BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Articles Related To Venky's And Rovers

DE.

Fifth Amendment is irrelevant for obvious reasons, and there is no right to silence any more. It was changed to something else in the early to mid 90's.

I don't think the fifth amendment exists in English law. Right to silence was changed. Only when being questioned by the Police - hence the words, "no comment".

A court case is completely different. When asked a question an answer must be given, unless directed by the trial judge that they don't have to answer the question.

That is criminal law.

Not sure if things are different in civil law.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good article that and brought back memories of the trip to Bulgaria to watch the 3-3 thriller with CSKA. I went to Feynoord, Salzburg, Germany and Glasgow for the European games, as, after a divorce and new found freedom, I thought why not? Not to mention league games at Southampton and Pompey, that both turned into great weekend on the South Coast. I don't go any more either, so they have kicked the stuffing out of me too.

This bit broke my heart...

But as we pile into the pub pre-match, a teenage son of a family friend is there. He's just got the new kit with his name on the back. And, as kick-off draws near, he's fidgeting in his seat. "What time are we setting off? Five minutes everyone!"

I start to see my younger self in him. And whereas the old-timers around the table are as much there to see each other as the match, this lad is genuinely excited about the football. "It's the first time I'll be sat behind the goal, my first time in the Blackburn End, and the first time wearing this new kit!" he says.

But come the match itself, reality bites.

'Venky's Out!' chants ring out for much of the game, and a banner held aloft for the full 90 minutes reads 'Made in Blackburn, Destroyed in India'.

Reality bites indeed. The expectation of an experience that parents, uncles, older siblings, cousins have talked about - shattered with the actual experience of hollowness of the 'Ewood 2016' shell.

This bit broke my heart...

But as we pile into the pub pre-match, a teenage son of a family friend is there. He's just got the new kit with his name on the back. And, as kick-off draws near, he's fidgeting in his seat. "What time are we setting off? Five minutes everyone!"

I start to see my younger self in him. And whereas the old-timers around the table are as much there to see each other as the match, this lad is genuinely excited about the football. "It's the first time I'll be sat behind the goal, my first time in the Blackburn End, and the first time wearing this new kit!" he says.

But come the match itself, reality bites.

'Venky's Out!' chants ring out for much of the game, and a banner held aloft for the full 90 minutes reads 'Made in Blackburn, Destroyed in India'.

Reality bites indeed. The expectation of an experience that parents, uncles, older siblings, cousins have talked about - shattered with the actual experience of hollowness of the 'Ewood 2016' shell.

It would temper the pain somewhat if we knew when these idiots would depart the scene.

It's not knowing how much more we have to endure that really hurts.

Like being in a marathon without knowing what distance it is.

It would temper the pain somewhat if we knew when these idiots would depart the scene.

It's not knowing how much more we have to endure that really hurts.

Like being in a marathon without knowing what distance it is.

I totally agree with this it, its the not knowing thats killing me do they even know about the protests, at least Blackpool fans can got to tell Owen what they thought when he went to the fans meeting. If you want to really depress yourself take a look at roverstalk its full on head in the sand stuff over there!

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f646174da39488e19ed1200d3&id=de3018f1a0

If only the fans thinking Venky's are good for use would lift their heads up and see what's going on around them. Then we could all come together as one, rather than them thinking we just make it all up.

I know it will never happen but we must keep trying.

Absolute crap from Nixon who once again shows his limitations as a journalist. His defence of Coyle is embarrassing whilst he is advising the fans to go to Blackpool to see the damage that protesting has done.

An agenda driven article from a chancer.

It really pishes me off when they make out that is all about Vs cutting costs. It's about mismanagement and incompetence, whether accidental or deliberate, and not about how well funded we are. The Vs could lash out as much cash as they like, and have in the past, but the only way is down with the set up we've got at the club.

So they will not sell to the locals who ' made THEIR lives a misery,long before this latest Storm'????? :o

Well,well,well...how's about that for some twisted,spiteful,agenda driven bullshyte journalism.

These owners were welcomed with open arms,this Clubs downfall has been ALL their own doing...get your facts right Nixon before you pontificate before the masses damn you!!

As suspected the hated Raos are holding onto us through sheer spite,they care not one iota how far we fall,this situation really is the worse case scenario for all fans of this club.

Awful.

Cheston said in the LT that the owners had "invested in the squad" in the summer we should be grateful for that.

Coyle now morning about no money. Sorry but you can't have it both ways when it suits.

The Board should resign if they're not happy not try to pull the wool over fans' eyes. People believe what they read in the LT hence the split when it comes to protests.

Don't know how to upload this because you need to subscribe to the Times.

Article in today's sports section of the Times by Henry Winter about Norwich City owner Delia Smith.

She talks about uncaring owners and quotes Portsmouth and Wolves (No mention of Rovers).

There is a caption in the article, 'Who owns clubs in the top two tiers?' - We are not even mentioned in that :blink:

Have we already been relegated to League One because no one gives us a hope in hell?

Absolute garbage - but what do people expect from that sorry excuse of a publication?

Good to see Nixons still on the pay roll though.

"It really has come to this. And there is no way out.

Those who want their club back forget there is probably no-one around who could rescue the place if Venky’s ever did sell up."

There is no way out? "Probably" no one around?

Only one way to find out isn't there?! Put the club up for sale. It's quite simple really. That could well be "the way out" couldn't it? It's quite radical I must admit; a conclusion that I suspect a myriad of Venky consultants, (global) advisors, agents and The Rao Brain Trust would possibly never reach let alone Alan Nixon.

I suspect he sits at home grumbling that no one has bought his house after 50 years of trying ("Dear Diary: Day 18,249. Nobody offered to buy the house again - can't believe it"). Try putting a For Sale sign up outside Alan! Of course there are no guarantees but it might just help and it would certainly increase the odds of a sale wouldn't it? I mean if you want to sell something at least let people know it's for sale.

From the article;

Sources close to the Indians reveal they will never deal with the locals who made their life misery long before this latest storm.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

"Locals, who made their lives a misery.." What a bizarre inversion!

God, we are in trouble. This is textbook, victim- centric,distorted logic!

Administration is better than slow, lingering death. VENKY'S OUT

I am totally gutted with our situation I really see no light at the end of the tunnel which foreign owner would want to buy this club realistically. We need a miracle and fast and I am so frustrated by the lack of care and the amount of corruption there is within the FA who do the square root of F all for the clubs and for the national team. Our leagues are a joke our club is a joke our national team is a joke.

Archived