall both goals being scored at the home end, Hendrys was a glancing header, And Garner got the other, we played in 'Yellow Yellow Yellow' maybe 89?

You're right it wasn't Boxing Day OJF, just googled that, we lost 2-0 Boxing Day 1988.

Its amazing how your memory can play little tricks on you. I remember John Sheridan hardly moved out of the centre circle the whole game and controlled it from start to finish in that Boxing Day defeat. Think he may have been sent off in the 2-2?

Archived