BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Away 26/10

Haha.

I will not be getting arrested in Newcastle. Great city with great nightlife

Sorry Chaddy, but I think Newcastle is overhyped.

Have been going there for 30+ years with both business and family stuff.

Those of my generation who visited Newcastle in the 1980's might recall the 'Tuxedo Princess' with its revolving dance floor - the boat was pretty unique and attracted a lot of celebrities. For those more local, Preston had its own version back then with 'The Manxman'.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Close to home banker as you can get, we have to look elsewhere this weekend in the hope we don't lose too much ground.

Still we expect nothing so can only be surprised pleasantly hopefully you think to think we'll concede at least 3 though.

I'd play

Flowers

Salgado Nelsen Peacock Le Saux

Hoilett ferguson Gallagher Pedersen

Shearer Fenton

A few of those have a history of playing well or fluking a handball against the Geordies

I'll be drowning my sorrows in a Zazz kebab either way, by far the best in blackburn (I know this I'm an expert)

I'll personally be putting 'Newcastle to win and over 2.5 goals' on my accumulator at evens!

Can't see much more than a crushing defeat. The boys will be up for it, but will be outclassed by a better, fitter and more organised team. We always seem knackered in the last 20 and I dread to think what Gayle and co could do in that time.

Coming over the North Sea to visit this one with some friends. Really looking forward to the pre- and post-match experience, not so much to the performance nor result. Hopefully we can create some atmosphere as long as we're not down by (2, 3, 4, 5...), at least there should be someone to do our beautiful club some pride.

Close to home banker as you can get, we have to look elsewhere this weekend in the hope we don't lose too much ground.

Still we expect nothing so can only be surprised pleasantly hopefully you think to think we'll concede at least 3 though.

I'd play

Flowers

Salgado Nelsen Peacock Le Saux

Hoilett ferguson Gallagher Pedersen

Shearer Fenton

A few of those have a history of playing well or fluking a handball against the Geordies

I'll be drowning my sorrows in a Zazz kebab either way, by far the best in blackburn (I know this I'm an expert)

Sorry but that'll never fit into the weekly budget !

Always enjoy the day out in Newcastle although the game experience is rubbish because of the view. I don't think their support is all that, their catchment area must be 10 times ours and when we were on a similar footing they were only getting double what we got. I remember being there in the days when they used to get 15k or less as well.

Always enjoy the day out in Newcastle although the game experience is rubbish because of the view. I don't think their support is all that, their catchment area must be 10 times ours and when we were on a similar footing they were only getting double what we got. I remember being there in the days when they used to get 15k or less as well.

Agree with this. Their support was bang average before they hit the big time again in the early / mid 90s.

One of my earliest away games as a kid was Newcastle away. Having just checked on the 11v11 website it was exactly 25 years ago yesterday. Rovers had just started to make a real push for promotion under Dalglish. The score was 0-0; I remember Scott Sellars went through towards the end and missed! The attendance was 23k of which 3-4k were Rovers fans. Only a couple of thousand more than we were getting in the old Ewood at the time.

I checked the attendance the season before on 11v11 and it was only 16k.

0-5 Rovers.

Wibble,wibble.

Ha. Now I'm off to Hartlepool to buy a pair of exploding plans. Cluck...cluck...jibber...jibber, my old mans a mushroom, etc.

There's a circus in the toon, in the town

Kevin Keegan is a clown, is a clown

Arthur Cox has got the f@£&ing pox

Newcastle are staying down, staying down!

Happy days!

Sure there'll be the obligatory chants of where did shearer win the league and did you cry when Fenton scored.

Agree with this. Their support was bang average before they hit the big time again in the early / mid 90s.

One of my earliest away games as a kid was Newcastle away. Having just checked on the 11v11 website it was exactly 25 years ago yesterday. Rovers had just started to make a real push for promotion under Dalglish. The score was 0-0; I remember Scott Sellars went through towards the end and missed! The attendance was 23k of which 3-4k were Rovers fans. Only a couple of thousand more than we were getting in the old Ewood at the time.

I checked the attendance the season before on 11v11 and it was only 16k.

I went to that game, broke down on the way home in my old Ford Sierra and had to pay £140 for a tow home from Washington.

We went to Peppermint Place that night and Scott Sellars was there so one of my mates gave him a clip round the ear for missing that chance. Happy days !!!

Heading over from Ireland, cant be dealing with Ewood at the minute...depressing! The away games are more of a treat and a night out on the toon is hard to resist! Seems a fair amount going, any places to get sloshed pre and post match? Were gonna need it! :rover:

I'm on a roll on the 'next 5 games' thread (3 away defeats, 2 home wins is what I said ya'll)

3-0 Newcastle!!!! (assuming they're not at their best).

If Coylio got a result up there it would be in the same bag as 'Keanio beating that other United'.

i got thrown out of newcastle during the fa cup game,for handing newcastle fans there attendance figures during one year in the 80s when we played em at st james massive crowd of 13k,who has a fishy on a little lishy,when the boat comes in.

Archived