BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Journey Into Mordor

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight sounds like it could be our worst following of the season so far. 430 tickets sold according to the official site.

I'm driving over if anyone wants a lift from the Chorley area. Tickets £34 if bought on the night, £29 from Ewood up to 2:30 this afternoon.

We are playing a rag tag bobtail outfit tonight and given our 'performance levels' this season, I expect Rovers to spank Leeds by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

I really have mixed feelings about tonight's result.

A win will mean we are stuck with Bowyer for at least another few games, defeat and he might just move closer to the exit door (there has to be a tipping point).

I wish I could share the same level of confidence.

As poor as Leeds are and as abysmal as their home form is, I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in Rovers putting anyone to the sword or winning any game comfortably. We have an established knack of grabbing a defeat or draw from the jaws of victory and of making life difficult for ourselves.

Steve Evans will have Leeds fired up for it and I have little faith in us going there and putting in a resolute defensive performance over 90 minutes.

I would love to be proved wrong because 3 points would be most welcome, and that is always the priority ahead of opinions on the manager. For what its worth I don't think defeats in the next 2 games will adversely affect Bowyer's position with the owners whilst it could be extremely damaging to our prospects of surviving this season.

The club are going to portray the next 2 away games as really tough asks and try to convince people that draws will be good results. The reality of the situation is that Leeds are winless in 12 at home over 7 months and Birmingham have lost 2 from 3 at St Andrews against Forest and Rotherham so these are not fortresses we are going to, and we should be aiming for a minimum of 4 points. Anything less and we're looking like being in serious relegation trouble.

We are playing a rag tag bobtail outfit tonight and given our 'performance levels' this season, I expect Rovers to spank Leeds by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

I really have mixed feelings about tonight's result.

A win will mean we are stuck with Bowyer for at least another few games, defeat and he might just move closer to the exit door (there has to be a tipping point).

There probably is but doubt it will have anything to do with results, maybe forgetting to send Mrs D a birthday card or something like that

Overall averaging it out he's been a WLD type gaffer all along so starting tonight it'll be LDW for the next 3 ensuring we trundle on as we are. Didn't we say this season we'd just go around in circles and when Rhodes hits one of his little purple patches we'll win again in good style, that's how it goes.

• Backroom

All depends if Jordan has his shooting boots on tonight, as no other bugger knows where the goal is.

Yep. Rhodes scores, we win. If he doesn't, best case scenario is a draw. A sad state of affairs but the rest of the team act like they don't realise the objective is to stick the ball in the opponent's net.

Looking forward to watching this on TV.

If we score first we may get our tails up and win well, if they score first we could go into our shells.

Always enjoy beating Leeds.

Starting to have some sympathy with the 'I want to lose so Bowyer gets sacked' brigade. The problems is he won't whatever happens.

Come on Rovers we really need the points....

Gav maybe I'm the one with the fuddled memory but I remember losing at Leeds on a Boxing Day (I think it was 2-0) and I do remember that 2-2 game as a great second half fight back, but I thought it was around February or March time? Was it not part of the 23 game unbeaten run under Mackay? I also thought Simon Barker had scored in that game but I'm not as certain about that. You're right though, it was the archetypal game of two halves!

Didn't we cock their chance of a spot in the play offs that season with the 2-2 draw? I'm sure they binned Bremner soon after.

They had a period of employing a lot of their ex players as managers in the 80's and it never worked out. Only started improving when they got Sgt Wilko in. Dinosaur manager but just what they needed.

On a Thursday night live on Sky at £30 at ticket after a run of 2 wins in 13 and NO away win since April Gary, your bloody lucky still getting that good support owd lad.

If only some reporter could point that out to him.

I was sat with the Leeds fans for that game as we'd sold out, tough afternoon I can tell you.

My favourite was Boxing Day late 80's, 0-2 down at h/t and came back to draw 2-2 ( Garner and Hendry) - 4000 away fans, hostile and just a great great atmosphere.

The 2-2 game I think was the week before the end of the long unbeaten run at Stoke. Must have been Feb. We seemed to alternate between behind the goal and down the side in those days but we were definitely behind the goal for that one. What an atmosphere it was.

Must have been in about 5 different sections of the ground at Leeds they are always shunting away fans about. Behind the goal both standing at the front and sitting at the back, stood rammed in an enclosure at the side, seated in the far corner, seated in the lower behind the goal for a cup game and now in the stand at the other side near the tunnel.

Used to be a fixture I rarely missed home or away and used to be a proper Lancs/Yorks derby and atmosphere. I think a lot of theirs felt the same way even well before the Prem days. Can't be arsed with this Thursday night lark though :mellow:

Best case scenario bowyer sacked after the result whatever it may be. Worst case scenario lose and bowyer still plods on taking us into league one. Once again matters on the pitch playing second fiddle to the rank incompetence in the dugout.

ROVERS: Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Hanley ©, Olsson, Taylor, Evans, Akpan, Conway, Lawrence, Rhodes.

Subs: Raya (GK), Henley, Spurr, Kilgallon, Delfouneso, Williamson, O'Sullivan.

Best available side. Interested to see what the Taylor/Marshall combo down the right brings.

Marshall at RB against Burnley got a lot of stick but I'd say be had his best game since February. Defended well , distributed excellently coming into midfield and offered a good overlap.

Please God someone score a goal or two.

Archived