BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City At Home

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I can't go as I'm doing the 3 Peaks tomorrow, hope we give some of the kids a chance to prove themselves with what remains of this outhouse of a season!

Is anybody even bother about it?

What team would people play?

My team would be:-

Steele; Lowe, Ward, Hanley, Doyle; Lenihan, Evans, Gomez; Mahoney, Graham, Marshall.

Subs:-

Raya, Duffy, Kilgallon, Akpan, Conway, Brown, Jackson

Put Raya in for Steele and i'd go for the same.

Rovers 1 Bristol City 1

Brown to climb off the bench and scuff one in the bottom corner in the 88th minute to rescue a point

(It's going to happen)

• Backroom

I can't go as I'm doing the 3 Peaks tomorrow, hope we give some of the kids a chance to prove themselves with what remains of this outhouse of a season!

Good luck mate, done this twice and doing it again next month... it's bloody tough! I've done the GB 24hr 3 peak challenge and I'd say the Yorkshire is worse.

Put Raya in for Steele and i'd go for the same.

Rovers 1 Bristol City 1

Brown to climb off the bench and scuff one in the bottom corner in the 88th minute to rescue a point

(It's going to happen)

No it isn't!

You can add me to the list of folk that won't be going. First 3pm Saturday home game I've missed without good reason for many, many years.

Although I think "not being able to face the 450 mile round trip to watch a half hearted performance from blokes who couldn't give a toss about the club" does, in fact, constitute a perfectly good reason actually.

At least I should be able to get my grass cut.

Also missing the game out of choice for the first time I can remember. Jolly Boys day out in Lytham versus being bored stiff for yet another 90 minutes with nothing to play for.

Sad to say no contest. I hope my enthusiasm returns ready for the start of next season.

Paul Lambert did say the players had nothing prove these last six games.

I'd relax Grant and Ben Marshall from this game and give them the weekend off if not rest of the season and say see you lads after the summer.

I must remember who has my ST. I must also remember to take a good crossword puzzle.

I expect a "real" gate of sub 8,000 although it will be advertised as 12,750'ish.

I hope that CB gets a goal before he is destined for the likes of Colchester, Darwen or Chorley.

• Backroom

Paul Lambert did say the players had nothing prove these last six games.

Hopefully because the majority of them have already proven they aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Can see their forwards troubling our defence all afternoon. 2-1 to the visitors.

Hopefully because the majority of them have already proven they aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Can see their forwards troubling our defence all afternoon. 2-1 to the visitors.

I'd rest Grant for Duffy and see if he can redeem himself.

I'd also swap Brown for Mansell.

I'm missing this too but I guess absent season ticket holders still count on the attendance figures.

Manchester Punk Festival instead this weekend.

I would play Duffy - I know his errors have been costly recently but I think he has potential and he will learn with experience. He won't get experience sat on the bench. I think he will come good eventually.

Raya should start, Mahoney again and why not try the young left back. Nothing to loose. I think this will make it more interesting for the folk who do go.

I'd go:

Raya

Lowe Hanley Ward Doyle

Benett Lenihan Evans Mahoney

Marshall

Graham

Also, get the likes of Mansell, Nyambe and Rankin-Costello on the bench and dependant on how the game is going, potentially give one or two some valuable minutes. What on earth is the point in throwing the likes of Brown or Jackson on in a dead rubber like this? They're not good enough, never have been, and need to leave.

Archived