BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Raise a red card to the Raos

EwoodDawn

Just now, Mike E said:

Got put right off our fans today. I stood in the rain for 90mins handing out red cards, to be insulted by people on both sides (Utd fans were actually more courteous), and no obvious sign that there is any issue with our owners.

Not renewing next season to be sat next to a bunch people who would rather insult me than speak up against the Raos.

Screw the lot of them.

One one of the reasons I don't go . They deserve it  for those who will go no matter what , who won't make any sort of stand be it protest or boycott , this is yours . Enjoy it 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A number of people handing out red cards before game and full credit to them for giving up their spare time to rally supporters to take part.

A lot of supporters at the game today who don't attend much, which may of knocked any protest sideways .

However banners on bridges picked up by papers and social media.

Red cards , a number of us held them up and although it can get disheartening when not many take part, We must not give up.

We dust ourselves down and go again 

Just now, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

I went to the game and I have a season ticket. I took some red cards off a chap outside the JW to take part. Disappointing that your efforts were not supported better. 

I really really appreciate what you tried to do and I thank you.

I know it won't console you but it needs saying.

Well said.

Just now, Mike E said:

Got put right off our fans today. I stood in the rain for 90mins handing out red cards, to be insulted by people on both sides (Utd fans were actually more courteous), and no obvious sign that there is any issue with our owners.

Not renewing next season to be sat next to a bunch people who would rather insult me than speak up against the Raos.

Screw the lot of them.

It's a real watershed time for protests. The majority will only be swayed when the football is going badly. That means conceding a couple of goals early or being put to the sword. Close games, narrow defeats, draws and wins: move along, nothing to see here.

I've been saying it for a long time and got a battering but most Rovers fans do not care about ownership issues. They have their own circle of friends or family, cocooned from reality. It's just football, it's only a game, there are far more important things to worry about than a football club. And that's how they seen it. Grumble after a bad defeat, all smiles after a win. There is just a general apathy. If the club folds they'll find something else to do. We all will. They won't do something that takes a few minutes of their time "because it won't make any difference" and they won't offer anything that might make a difference because "they don't have time".

All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

It was interesting hearing the BBE N01 towards the end of the game singing "Rovers til I die". I guess we'll see them at the next home game then. Or is that "Rovers when we play a team like United but other than that I'm not that bothered"...?

Soon after our goal I held up the flashing red Venky's Out app on my phone and pointed it across the pitch at the empty Venky seats and also towards the Blackburn End.

Same on 75 minutes. I don't even know if it can be seen. I'm up at the back of Riverside towards the Darwen End.

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Screw the lot of them.

I would like to apologise to you on behalf of all rovers fans, but I do not represent all rovers fans, so I will apologise on behalf of myself. 

Well done to those of you involved in this today.  Perhaps not visually effective BUT a lot of people were reading the info on the back. Anything that helps get the message out there is great.  Obviously scoring a couple of mins early did not help as well as the number of shall we say 'not regular attendees'.  Don't be too disheartened.  Thank you once again for your efforts.  

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

A number of people handing out red cards before game and full credit to them for giving up their spare time to rally supporters to take part.

A lot of supporters at the game today who don't attend much, which may of knocked any protest sideways .

However banners on bridges picked up by papers and social media.

Red cards , a number of us held them up and although it can get disheartening when not many take part, We must not give up.

We dust ourselves down and go again 

There was always a good chance this would happen today, as returning fans, be them glory hunters or disillusioned fans would just wanting to come and see us playing Man u and not get involved in any protest.

There's some sort of media momentum at present, whether it's just the Man u thing, realisation within the press of our genuine plite or something happening in the background that has been stirred up for the benefit of third party owners, only time will tell.

But as you say, keep going, we will get there in the end.

RTID

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I think that was predictable. The boycotters who are the angriest were still boycotting and the 7,000 people who go once or twice a year by definition aren't particularly bothered about anything Rovers. 

I was always of the view we only got our 25k crowds because the Boxing Day-only fans got cheap season tickets while we were competitive in the Prem but never became true fanatics plus, compared to other clubs, we seemed to have a much bigger % of extended families going rather than 25k headbangers. Hard to organiser a mass protest when 50-75% of the fans aren't particular into it or are under-10s and pensioners.

Gutted for all those who put effort into this. After all the media coverage we have had about the owners this week on the radio and newspapers their is literally no excuse left to not understand enough to realise where we are heading. For every "fan" which says protests do nothing are deluded. The fact is protests got enough recognition to get the media to finally start digging into this. If everybody had the attitude of " it won't do anything so what's the point " then the the rest of the footballing world would still be ignorant to our plight. Finally we are being taken seriously and with abit of luck enough digging by people in power who are now aware of our struggle due to the protesters might help save this club from being padlocked shut. Every fan owes the earth to the guys like Glenn, mark and many more for the hard work and dedication. If you can't hold a piece of red card for literally 60 seconds , even if it's to just acknowledge the effort these guys go to to save YOUR club then you are a disgrace. There is no other word for it. You should hang your heads. If these lads make 1% difference in ridding this club of all it's evils you should be eternally grateful. Carry on with your heads in the sand and you will have no lads to get behind FFS. Don't give up Glenn and co. You will forever have my gratitude and full respect.

problem is these protests are doomed from the outset,there is so many things that can effect it.The powers to be need to up the anti,ok you wil slag me off and say its ok for me to say this as im 7k miles away and cannot take part,this is the 2nd time we have missed the boat this year,the 1st time in india the 2nd time agaimst the worlds no 1 club,its ok calling people who have there head in the sand,but you have to be brave and go the extra mile.ps stuart im still waiting for your reply,

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Gutted for all those who put effort into this. After all the media coverage we have had about the owners this week on the radio and newspapers their is literally no excuse left to not understand enough to realise where we are heading. For every "fan" which says protests do nothing are deluded. The fact is protests got enough recognition to get the media to finally start digging into this. If everybody had the attitude of " it won't do anything so what's the point " then the the rest of the footballing world would still be ignorant to our plight. Finally we are being taken seriously and with abit of luck enough digging by people in power who are now aware of our struggle due to the protesters might help save this club from being padlocked shut. Every fan owes the earth to the guys like Glenn, mark and many more for the hard work and dedication. If you can't hold a piece of red card for literally 60 seconds , even if it's to just acknowledge the effort these guys go to to save YOUR club then you are a disgrace. There is no other word for it. You should hang your heads. If these lads make 1% difference in ridding this club of all it's evils you should be eternally grateful. Carry on with your heads in the sand and you will have no lads to get behind FFS. Don't give up Glenn and co. You will forever have my gratitude and full respect.

Well said.

You can hear some of the fans that can't, don't want to see what's starring them in the the face, in years to come sat at the bar with half a mild telling anyone that will listen that they fought tooth and nail to save the club from oblivion.

Just now, blue kiwi said:

problem is these protests are doomed from the outset,there is so many things that can effect it.The powers to be need to up the anti,ok you wil slag me off and say its ok for me to say this as im 7k miles away and cannot take part,this is the 2nd time we have missed the boat this year,the 1st time in india the 2nd time agaimst the worlds no 1 club,its ok calling people who have there head in the sand,but you have to be brave and go the extra mile.ps stuart im still waiting for your reply,

It's about playing a canny game.  Hindsight etc is a wonderful thing.  I mentioned when the draw was made that the simplest and most effective way to manipulate the situation would be to have the opposite campaign to operation empty Ewood  (in the prevous round) eg. operation fill Ewood.  Advertise the fact that this is what the club could be like weekly IF we had the right owners.  Push a positive atmosphere for the game etc.  It would have been an easy win for the supporters and the 'not every week brigade' would have boosted that simply by turning up. 

Not to take anything away from today's idea, or knock the people involved.  As I said before, every credit.  

Just now, roverandout said:

I'm of the opinion alot of fans are just match day fans and don't bother with what is happening at the club off the pitch,  these are the fans that are killing the club!

No. No they're not. Stop forgetting who the real villains are. You can judge fans for not protesting but don't pretend that they are the ones 'killing' the club. 

This 'if you're not with us you're against us' attitude by some of the protestors is tiresome.

Itd be great to see the fan base unified when it comes to protesting but clearly it's not happening. Do your best. The message is getting out.

Just don't start accusing other Rovers fans of being the enemy if they don't want to get involved.

Lost my voice from shouting "Hold up your red card to Venkys, don't let your club die"

Enjoyed handing out cards to people today. Engaging with families and showing peole who protest are approachable and decent. I also sadistically enjoyed putting every scab who dared to open their pathetic mouth in their place. Some guy said something along the lines of "you lot are making it worse"... I bet he wished hadn't opened his mouth by time i'd finished with him, scuttled off like a mouse being chased by a cat. I'd say 80% of people were really receptive, even the police and stewards said "well done". Steward moved me off the premises, youngish lad, notoced the cowards in charge of security didn't have the balls to try and move me themselves. Scabs.

Some were decent, shook hands chanted Venkys out but when it came to the crunch... No one stood up to be counted which makes me come back to that phrase... Some of our fans deserve Venkys and they will be wondering what has happened when we're in League 1. 

The time was today and you bottled it.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

No. No they're not. Stop forgetting who the real villains are. You can judge fans for not protesting but don't pretend that they are the ones 'killing' the club. 

This 'if you're not with us you're against us' attitude by some of the protestors is tiresome.

Itd be great to see the fan base unified when it comes to protesting but clearly it's not happening. Do your best. The message is getting out.

Just don't start accusing other Rovers fans of being the enemy if they don't want to get involved.

The only enemies are the owners. However knowing what we know as fans and I'm confident the majority that do nothing know enough information to realise that the owners are at best dissintrested, self serving barstewards and worst , well doesn't bare thinking about. To not take a card to hold for 60 seconds and tell people to sit down and shut up is disgraceful. 

Your right the fan base will never be unified, something I've started to come to terms with. They may not be killing the club but are guilty bystanders watching it being beaten to death

It takes little to no effort to support a protest of today's nature. The game isn't interupted , you don't have to say anything, you get behind the lads and miss no football. You didn't even have to make your own red cards ffs. Sorry.. no more excuses

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You make a good point but it works both ways and certain ones who don't want to protest can often be the main aggressors it seems There is an element who are determined to try and paint protesters and boycotters as the root cause of present problems which is beyond ridiculous.  Yet again though today is the wrong day to judge when the ground was always going to be half full of big game hunters. 

• Backroom

Have to admit, I was very surprised how many cops and stewards wanted a red card to see what it was about. Three cops I spoke to were Wigan, Bolton, and Bury fans, none of them really knew about our troubles.

Just now, Mike E said:

Have to admit, I was very surprised how many cops and stewards wanted a red card to see what it was about. Three cops I spoke to were Wigan, Bolton, and Bury fans, none of them really knew about our troubles.

That's a bit odd you'd think they'd get told in any pre match briefing.

7 minutes ago, meadows said:

It's odious to sneeringly paint Rovers fans who came yesterday as "big game hunters" & "part timers" 

If you feel you are unable to stomach going fair enough but to resort to name-calling supporters who do turn up is infantile and bilious 

In terms of ludicrous overhype you are in a class of your own.

Archived