BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Reading

Mercer

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those were the days when a reporter would say that an emergency board meeting had been called.

The only time anyone enters the boardroom at Ewood these days is when a ground tour passes through. They even sign player contracts in the canteen i think, which about matches the standard of signings i suppose.

Ghost club.

• Backroom

Not keen to see the lowlights but can anyone confirm marshall shirked another challenge for the second goal?

How bad must Jack Byrne actually be to not get a run out when we are down to bare bones and a midfielder goes off injured?

What an eye opener.IMV, clear from the start that Reading were better organised, more energetic, quicker and slicker. We were like a pub team in comparison.Yep, we scored two and missed some chances (Graham could and should have had a hat trick) but many of Reading's difficulties were self inflicted as they tried to be over elaborate at the back.If Reading had been more clinical, they would have scored six - I lost count of the number of half chances and opportunities they squandered. Some of their approach play was excellent.Defensively, we were woeful and you could find major fault with each goal we conceded. Our midfield was, again, almost non existent.Gallagher is wasted out wide on the left in what is largely a 442 and surely it would be better to have Emnes there (wide left) with his trickery. Gallagher's power through the middle would have put even more pressure on a Reading defence that looked far from confident.It really was 'Deadwood' with virtually no atmosphere. Sat in the JW and would estimate 800 in DE, 1,200 in Riverside and 2,000 in BE. So if, JW half full at best, that would give a real gate of 8,500.

So 4.5K in the JW then. That sounds a lot.

So 4.5K in the JW then. That sounds a lot.

Difficult to gauge when you are sat in same stand. I did say 'at best'. Pretty confident of 4k estimate for other three areas of ground so official attendance of almost 11k is, in my opinion, an absolute joke. Would wager big money that no more than 8,500 on ground today.

JW holds 11K PB.

How I would love to see it full, it is a cracking stand with a great view.

Perhaps we could shut the Riverside, BBE and DE for the home fans and put them all in the JW. It would save money, look good on the telly and there would still be space for a protective shield around Coyley.

Not keen to see the lowlights but can anyone confirm marshall shirked another challenge for the second goal?

How bad must Jack Byrne actually be to not get a run out when we are down to bare bones and a midfielder goes off injured?

Yes and yes.

Marshall pulled out of a lot of challenges and even pulled out and turned his back as a Reading defender cleared in THEIR box.

Once again he sacrificed a midfielder for a defender.

The guy is utterly clueless. The fans called it right in June when he was appointed.

Coyle Out!

I can't agree on the sub point Stuart. We sit almost on the halfway line and Lowe and another Rovers player clearly indicated to Coyle that Akpan needed to come off. Marshall went in midfield and Nyambe to full back.

Brown slipped as he turned for the winning goal. It happens. What is unforgivable is none of the midfield came back in support and the Reading scorer, Evans?, was unmarked on the edge of the box. That was the error not Brown being beaten.

Thought Brown did ok today though you could tell he hasn't played properly all season. Though he had about as much agility as you would expect from a 37 year old defender that's had injury problems.

I really like Lenihan and I'm sure he's working on his game, it just seems to me though that if a ball isn't coming straight at him, he's a bit weak at times.

Gallagher wasted out wide.

Steele is bloody crap.

I can't agree on the sub point Stuart. We sit almost on the halfway line and Lowe and another Rovers player clearly indicated to Coyle that Akpan needed to come off. Marshall went in midfield and Nyambe to full back.

Brown slipped as he turned for the winning goal. It happens. What is unforgivable is none of the midfield came back in support and the Reading scorer, Evans?, was unmarked on the edge of the box. That was the error not Brown being beaten.

If this was the first time he'd done it he could have some benefit of the doubt. It isn't. He could have replaced Akpan with Byrne and left Marshall where he was.

An unlucky manager is as bad as a poor one. Coyle is both.

Surely even Chaddy and Parson are out for Coyle's blood tonight. I don't have the tiniest bit of doubt that we're down should he remain (which he will).

He needs to go. Simple as that. He's a decent bloke who has done his best but, at the end of the day, results are simply nowhere near good enough. We aren't going to be able to change the players in January so the manager needs to change as soon as possible. Relegation is looking like a four horse race between ourselves, Rotherham, Burton and Wigan. If we can tighten up defensively we might just do enough to survive but I don't believe Coyle is capable to doing that. Hence he needs to go.

He needs to go. Simple as that. He's a decent bloke who has done his best but, at the end of the day, results are simply nowhere near good enough. We aren't going to be able to change the players in January so the manager needs to change as soon as possible. Relegation is looking like a four horse race between ourselves, Rotherham, Burton and Wigan. If we can tighten up defensively we might just do enough to survive but I don't believe Coyle is capable to doing that. Hence he needs to go.

He should have never set foot in Ewood Park. This is the most predictable situation I can imagine. In August a blind man on a galloping horse could have seen we'd be in the bottom three at Xmas.

So Coyle has to go, but you were happy for Bowyer to relegate us?

Loanees,injury prones and free transfers.....mean these results.

Coyle is the symptom of the problem! SORRY

Thats me and you seeing the bigger picture mhead, sadly we seem in the minority.

But its dead easy when you don't go that often to see the wood through the trees.

Anyone else think about the far east betting scandal. Three 3-2s in a week. Comments?

Brighton could and should have scored 6. Gallagher is Lionel Messi if he can be ineffective all game and then score that second goal on Tuesday just to force a 3-2.

Today, if you wanted a 3-2 defeat, it was incredibly brave to keep it comfortably at 2-2 and hope that they didn't miss the one chance they got in the 92nd minute.

I think you've been reading too many 'did we land on the moon' conspiracies.

Archived